Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22A Bisimoto Header: How well is yours working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toycar View Post
    What's an h22 header have to do with the thread?
    Spam??? lol
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The best I could determine was that he meant to show an example of a 1-piece header that negated the need for a slip joint altogether. I was confused as well.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Ya it's not spam, he is just throwing out an avenue for people to explore.

I think it was uncalled for.

He can start a thread about it to share with fellow tuners, but this thread has a specific point and that adds no merit to the problems at hand.

We all have google.

Comment

I'd like to see this explained as well. I'd hate to have to ban a veteran premium member. Complaining about Bisi's products in a thread dedicated to them is one thing. Offering alternatives (or attempting to, as that is not at all what we are discussing here) is a pretty shitty thing to do.

Bisi and I have had our disagreements, and I have voiced my own negative feelings regarding a few matters... but I will not stand for something as disrespectful as this. Especially something so incredibly poorly thought out that the link seems to be posted purely in malice, with little intention to offer any actual help to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisimoto View Post
            In regard to positive feedback, there are tons, and here is a few samples of F and H series clients with great success:

http://youtu.be/dg0ZNLU66Io

http://youtu.be/pjkjubb6rhc

http://youtu.be/EkDluwnA67M

http://youtu.be/ibSWswq35gQ

http://youtu.be/9AfSEb_HpIc

The Bisimoto headers ARE the most advanced F units on the planet, and the new v3 designs are even more superior. The OP will be very pleased with the performance upon recieving his unit back. Thanks, and have a pleasant weekend.

Comment

Most advanced headers in the world... lol. Cheap Ebay 4-1 headers don't leak

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                Most advanced headers in the world... lol. Cheap Ebay 4-1 headers don't leak
                Classy, real classy
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Damn that sucks, never seen Yaw banned lol.

In any case, it's silly and unfair to everyone to gunk it up with opinions....that's what Bisi's forum/site is for.

Call the fucking BBB.

Im not really on any side because I have not shelled out money, so I keep my mouth shut.

I am hoping for a good resolution and that's what this thread was intended for so we should all strive to keep it that way.

OR BANSTICK RAPPPE YOU

Comment

Any new updates on the fitment? Although I wasn't thrilled with the customer service on my last Bisimoto purchase... I still plan on using their parts for my next build, including the header if the QC can improve.

Comment

something that would help is if he used bolts to hold it together rather than springs.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
                        something that would help is if he used bolts to hold it together rather than springs.
                        Exactly. The springs seem to serve no real useful purpose.

For now I’m using turnbuckle hook and hooks (mine are beefier than pic) instead of the stupid springs. And then if the spring perches break off, I will have some bolt hole perches welded on like the 2nd image below. The header still leaks a little but it’s noticeably a lot less than with just the springs. I'm sure welded on bolt hole perches would work even better.

I’ve also just ordered the RESBOND sealant below. So rather than welding, I’ve thought I may end up using this instead, the next time I remove the header in a couple of months. I’ve used it on a furnace before and it worked great.

“TC-ADH-Resbond-907GF-5
                        High Temperature Adhesive and Sealant Putty, Resbond™ 907GF Fireproof Adhesive and Sealant is a moist, creamy putty for use to from -300ºF to 2350ºF.”

Last edited by Tishock; 03-18-2013, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                          Any new updates on the fitment? Although I wasn't thrilled with the customer service on my last Bisimoto purchase... I still plan on using their parts for my next build, including the header if the QC can improve.
                          No update yet. My weekend shop helper couldn't make it this weekend due to school work. I was hoping that he would help me out for the Bisi header installation since the generic header on the car developed leak. It could be the famous gasket failure. I wasn't gonna use Bisi header this time but this leak made me to think otherwise.

-------------------------------------------------------

tishock's turnbuckle idea is great. I would try it if there's issue with springs. I have a tube of exhaust system sealer which my son had tried to use on his Civic's cast iron exhaust manifold.
                          A&P-IA

Comment

I haven't really chimed in yet but, my experience with the header is that it does leak at the slip joint but only at idle, I don't notice any exhaust fumes in the cabin or outside of the car when the car is idling and no carbon buildup in the engine bay whatsoever.

After driving the car around for maybe 10 minutes I did notice that the leak seamed to stop and the pipes sealed shut. I still had the gap at the slip joint but no exhaust was escaping from that gap. After letting the car sit for a couple of days, I turned it on and checked the gap again, the leak returned but after a quick drive it sealed up again.

In conclusion, yes my Bisi header leaks, but only at idle , no it doesn't bother me, yes it is installed correcly, and last but not least, I absolutely love the header. Where else am I going to get a better performing header that was made for this motor? I wouldn't pay retail price for the header, but if you can get one second hand I would say it would be money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Macaqueistrong View Post
                              I haven't really chimed in yet but, my experience with the header is that it does leak at the slip joint but only at idle, I don't notice any exhaust fumes in the cabin or outside of the car when the car is idling and no carbon buildup in the engine bay whatsoever.

After driving the car around for maybe 10 minutes I did notice that the leak seamed to stop and the pipes sealed shut. I still had the gap at the slip joint but no exhaust was escaping from that gap. After letting the car sit for a couple of days, I turned it on and checked the gap again, the leak returned but after a quick drive it sealed up again.

In conclusion, yes my Bisi header leaks, but only at idle , no it doesn't bother me, yes it is installed correcly, and last but not least, I absolutely love the header. Where else am I going to get a better performing header that was made for this motor? I wouldn't pay retail price for the header, but if you can get one second hand I would say it would be money well spent.
                              Do you have a 2.5in exhaust or the are you using any of the stock parts?

I ask because I am wondering if the smaller diameter is backing up the exhaust causing the header to leak? I am by no means an expert on exhaust or anything else just thinking.

I notice the OP diameter drops down to stock past the flex pipe. Or so it looks. I also recall reading something about hotter exhaust gases flowing faster which would explain why you don't leak once your engine is warm.

steve

Comment

I'm running open header right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X