Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Skunk2 IM or OEM (jdm) on h23a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 IM or OEM (jdm) on h23a

i cant chose if i stay with my h23a jdm intake or i put on my skunk2 intake/TB

every body down here say i gonna get a 5whp gain over a 2wtq lost.... i understand is more complex but in simple is somewhere like this....

i got the IM/TB almost for free (100$) so.... i need fact,faq, tick and advice on what to do !

Thx !

(oh, and i did my work i search the forum for clue and aint find nothing)

** sorry for my poor english
    My Ride Thread
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
    Mark Twain

FaceBook

Originally posted by DragonEye View Post
    i cant chose if i stay with my h23a jdm intake or i put on my skunk2 intake/TB

every body down here say i gonna get a 5whp gain over a 2wtq lost.... i understand is more complex but in simple is somewhere like this....

i got the IM/TB almost for free (100$) so.... i need fact,faq, tick and advice on what to do !

Thx !

(oh, and i did my work i search the forum for clue and aint find nothing)

** sorry for my poor english
    From my knowledge the JDM (Euro) intake out-flows the Skunk2, hands down. But fitment does take some work.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=15903

Comment

Depends if your h23a is a p13 or pde stamped head.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

I dont talk about de euro r intake manifold but a h22 one (i put a h22 IM for the 3 to 2 wire conversion.

And staped p13 hf-2
        My Ride Thread
        The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
        Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Simply put, the skunk2 manifold is supposed to match their camshaft. On a stock engine, you won't see big gains, even tuned. Bolted right on, you may lose power l, the big difference comes with tuning.

If you own it, put it on, and send your oem h22 plenum and lower to be ported by Rosko, then change it back out and sell the skunk2.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

this engine have typeS cams, it look like the same as skunk2 stage 1 but i cant be 100% sure,

thx everybody for the advice,

someone have more idea ?
            My Ride Thread
            Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

here the pictures
              My Ride Thread
              Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

The type s cams are similar to the skunk 2 type 1s. As far as the I'm, you would gain more with a gutted stock plenum and runners vs the skunk2. Skunk is designed to go hand and hand as far As gains in power.

But I have seen dyno runs with skunk and a gutted stock manifolds, I will say gains differ on builds but the gutted plenum beats skunk by 2-5hp and.
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Gutted manifold?
                  My Ride Thread
                  Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

Gutted manifold?

gutted manifold
                    CB7TUNER.com
                    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

oh ! well cool, but i aint have flowbench and dyno to work with to tune this up....
                      My Ride Thread
                      Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

I had my car on the dyno yesterday and, without changing my tuning, I picked up 4hp at the wheels. Tuning added another 3hp and I gained 2ft/lbs. Those are peak numbers, but the graph showed gains all across the power band, some mid-range gains being as much as 10hp. Those are all gains over having an IAB delete and a 70mm throttle body on a matched plenum. As long as you use the Skunk2 throttle body and the manifold is ported to match the throttle body, you will see gains throughout.
                        Last edited by Mike1357; 04-09-2016, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                          I had my car on the dyno yesterday and, without changing my tuning, I picked up 4hp at the wheels. Tuning added another 3hp and I gained 2ft/lbs. Those are peak numbers, but the graph showed gains all across the power band, some mid-range gains being as much as 10hp. Those are all gains over having an IAB delete and a 70mm throttle body on a matched plenum. As long as you use the Skunk2 throttle body and the manifold is ported to match the throttle body, you will see gains throughout.
                          over the stock H23a IM ? or a sk2 one ?
                          My Ride Thread
                          Mark Twain

FaceBook

Comment

over the stock H23a IM ? or a sk2 one ?
                            That was over a H22A manifold with an IAB delete and a port-matched 70mm throttle body.

Comment

Working...
                            X