Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fan freaking tastic cisco. loving what youre doing. i wish i lived closer, so i could be around to witness this badass accord construction, and help out... youre taking things over the top, a step above, and it looks great... love how youre doing all this to an F22.

you DID say it was an all-motor f22 project, i just never realized how in depth you were getting.

on a side note, i envy the cleanliness of your suspension... thats my next project, probly next spring, strip it all apart and redo it all.

keep up the good work man.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      Well, updated the modification list. I will need a 255 lph Walbro fuel pump for my tweaked and finalized plans. I will retain the H22 355 cc/min injectors. I am going with a Bisimoto camshaft .480" int/.480" exh valve lift and F22 street header combination. I'm getting his phenolic intake gasket as well. Since I'm going with his camshaft, I will have to buy his valvetrain for the increase lift with titanium retainers as well, so I'm selling my single spring upgrade to a fellow MWCC member. I should be somewhere between 220-270 whp based on real-world examples. My modification are in between, so perhaps 250 whp +/- 10 whp.

Also, I am getting an additional signal harness for my Zeitronix wideband and a Zeitronix MAP sensor. I'm going to tap into my H23 intake manifold plenum, install this MAP sensor so I can get an accurate vaccum and RPM reading as well as datalog my AFR, etc. I can then save the file, show or describe what RPM and vacuum my issues are occuring it to my dyno shop and over the phone or in person they can tweak my Hondata S300. Over the phone, obviously they can guide me on what to do based on this information I give them. I think this is necessary for this setup cuz it's starting to get craaaaaaaaazy!!
      that looks like a pretty nice cam going in there. And i did the same thing with zeitronix, i bought the MAP sensor to make tuning on uberdata loads easier
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

First, you got Probe rods? Like these: http://www.importperformanceparts.ne...ctingrods.html The 3rd one down?
        Any opinion or hear anything else on those Spark Racing ones?

Second, idk about this 250whp business. I've been following your build and the red one. I'm sure you'll hit 200whp and I hope you get the most possible, but comparing your specs to other builds and I have my doubts.
        You say 220-270 based on what other builds?
        I've done my research and have done my comps like in the real estate business and I just don't see how 250whp is possible on our sohc f22 without some more extreme mods, esp. a displacement increase. That cam sounds good though. Have you posted the flow numbers on the head, or will you?
        I know there is the slight unknown in that no one has really fully built the SOHC F22 for street use, but that unknown won't magically account for 20 or 30 or xx whp.
        I guess it will come down to the headwork and if that camshaft works well/the best, and the header, which I'm sure if you're getting from Bisi, will be superb. When is he gonna offer a fairly cheap one, i.e $500-$700 for the rest of us poor folk?
        I just don't see how 250whp is possible. It seems to get iffy though once I see people reach the mid 2xx's. Definitely kill my scepticism, though, and do our F22's proud.
        Assuming you dyno on that same dyno as the red project, and all external variables being equal, i.e weather, etc. I predict 220-225whp.
        Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
        -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
        MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

uslspct:

1) Yes, I'm using Probe rods w/ARP bolts. I haven't heard anything on this other brand, sorry.

2) I'm using the 2 real-world examples Bisi knows of based of them using his camshafts and headers. He knows these guys by name. They used other performance parts to fill in the blanks and some tips from him as well. Anyhow, 220whp is some guy in IL that went with a milder Bisi camshaft, lower compression than I and I believe he got some milder headwork too. The 270whp guy is from GA and runs 13:1 CR, all-out headwork, runs one of Bisi's more aggressive camshafts, Bisi race header...it's a 1/4 drag car cuz the guy wanted to beat other Hondas at his track.

3) I am going 12:1 compression with a slight increase in displacement, but it's 86mm bore for the sake of using Arias pistons and it will definitely clean up the cylinders no questions. It's also the largest you can go on a stock sleeved F22 safely. Basically my displacement will me a closer to a true 2.2L, not 2.15L

4) I will post headwork flow numbers eventually, but since I got this white headwork done at DH-Racing, they did not supply flow numbers. Dave actually purchased a flow bench after my headwork was done & shipped out. Anyhow, I have even better plans for this. I plan to send my DHR F22 head to CHR (same guy that did my red Accord head), for him to do a flowtest on the SAME machine as my red, so I can compare apples to apples. I'm also having my head tweaked a lil bit based off a Bisi tip. You are correct in the sense of the headwork being a key difference between any setup when comparing, I obviously had mine done by a different source than the 220 & 270whp guys. I just hope that it's up there in that range of quality. We'll see by the apple to apple comparison on CHR's flow bench.

EDIT: I had CHR do another F22ax head for me, which is what I am currently using. Photos on first page.

5) A major aspect of this build is the fact that I'm getting a Bisi F22 street header specifically designed for his level 3 camshaft that's a hardweld camshaft with larger lift than any stock cam core based regrind. That is also why I'm selling my f22parts.com single spring upgrade for Bisi's valvetrain because I need to for functionality and it's designed for the larger lift cams he offers. Anyhow, a header designed to a camshaft is a potent combo for good NA power and the compression will help as well.

6) I will dyno this white project on the same dyno. I will used a Hondata S300 for this setup because the cam needs TPS based maps for idle quality. My ultimate goals are to beat H22 swapped cb7s, make atleast 200whp and beat poorly thought F22 turbo setups. However, after talking with Bisi it seems my 200whp goal will easily be reached and I'll surpass it. I predict 250 +/-10whp, we'll see though.

BTW: Keep in mind for acceleration & handling aspects, I have a JDM H22 w/LSD already purchased & received for this white project. I'll retain decent 5th gear RPMs, but have the larger final drive, LSD and shorter gearing.
          Last edited by HondaFan81; 06-17-2008, 11:59 AM.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer
            word, do you have somewhere you go or would reccomend for tuning the newly ordered p06? MRX said that it was the basemap you were using, but i would have to take it somewhere to get it tuned properly. this could be a nice little addition to a meet sometime
            Yes, I do. I have a dyno/performance shop that is 15 minutes from my work or 45 minutes from my house. Either way, they have my basemap for the red Accord project on file. They have the ability to tune Uberdata, Crome, Hondata and other engine management systems. I ran a chipped P06 ECU with a Hondata S200 system for my dyno tune. I bought the Hondata S200 system for $300 at the dyno shop just before the install, it's up to you.

I recommend before installing your header to drill a hole on the top part of the downpipe part of header for the wideband O2 sensor for dyno tuning. Get a O2 bung and plug kit for cheap at www.moates.net This will make for a quicker dyno session.

Comment

awesome work man, i cant wait to see this all come together.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

These guys are all right for their explanations on why I did not start off with the F22a6 motor.

Originally posted by chessboxer
                i think that if hes doing things like changing the im and cam and exhaust and all that then it doesnt matter which platform he started with.
                Originally posted by That1guyN8
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                that, and he already had those engines. so why not work with what he has?

Comment

Nice everything is lookin good.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Cant wait to see numbers on this. looks like its coming to-gether nicely.
                    spin city

Comment

Looks good, 'Cisco.
                      The cam should be there any minute now. All of my 1st batch "no-slip" cam gears for the F22 have been spoken for...my new batch is almost done, and yours will be on its way soon:

Take care!
                      'Bisimoto D15/D16/F18/F22
                      World's Fastest and Quickest TRUE unibody all motor FWD
                      World's Fastest All Motor SOHC Honda
                      1988 CRX Unibody, D16 full street: 12.68 @ 107mph
                      1988 CRX Unibody, D15 full race: 10.77 @ 123mph
                      1988 CRX Unibody, F22A full race: 9.81 @ 139mph
                      2006 Insight Unibody, F22A: 9.26 @ 152mph
                      NEW!:www.bisimoto.com: parts, dyno tuning, apparel, technology!
                      Bisimoto's Facebook page
                      478 HP naturally aspirated F22A!!!

Comment

You're gettin close man, I can't wait to see what this thing will do after seeing the capability of the red one on the highway with the F22 granny gears...and to think, it has about 100whp less than what you're aiming for with this one and the gearing will be a lot better.

Hadn't heard from you in awhile so I figured I'd bump up your thread.

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                          whats the weight on the ROTA rims. they look nice and i might buy a set for my next cb.
                          13.5 lbs each and the don't sell the color combo I have off the shelf, just FYI for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo92EX
                            yo great work you've done so far wut are your number lookin like? you think u can hang witha h22? with a 12:1 C/R i think u can lol and all the other good shit u got going on props for being diffrent and going all motor with the F- Series
                            H22 swaps will be nothing, I'm hoping for 200-250whp range.

I was thinking of how an H22 makes 1.32 WHP/cubic inch and how this project if it reaches 250 WHP, would make 1.86 WHP/cubic inch. That's pretty nifty.
                            Last edited by HondaFan81; 12-02-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo92EX
                              how much money would u say u spent on the motor build?
                              He won't say.

Glad to see you FINALLY received your plenum.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
                              91 accord lx (5spd)
                              92 accord lx (5spd)
                              93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                how much do those rods weigh?
                                I believe in the range of 340-345g each.

Comment

Working...
                                X