Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Full Street White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very very nice.

I <3 camshaft clearancing.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Check the first page again in the "engine build progress" >> DIY preparation section.

I finished doing what I call phase 1 and phase 2 involves having my headwork guy (CHR Motorsports - Jeff) do the vertical milling of the lower oil galley minimal clearance area. It barely clears it, too close for comfort. Enjoy the progress photos.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Very thorough...and the pics are appreciated.

You have come quite a long way my friend.

Just thought I 'd show some support.

I, just like everybody else... can't wait to see the results...
        RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Looking good. I hadnt seen pics of the cam clearance customization.. looks pretty sweet. Keep on trucking, your almost done!

Comment

Blockwork photos posted in the "engine build progress" section on first page, enjoy!

Comment

Posted this in the "Accord Technical Information" sticky under the "technical" sub-forum.

For anyone ordering OEM engine bearings from Majestic Honda, this is useful!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=2861
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-11-2007, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                That's awesome dude! Although, I dont know if I'm going with OEM or not tho(still debating).

anyways, I wish I lived closer to you. I'd practically live in your garage if your parents let me.

LOL!
                If you lived in my garage, I'd be putting you to work biyatch!!! It would really be a CB7Tuner Garage then!! Aaaaah, the dreams we have...

Comment

Well, today after work is the day the block main bores and rod large bores get measured by the Zeiss machine at my work. April 15th, I plan to order the OEM Honda engine rebuild parts and should be ready for engine assembly soon after. It's looking great guys for my deadline of end June/start of July to have it dyno tuned and on the road.

After speaking with some of you, I've made my final decision on the engine break-in process/dyno tuning that I will encounter with a unique aggressive all-motor F22ax build. My dilemma was, my red Accord project was the first F22ax motor that my dyno shop tuned, so it is their basemap now. Well, my red Accord project does not compare to my white Accord project (2 extremes) and I was wondering, how was I going to break-in a NEWLY built motor that also needs major dyno tuning at the same time without damaging anything?!?!

Well, basically I'm going to assemble the motor, drop it into the car after some engine bay preparation work. I'll have the engine well lubed with Torco engine assembly lube, plus removed ECU fuse and crank motor over to build up oil pressure (monitoring my installed oil psi gauge). I will NOT start the motor at my house/garage, just lubricate it well. Then, I will have it towed 35-40 miles to my dyno shop or trailer it myself if I can borrow one. I will have the engine started & intial tune completed at the dyno shop, checking for leaks while having the motor tuned to idle decent/okay, then after idle is set and it's fully warmed up, start the engine break-in process, then get into the initial dyno tuning. I willr ev it no more than 4000 rpm on this initial tune as my tuner requested, doing WOT runs to 4000 rpm max, then letting the engine coast to load up the piston rings.

Finally, after the motor is fully broke in, I will drive back to the dyno for the final tune. Arias says the rings on this setup should seat within 200 miles, if not then you have sealing problems.

That's the plan folks! I can't wait!!
                  Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-21-2008, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Well, I got my measurements yesterday after work. Now I'm sorting out how I will attack trying to achieve a certain bearing clearance. My roadblock now is that Honda rates their bearing sizes, strictly by color and not measurement. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order a few of these colors and make a measurement chart, then order my full set of bearings afterwards. This is my plan as of now.

Owequitit (Scott) and I were discussing last night possibilities, I guess I'll see what I can do now. I just don't like the idea of throwing in a "standard" set of bearings into a motor just because Honda tolerances are crazy accurate. Just because it may work for stock, does not mean it will work for a motor I plan to rev to 9000 rpm and is about 3.2 points higher in compression. I'm sure the motor would have no problems with standard bearings, occassionally getting up there close or to 9000 rpms, but if I were to do it consistently (i.e. road course racing and the like) I would have issues I feel and possibly end up seizing something.

Comment

Thats good to hear. So far everything sounds like it is flowing nicely.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Very NICE!!

/borat voice

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Screw it just convert to E85 lol. Damn 12.4:1 thats crazy.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

cant wait to see this up and running

To see my car click here

Bordeaux Red Crew #8

Comment

Took photos of both OEM package contents, photos on first page under the "other engine build parts" section.

This engine is going to be completely resealed, restored and performance built! I am not even exaggerating, all seals are getting replaced, etc.

I still have to get all new OEM heater-related hoses, etc at a later point when I now what is exactly needed. Coolant system wise, I have new OEM radiator hoses, Koyo radiator, OEM thermostat, water pump, etc. A/C will be removed, so those will not be replaced and vacuum hoses are minimal with this performance setup which I'll just cut to length as needed.
                              Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM.

Comment

getting closer

-sean
                                Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                                Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Working...
                                X