Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

best header choice for performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best header choice for performance

im lookin for a nice set of headers so i looked at the dc sports 4-2-1, 2 piese but ive came to the conclution that from reading the reviews it looks like im just paying for the looks and the name....i dont care wat it looks like all i care about is getting as much performance as posible....im looking for some advise on which headers will give the largest noticable power gains.

Old Ride-New Ride

what motor are you running? F, H, Hybrid ?? if you want optimal gains from a header, an equal-length header from SMSP, Hytech, Rage(www.kteller.com) will be your best options(if you have the H22). these headers are dyno proven to add anywhere from 8-18whp and price ranges from $600-up if you plan on going this route. if you still have the F22ax motor, finding a equal-length header for the F-series motor isn't as easy; not sure if they are available.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

custom man, its the only way to go if u have the F, cuz there is no header that will give u what those smsp headers will.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

here's a F-series custom-made equal length header for the F22ax motor that is currently for sale:

http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page9.html

*originally posted on a previous thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=29213
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
          here's a F-series custom-made equal length header for the F22ax motor that is currently for sale:

http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page9.html

*originally posted on a previous thread:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=29213
          hahaha Francis, I was gonna say!
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

i have the 93 ex wit the stock 2.2l i dont know if thats an h or an f series

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
              i have the 93 ex wit the stock 2.2l i dont know if thats an h or an f series
              You have the F22a6, and the block code can be found to the left of the exhaust manifold and under the upper rad. hose.

Comment

u should make sure that its a f22a6 cuz, mine says its an ex, but i have the f22a1. so, some things to look for is 2 tailpipes, and a sunroof. if u dont have those, then u most likely have the f22a1,which is from the lx models.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

i have a sun roof but a single exhaust....but i have a wagon, all wagons have single exhaust

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                    i have a sun roof but a single exhaust....but i have a wagon, all wagons have single exhaust
                    You are not paying for the name, you are buying a quailty header that has undergone extensive R&D for the proper runner design, select materials, positive sealing, strength, and ease of installation...

They will net you around 6-7 HP which is great for a $300 header, and also help when you add an exhaust system.

I had an expensive Ractive header on my head before, as you can see from my car pics, and it was crap, but looked nice.

The minute I ran the car down the street with the DC header, I noticed a gain in bottom end power...

Save yourself the trouble with adding and replacing parts and buy the best the first time around...

Also, you will notice that a lot of us have Apexi World Sport exhaust systems... it is one of the best systems you can buy for the money, and gives you a low, agressive tone... none of that ricer bullshit.

I suggest a Mr. Gasket copper manifold gasket for the header as well.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=29393

and everyone skipped the write up i did for beating a DC or MEGAN racing header (well numbers at least)... i easily beat it, i will post a dyno sheet after i find the other one on here of the dyno sheet similar to my mods. but has a DC header and when i post mine u will see how much H.P. i beat him by with a "stock" modified header.....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

well yea i realize its gona be better than an ebay knock off but im lookin for some hp..im trying to get the most out of every bolt i get
                        Originally posted by Digital Bullet
                        You are not paying for the name, you are buying a quailty header that has undergone extensive R&D for the proper runner design, select materials, positive sealing, strength, and ease of installation...

They will net you around 6-7 HP which is great for a $300 header, and also help when you add an exhaust system.

I had an expensive Ractive header on my head before, as you can see from my car pics, and it was crap, but looked nice.

The minute I ran the car down the street with the DC header, I noticed a gain in bottom end power...

Save yourself the trouble with adding and replacing parts and buy the best the first time around...

Also, you will notice that a lot of us have Apexi World Sport exhaust systems... it is one of the best systems you can buy for the money, and gives you a low, agressive tone... none of that ricer bullshit.

I suggest a Mr. Gasket copper manifold gasket for the header as well.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

so i guess wat its comes down too is...does anyone know where to get a powerfull set of equal length headers for an f22a6

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

well, i have f22a6 on the block but i have no duals, but i got the sunroof. 50% ain't bad. LOL
                            If you're gonna go, go with a smile!
                            Current vehicles: 2006 Pacifica Touring Inferno Red (the Wife's) - 30k
                            1993 Accord EX - optima 'red top' battery, magnaflow exhaust, tinted windows - My $500 ride w/ 217k miles
                            2004 Suzuki GSXR750 - Racetech sus f/r. Dunlop Qualifiers. clear Puig DB screen. my drug - 7500 miles

Comment

ur first owner of the car probly replaced the rear section exhaust, it happens a lot like that

Comment

Working...
                              X