Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

vtec head swap on f22a6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtec head swap on f22a6?

this kid has a vtec head and i was going to buy it. he told me i would have to drill a oil line through the block.
    I was just wondering is this true, and if it is, is it worth the $200 bucks for the complete head?

what VTEC head
    -Mark-
    CB7
    CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
    Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

yeah what head?If its h22 i'd be al over that shit...Fuck sohc weaktec

ILBB
      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
        yeah what head?If its h22 i'd be al over that shit...Fuck sohc weaktec

ILBB
        damn dude harsh words^^^^thats the engine i roll
        CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

haha me too... save the SOHC!

Comment

I have a sohc vtec head laying around. Shipping would be a ***** though.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

shipping is only around 50 bux if u go thru fedex. i had an h23 head, intake mani, header, and a turbo mani all shipped for $54 from cali. thru fed ex, in 4 days. not bad ey?

anyways, what vtec head is it? if its just a plain f22b vtec head, i wouldnt get it, but if its an h22 head, fuck, jump on that shit foo, ull have mad crazy power after u swap it in.lol

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

its f22b soch vtec, but if i can find a h22 head will i have to drill an oil return line through the block. if i have to drill a oil line through the block should i just find the entire motor.

Comment

how bout u search. its been done before. srry if i sound like a dick, dont mean to.

Comment

u have to block oil returns in the head not drill the block

Comment

Shit i didnt mean for nobody to get offended, but damn the f22b1 has 145hp, and my f22a6 has 140.i am in the process of puting a n f22b dohc in though.I just dont think vtec is worth it unless you go dohc vtec.

ILBB
                      People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
                      The world needs to be reset.

Comment

yeah, its not worth swapping on a head for 5 more hp, cuz its still gona cost u some money to get all new gaskets and some other shit, and imo, its just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilikebigbutts
                          Shit i didnt mean for nobody to get offended, but damn the f22b1 has 145hp, and my f22a6 has 140.i am in the process of puting a n f22b dohc in though.I just dont think vtec is worth it unless you go dohc vtec.

ILBB
                          SOHC, DOHC, SOHC VTEC, DOHC VTEC, all engines have "potential" just remember that!! just a lil love and a ish load of money can get u pretty far!
                          -Sean
                          F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
                          Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

thanks i'll go find a h22 head and swap that than the f22b head.

Comment

Originally posted by SMseagren83
                              SOHC, DOHC, SOHC VTEC, DOHC VTEC, all engines have "potential" just remember that!! just a lil love and a ish load of money can get u pretty far!
                              -Sean

tru^^, but some more than others with less money.lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X