Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Throttle Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle Bodies

Ok im new to the whole car mod seen. but im researching and learning quickly. right now all i have on my car is a cheap 31 dollar ebay intake. i plan on getting megan headers and their cat back system. with that in mind im looking to buy a throttle body> http://www.f22parts.com/item_T-body.htm or http://www.f22parts.com/item_T-body_B.htm <and a spacer to go with it all http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merch...Code=SPE-91001 Is this a good direction to go for modding my car? are there any signifigant gains out of the throttle body and spacer and are they an easy install? i'm mechanically inclined somewhat. i've changed my hub bearings brake rotors and pads and cv axles and installed my intake. i know thats nothing big but to me its a start. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by VBaccord24; 09-17-2005, 12:06 PM.

If you want a big throttle body, check out www.maxbore.com . He'll take your stock TB and bore it out for way less than the cost of a new one. I plan to get mine done soon
    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by InvaderTrax
      If you want a big throttle body, check out www.maxbore.com . He'll take your stock TB and bore it out for way less than the cost of a new one. I plan to get mine done soon
      i can personally vouch for his work; i had my TB bored out by him

but like fizz stated, a bored out TB isn't really necessary until some type of agressive mods such as cams, p&p head, etc.. are done along or prior to it.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
        but like fizz stated, a bored out TB isn't really necessary until some type of agressive mods such as cams, p&p head, etc.. are done along or prior to it.
        eh... that's true and not...

even a 2mm bore on the 58mm F22Ax TB's will give noticaeable, felt gains and smooth out the entire rpm range alot...but without at least I/H/E you really wouldn't have a bottleneck yet with a stock intake...

by the time you get into headork and cams even a bored H22/H23 TB might not reach the sweet spot of volume and velocity.

Anyways tho...

I had I/H/E on my F22A1 both before and after camming it and it did make quite a bit of difference...
        SM4 CB3 ACCORD 2.0Si______________________________________________

Comment

^Good info. That 2mm over T/B can be had by just putting on the full H23 IM or just the H23 plenum on the F22a6 lower.

About the T/B spacer; From what I've heard and learned the spacer works very well on V8's and similar, but on I4's, there isn't much of a gain. I think in order to have a decent gain in power, the spacer would have to be alot longer.

Maxbore would prob. be your best bet over the f22parts ones. The billet one looks very nice, but it's def. extreme. Good luck w/ your plans

Comment

Thanks guys, umm does anyone know of a cheap place like maxbore to get a performance camshaft and have my head p&p thats reliable?

Comment

www.deltacam.com >> camshaft regrind

cylinder headwork, throttle-body, intake manifold work (price depends on how far you want to go):

www.dh-racing.com

www.chrracingproducts.com

www.f22parts.com

www.maxbore.com

Click on the two SOHC project links I have in my signature and you can browse through the pics. I have various intake system work you can see for yourself. (i.e. ported H23 intake manifolds, H23 TB, F22ax headwork, Delta 272 cam regrind, custom billet TB, etc.)
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 09-17-2005, 10:32 PM.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

and don't forget:

www.extrudehone.com
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

maxbore rocks...cheap and easy install highly recommended

Comment

bullfrog cams? would do you guys think of em? i can get it for 80 dollar off craigslist...if i do a motor swap, im probably going all out for a TB, fuel injectors, aem fuel rail, full exhaust and shit like that.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i ran a bull frog cam in my nissan and i loved it it was better then the crower or luniti cams that i used before
                      fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

well ya because it had more lift.. but see they reduce the base circle and that makes the cam "Bad" because that means it can, might not, but can snap, and the delta style doesn`t improve lift but goes by duration and they can make more reliable cause i can run stock valvetrain also, and for my own imput, the 272 is way better than the bullfrog cam, i myself am increasing compression and using a 282 regrind and tuning, believe me, it helps...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

I have a bullfrog(Gude) cam right now in my boosted cb7. I've had it for about two years, and I have used it n/a, with nitrous, and turbo. Never had any problems through any of those time periods so I can't say anything bad about them. The idle sounds really nice with it, and it has some really good gains.

Comment

Working...
                          X