Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bottom end build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom end build.

Hey I have a '91 accord with an H22. The top end is built and now I am moving on to the bottom. I found some pistons made my Mahle? They bump the compression up to 11.5:1 And I would get the Eagle extreme rods to go with them. So I guess I just have a few questions. I don't know a lot about cars, but I know just enough to get me introuble. Is that compression ok? If not, what would a good one be? I want to be quick, but I want to still be reliable, and safe. Next, I heard sleeving the H22 is a pain? Lol, is it? Someone I was talking to told me that I should upgrade my crankshaft to be safe, should I? I think that's it. Thank you for dealing with my questions, even though they may be stupid. I just want to be careful. Thanks guys!

well build it to your budget/goal(hp) also depends if you want nitrous or turbo or plain n/a, n/a is ok to use high compression if built right, good luck! Ps there is a sea of parts for the h22 so no worries!

WaC!

Comment

I've been told honda crankshafts are rediculous, but if you want to be sure, go for it. 11:1 needs good tuning, so be careful about that, sleeving the block isn't something to do at home, so let your shop worry about that.

Comment

Do not upgrade your crankshaft,it pointless.There are turbo guys runnin 400 plus hp on them.There is no reason for you to sleeve the block, as the pistons you are talkin about are the only ones compatible with stock sleeves.I'm pretty sure 12.5 compression is daily drivable, so i think you should be ok with 11:1.I also doubt there is alot of tuning needed since stock h22 comp. is 10.6.I hope this answers your questions and do your homework

ILBB
        People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
        The world needs to be reset.

Comment

I am planning to stay N/A, probably should have stated that. I am also planning to get Hondata or Neptun. I am just looking for some suggestions or what other people are doing. I have all skunk2 springs/retainers, skunk2 valves, skunk2 camgears, skunk2 stage 3 camshafts, skunk2 throttle body, aem fuel rail and pressure regulator, and arp headstuds. Thanks guys. Any suggestions would help!

Comment

really u should just do head work and higher compression then tune, i dont see anything wrong with the bottom end as of right now, isn`t it new?? anyways.. hey, make sure u dont rev past like 8.5k on that, cause it can do harm, like i bet with those cams u make most power around 8.2k ish anyways, others input would be nice but ya, be safe cause it wont be fast for long if u beat it, it is one clean car and now u own a sick car soo good luck and i hope everything goes well...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Shawnie, you know me and the car. You should know that the head is already built. Lol, talk to me in person!

Comment

ok.. ill see u this weekend.. but it seriously needs to be tuned, i know what ECU and chip ur using but also, fine tune and the thing with gain some power.. a pre done chip isn`t always ganna be better, but u know that.. ill see u this weekend...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Shawnee, would you like me to put my car on a dyno while it doesn't run and get it tuned? I am waiting until the wiring problem is fixed until I go buy a hondata and get it tuned. You know what ECU and chip I am running? What are you talking about? If you knew then you would know that I have a bone stock p13 ECU. I'm not running any chip! I will see you tonight!

Comment

Working...
                  X