Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

milling an H22 head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

milling an H22 head

If I mill my H22a head .010 about what would my compresion be? I know that stock I am at 10.6:1, so do you think it will hit 11:1? Just wondering... Thank you guys!

do you have a jdm h22? if so, then it would raise it to ~10.85:1. If you were to mill it .030" over, it would be ~11.34:1, so milling it .020" over would be around ~11:1.

My math might be a little bit off, but thats around the ballpark.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Yes I have a JDM H22.... Do you think that .020 would be too much though? I still want my car to be a daily driver (reliable) so I don't want to go to high. If you could get back to me that would be awsome... Thank you.

Comment

OR could I just take .010 off of the head and .010 off of the block as well? Any suggestions... Thank you again...

Comment

well, first you have to clay the engine to see how much clearance you have. but i wouldnt recommend milling and shaving the block, just do one of them.

It can still be driveable with 11:1 compression, you just might have to run a higher octane gas, but if thats all you're gona do to your engine, i dont think its worth it, i duno, just my opinion.

-Jose

Comment

Ok..... So does anybody know if it is safe to mill the H22a head .020? I really want to know! This is not the only thing I am doing to my engine... I have skunk2 stage three camshafts and skunk2 cam gears... I also have full skunk2 valve train, and MANY other mods.. Thank you guys!

Comment

clay your engine, its the only way to see if its gona be safe. cuz with those cams, your valves might hit the pistons, and thats a big no no. and with those mods, you'll want to get some engine management.

-Jose

Comment

i had my head milled .040 on my f22a a few years back and i notice a difference

Comment

Contact Cisco aka HondaFan81. I got the Engine calculator too, but I am too tired and lazy to use it right now... . I will see in a minute if i feel like giving you the exacts.

EDIT: I got the USDM Prelude engine facts...and it makes a huge diff. I am too tired to look this up.
                  Last edited by KillerCam282; 11-16-2005, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I can tell you for a fact that .030 is the most you can go on an H22 block.( I researched and done it.) Any more is too much. However .30 requires adjustable cam gears in order to advance your timing 2 degrees (I beleive its that much) As I understand it .15 is the maximum you can mill with out having to readjust your cams. In fact i only went .15 myself.
                    FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

that and... if u mill to far then ya.. valve tap!!! bad news written all over.. anyways, u should be fine with .020 just dont go crazy... but ya, anything under 11.5:1 u should be alright with pump gas... hell, brian was running 12.2:1 in the integra and had very little pinging (from Tokyo Speed Pros) anyways u should be ok on pump still....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

.010" mill about 11.0

.015" mill about 11.1

.020" mill about 11.3

.025" mill about 11.4

.030" mill about 11.6
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

how'd you figure that out? I used this:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=438456

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                            how'd you figure that out? I used this:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=438456
                            Made my own engine calculator that I trust because I came up with the formulas. I've tested it out against others and using real-world #'s, etc it's all good

Ask around, some people on this board have used it or been exposed to it. Hit me on AIM if you're interested (Accord EX SE), I have it on Excel.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

^^^See what I was talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X