Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Having some success with mild F22a6 build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having some success with mild F22a6 build.

This is thehatchninja.....exratedaccord logged on at my computer and now i can't get him to log off. (It's his car anyways)

So far he's got

I/H/E (stock cat)
    delta 272/aem cam gear (at zero)

With these mods it was pretty quick, he was able to beat a 98ish prelude with an intake by 1 car length from a 30 roll (twice). However, yesterday we finally recieved and installed a chipped ECU from MidniteRacerX, so naturally I wanted to drive it. As we were leaving the coffee shop where we were chilling I asked him to switch cars. (My car is a 92 civic CX with a GSR motor) We were messing around the whole way back home, and his car was feeling pretty strong. When we finally got to a long straight, empty stretch of road I dropped it into third and passed him. He downshifted into 4th, which was enough to get him into VTEC, but I had already pulled on him pretty hard and he couldn't catch me.

Needless to say, I was freakin' impressed. Our previous races were just a joke.

The ECU was a good improvement and compliments the 272 cam extremely well. But, there's definitly some more power to be had out of the motor. With higher compression, some real tuning, and a close ratio tranny this thing will be pretty darn quick.

Thehatchninja
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

any chance of dyno #s or numbers of any sort, 1/4?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

tight, keep us posted
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

happy everything is working out, I'm sure i can improve it a bit if i can ever get my hands on the car. And sorry about the idle
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
          happy everything is working out, I'm sure i can improve it a bit if i can ever get my hands on the car. And sorry about the idle
          Antoine, my setup on the red Accord should be similar, can't wait to dial that in. I want to get the street tune done before the NC spring meet and if I can dyno tune it before as well, I will.

Comment

if u want we could always tune it during the meet...it truely won't take long with my new setup.
            Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

Originally posted by midnite racer x
              if u want we could always tune it during the meet...it truely won't take long with my new setup.
              Well, I'll get the P06 ECU from you, street tune it as best as I can and drive it down.

Should I dyno tune it BEFORE driving it down as well? Would that make easier/better for you to tune it while I'm down at the NC meet?

Let me know and thanks for the offer Antoine.

Comment

Nice!!! We have potential guys...people are tuning little SOHC 1.5s, I don't see why more people aren't going N/A with our motors...there's so much potential. So it pulled on a GSR CX??? NICE!!! Can't wait to see some #'s.

Cisco, any dyno encounters in the near future???

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

hhhhhhhmmmmmmm so when's the nc spring meet don't mean 2 get off topic but i'm from nc and don't wanna miss a meet where i can get my car tuned at

H23vtec
                  Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

Originally posted by ssaccord92
                    hhhhhhhmmmmmmm so when's the nc spring meet don't mean 2 get off topic but i'm from nc and don't wanna miss a meet where i can get my car tuned at
                    Here you are sir http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=33032

Nice setup, I'm heading in a very similar direction! Sounds like you've got a nice strong a6. What is the mileage btw? Any compression #'s too? Keep us posted!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by exratedaccord93
                      This is thehatchninja.....exratedaccord logged on at my computer and now i can't get him to log off. (It's his car anyways)

So far he's got

I/H/E (stock cat)
                      delta 272/aem cam gear (at zero)

With these mods it was pretty quick, he was able to beat a 98ish prelude with an intake by 1 car length from a 30 roll (twice). However, yesterday we finally recieved and installed a chipped ECU from MidniteRacerX, so naturally I wanted to drive it. As we were leaving the coffee shop where we were chilling I asked him to switch cars. (My car is a 92 civic CX with a GSR motor) We were messing around the whole way back home, and his car was feeling pretty strong. When we finally got to a long straight, empty stretch of road I dropped it into third and passed him. He downshifted into 4th, which was enough to get him into VTEC, but I had already pulled on him pretty hard and he couldn't catch me.

Needless to say, I was freakin' impressed. Our previous races were just a joke.

The ECU was a good improvement and compliments the 272 cam extremely well. But, there's definitly some more power to be had out of the motor. With higher compression, some real tuning, and a close ratio tranny this thing will be pretty darn quick.

Thehatchninja
                      I just noted that a 97+ Prelude like you stated are ALL VTEC so that's pretty sweet.

Comment

just to clarify.....he pulled on the prelude (yes H22) in a legit race. The accord did not pull on my car (GSR civic). What happened was that he was on the phone (driving my civic) I was in his car(the accord), and I passed him ringing out 3rd gear for all it's worth. After I passed him he downshifted and tried to catch me, but could not. In a real race it would be a rape and a half.

It's just much quicker than it was before, makes me want to get a CB7 for a daily driver and road race my car. Like I said before....tuning, compression, and better gearing would make this into a very quick car. Unfortunately Keith moved back to VA today. So Toine won't be able to tune it, and I won't be able to talk keith into more mods.
                        H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                          I just noted that a 97+ Prelude like you stated are ALL VTEC so that's pretty sweet.

they're also sleds. The 92-96 preludes are always faster in my experience.
                          H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Yea the 5th gen Preludes are heavy as hell...a solid 100-200# over us. I don't think that matters on the highway though.

And yes, compression, cams, and mild tuning will turn the F into a beast. LMAOOO @ anybody who builds a D15/D16...gotta be kidding me, our engines PWN!! No joke, I think 200whp all motor is doable, although maybe not streetable. But yea our engines are easy to get power from. It's just a matter of doing the right things.

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
                              they're also sleds. The 92-96 preludes are always faster in my experience.
                              Yea, knew that, had a good friend with a 97 SH Lude. Still H22 power.

Comment

Working...
                              X