Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DIY H23 ITB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY H23 ITB's

got my ITB's today, gonna start fabbing up my setup after th h23 head swap.
    i got Suzuki GSXR 1000 throttle bodies, they taper to 42mm which are a bit on the small side so i will need to alter the length of he whole setup. i also need to space out the throttle bodies so that every runner gets equal length. probably have to make it really short to compensate for the diamtere of the throttle bodies.

i dont think vacuum is the problem because it already has the 4->1 for the map sensor, and an extra acuum nipple for whatver.
    the fuel injector holes will be filled and one or more will be filled in with a nipple/brake booster nipple to support those features.

fuel rail mounting will be somewhat tricky but i think i can fab something or design.

i already took out the secondary butterfly plates, i just need to take out the bar going across.

the TPS, i dont think...will be that hard to setup.

umm, not sure what else to say so here's some pics

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

o wow go wes. definatly 2camcrew worthy when its done. ha
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Snorkel haha

That's the best word ever

Comment

Im not crazy but im going for ITB's and Turbo it will be done if it takes me 10 yrs i will have it done on my h22a =D Home made Itb's handle boost? o.0 and when u make urs can u make on for meh and what would be the price

~Cole~

Comment

nice man! good luck with Fab and set up... ..
          someday i'll have a ITB set up, someday ...
          93 Accord- SOLD
          94 Civic- F22a1 Swap, current DD

Comment

wow, my hats off to you, you got more guts then me, keep us updated!
            -RIP Eric Hall. Miss you brother-
            newskoolhippy (10:53:37 PM): i want to see a pic of you with a hard-on to prove thats your cock
            newskoolhippy (10:53:56 PM): i need to see your face in the pic
            newskoolhippy (10:54:07 PM): with todays paper in the picture to prove your taking it now

Comment

its a shame i wont be making anywhere near a stock h22

oh wellz, just bragging rights
              I <3 G60.

Comment

stock airhorns, yay
                I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by tw0six
                  its been done before, just not in an accord.

anyways, yea, it sucks that you wont be making as much as an h22. im sure you can with some extensive head work and tuning. I mean, im sure you can get close to the usdm h22. i duno if you've mentioned, but what exhaust size are you going with?
                  im not sure, but it'd be suggested i get a nice header.
                  if i have the money, ill see i someone can fab one up for me cause those SMS, hytech ones cost like 600

but right now it is the least of my worries.

and defintely going delta regrind and stage 2 valvetrain...that isnt till way later though (liek a year)
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    it has been done on an Accord before...

a 5th Gen with an F20B...

could you explain the reasoning behind this please...???
                    shorter runners are to allow air to go in faster...but since the diamter is a bit small, i have to make it shorter than normal.

kinda like a full catback system vs. an exhaust cutout

i hope i cant nail the exact length to acheieve both torque and optimal hp. im not very worried about the diameter of the throttle bodies because im not reving higher than 7k...not with a stock f22 bottom end at least.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                      okay... sound reasoning... I really just wanted to hear YOUR reasoning behind that statement...

Although I'd be more worried about where you want your tq peak to be in the rev range as far as the runner length is concerned... tune for the 3 or 4th harmonic to find that sweet spot... the actual diameter is going to have minimal impact on runner length in my opinion...

I've already got 2 sets mocked up but have yet to install them on a running motor... We'll see who gets theirs operating first...

CBR vs Gixxer...
                      sorry for the ignorance but what int he world is 3rd or 4th harmonic?
                      g/l on your setupmeng
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

took off the TPS today, it was a star shaped bolt so i had to go visit autozone to buy those star tools.
                        then i forgot to buy extra vacuum tubing,
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Whoa, pimp project Wes keep us updated.

Oh yeah, MAN that head is CLLLEAN!
                          CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

good luck with the set-up. a 4dr accord with ITB - not something you see everyday - or ever
                            The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
                            Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
                            Check out my JDM F22B swap
                            Watch my CB7 video

Comment

when you finish youd better make a recording of it, I wana hear the H23 with ITB's so bad!
                              Hi, I'm Shippo and I have a problem. I keep buying CB7's.

Comment

Working...
                              X