Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Racing this summer - Racing mods For F20a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racing this summer - Racing mods For F20a

This summer im going to bremerton to race at the tracks and see how well i can do. I made a bet with my dad 100 bucks i can beat his stock 89 Iroc-z Camaro. The bet was 100 dollars i would win. He says hes got a few tricks up his sleeve so im trying to find some for my car. I dont have very much money and i wont be able to put in a H22 to race him. What mods can i do to get my horse power up. I was going to get a new skunk2 intake manifold but i cant find one for my F series. Does anyone know the best place that i can purchase parts for my car?? Anything would be great. And if you guys could tell me what parts i could use would be nice to. Thanks for the help.

My New Ride
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=82630

With the amount of money you have,nitrous.

/thread.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

weight reduction is the first, free step.

Comment

For weight reduction I was going to take out all my seats, my sub, and probably some of the carpet. Ive been racing cars that are stock and all stripped and ive been beating them with no problem so with weight reduction it will be that much better. Would it be a good idea to take out the a/c or should i just leave it?

My New Ride

Comment

Start with thebasic stuff like intake,exhaust,headers, then the h23 intake manifold,wet nitrous,chipped ecu helps a lot too lol.
          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

read the nitrours thread and put a 75 shot in that bitch.

ILBB
            People I have dealt with in this board- Smseagren83,d112crzy, Idrivealude, aznpnoyracer, wed3k, dinertime, HF22T, MRX, Dc2lewd, yeamans17, bruno8747, tn_accords, king james, starchland, yardiexd40

Mk3 Supra Member #2

Originally posted by DarkShadow707
            The world needs to be reset.

Comment

are you talking straight line racing or there is some turning involved?! you can beat him with driving skill if not at the drag strip. weight reduction and nitrous is your friend for drag!
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

learn the limits of the car...ftw

tires...very important for the track. need to learn when they are about to break loose and the such.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool
                  are you talking straight line racing or there is some turning involved?! you can beat him with driving skill if not at the drag strip. weight reduction and nitrous is your friend for drag!
                  X2
                  if it's autoX work on handling and acceleration.
                  if strip work on power and acceleration.

Comment

I believe you have the F20a DOHC, which uses the F22a6 IM, you could do the H series plenum w/ some port work and a bored t/b. I would def. remove all of the a/c, that will help. Along w/ what others said, advancing the timing @ the dizzy and running a higher octane would help too. Also running the radiator fan to constant power would keep the motor running cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                      I believe you have the F20a DOHC, which uses the F22a6 IM, you could do the H series plenum w/ some port work and a bored t/b. I would def. remove all of the a/c, that will help. Along w/ what others said, advancing the timing @ the dizzy and running a higher octane would help too. Also running the radiator fan to constant power would keep the motor running cooler.
                      Motor doesn't need to run cooler, it's more than enough stock. I think that fan mod would cause for more problems daily driving.

Lighten your car up with what you care to remove permanently and temporarily (I wouldn't get too drastic), then if you don't have basic I/H/E mods already, do that. I totally agree that your best bet would be to add nitrous on top of this 50-75 shot.
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Sorry i didnt mention its drag. I already have the basics intake, exhaust, and for headers i already have 4 -1 Kamakazi's. Im going to take out the seat and everything else ive already said. the nitrious is a new thing. What engine mods do i need to do so that i can have the nitrous working well without it blowing my engine. the head is alread ported and polished. Thats why i really dont know what else to do. I wanted to turbo but that would be to expensive. Were could i purchase the nitrous and what parts would be nice. Thanks for all the responds. Having 16s would make it lighter compared to having 17s right? anyone know where i could get a full set or what i should get?

My New Ride

Comment

I think if you get a tune using something like a Hondata ECU...u should get some good results...

im also planning on doing some work on my F20 DOHC pretty soon....increase the redline, lighter internal, port/polish, balanced rotating mass, and of course the Hondata treatment.

if you want some quick power and don't mind the discomfort...you can remove your power steering, AC, cruise control, all that stuff...oh and empty your windshield washer fluid reservoir

to add to front traction...i've heard the traction bars help a lot.

have fun
                          DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by Haccord21
                            Having 16s would make it lighter compared to having 17s right? anyone know where i could get a full set or what i should get?
                            That would depend on the material the wheels are made of. Some 17's are made with lighter material then some 16's. Later

Comment

I already have my a/c taken out and cruise control. Today i took out the power steering. Where can i purchase the traction bars? I dont think i have them i needa check if the guy before me bought them or not.

My New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X