Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Wet or Dry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet or Dry?

*Im not too sure what I want right now...I know wet systems are presomed better than dry systems...Anyhow if I were to install a wet system, were is the best or most convieniant place for the fuel feed line?

*The reason I kind of want to steer clear of a wet system is the uneven wear it puts on the motor because the fuel and nitrous tends to iglect cylinder 2 and 1 a bit.

-So a dry would seem to run a bit better, the only problem I want to run a 100 shot and therefor I would need the extra fuel that the wet system puts out. So how does one go about installing a dry kit and tuning the ECU to increase fuel only when the nitrous is in operation?

-For a dry system is spraying the nitrous through the air filter like those from ZEX better than drilling the hole in the intake?

Im running an F22a6,cold air,DC sports header.

I have stock exhaust but will have a full cat-back when I get nos.

thanks for all and any help...

No one?

Comment

well in order to get the fuel you want you will have to upgrade your fuel pump and run a chipped ecu to have a smoother running car. as far as the nos side of things go I am not much for fi so I will leave that up to the more exp. memebers.
      F22b + MP1A = mad fun for me now. . .

MY RIDE
      My swap parts list and pricing

vouches:
      Bought from: Smeagren83(quite a few times now LOL), 97lude, AZaccord, M3torz2nR, g7kobayashi, sickoffthe206 and Kurobei, Jarhead, prNonVtec4u, caserX

Sold to: Snailin91, Smeagren83, cb7dazz, Drummersteve7, Slick

Comment

wet or dry, u will still have the same issue with the neglected 2 cylinders at the end (1 and 2) if u run it through the intake. The only way to properly distribute it is to get the kit that drills through each runner of the intake manifold. The wet kit is safer due to the fact that it has fuel compensation for the nitrous but u will feel a bigger kick with the dry kit. the only way right way to tune the nitrous would be on the dyno because i can tell u from experience that a street tune on nitrous is scary due to A LOT of misfiring when u first start tuning due to lack of fuel or excessive fuel. You'll need a tuning setup to where u can switch between 2 different maps for daily driving or when you will be runnin the bottle. Or u can just switch chips between racing and daily driving which would be a major pain. Just a tip.....Dont spray till 3k rpms lol. I blew up and intake+filter that way lol. Ive got a pic somewhere.

heres the reason why my fun ended after 9 months on a 110 shot with a NX wet kit:

Last edited by chrischhorn; 05-05-2008, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Either way you go, nitrous filter or tapping a hole, the nitrous is going to be uneven in cylinders 1 and 2... Now I've run nitrous for over a year straight spraying 50-100 shot and my motor is still good. The only way to be "safe" is go direct port.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
            Either way you go, nitrous filter or tapping a hole, the nitrous is going to be uneven in cylinders 1 and 2... Now I've run nitrous for over a year straight spraying 50-100 shot and my motor is still good. The only way to be "safe" is go direct port.
            dang david..long time. i was actually thinking about you and the nitrous'd lude earlier today when i was thinkin about putting some spray on my 240. lol

Comment

Working...
            X