Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

drect port h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drect port h22

alright my h22 is finally done being built. i'm going to run direct port nitrous. the problem the machine shop sees is a lack of space on thr intake manifold for porting. anyone done it yet and know where the best place is to tap the holes?
    THE RETURN IS COMIN SOON..
    www.realisticdreamz.net

Re: drect port h22

Originally posted by bluepearldreamz
    alright my h22 is finally done being built. i'm going to run direct port nitrous. the problem the machine shop sees is a lack of space on thr intake manifold for porting. anyone done it yet and know where the best place is to tap the holes?
    Ditch the EGR system and run the nitrous injectors into the old ports. Thats what I would do.

Comment

i dont know about that, i don't feel to good about loosing the egr system
      www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

i dont know about that, i don't feel to good about loosing the egr system
        You said you were building your engine right? For boost? If you are, ditching the EGR would be a good thing. Less heat. You can get/make a block off plate for the EGR valve, so the sensor will still think its dumping the gas back into the intake manifold.

Comment

i'll run it by my machine shop and see what he thinks
          www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

If you have the stock H22 Manifold with dual runners, then just tap into the plate for the butterfly valves. Do it on the primary runners.

Comment

i do have a stock manifold but i don't think that will work. the nitrous valves have to be tapped and sit so far into the manifold. they might interfere with the butterfly valves. tha plate is also kind of thin in width and the vales may be to big to be tapped there. my machine shop is thinking of putting them on the rear underside of the manifold ib the area where the 2 runners converge into 1. any one know about that?
              www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

The butterflys are on the secondary runners, so the nozzel shouldn't interfere. I tapped into that same plate for a customer's car. I'll see if I have some pics for you.

Comment

First of all if you've built your engine you shouldn't be running the garbage OE manifold. There is plenty of room for the foggers on the top of the manifold but if you really require allot of realestate then drill/tap the under side of the manifold. There's plenty of room there. It'll just make changing Jets a bitch but atleast it'll be hidden and out of the way.
                  My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

ok nice i didn't remember which set of valves were the main runners. that is good to know. and i'd rather run a stock manifold because most aftermarket ones aren't dual runner and you'll loose alot of bottom end. it's still a street driven car. thanks for the advice. pics would be great.
                    www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

ok nice i didn't remember which set of valves were the main runners. that is good to know. and i'd rather run a stock manifold because most aftermarket ones aren't dual runner and you'll loose alot of bottom end. it's still a street driven car. thanks for the advice. pics would be great.
                      the dual intake runner is for TOP end not bottom end. Switching to a single runner manifold will not lose you any bottom, you just may not make as much more bottom end as you would HP depending on your manifold.

You need to do more research because that statement is an uninformed one. Look into the Euro-R manifold.

Comment

that's why i'm posting questions so i can clear everything up before i go through with everything. i've looked into the euro r manifold but haven't had any luck finding one yet.
                        www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

Yeah they can be hard to come by now a days. They where all over the place going cheap as nuts when the Skunk2 mani came out but as soon as the masses relalized the deal with the Skunk2 the Euro-R's demand has sky rocketed and taken the price with it.

Just be patient, There are deals out there. I know of someone that bought a brand new Euro-R off eBay for 130 shipped so the deals are out there.

Comment

i'll keep my eyes open for one. i found one for 250 which isn't too bad.do you know if there is any huge differences in the hook up of it, if there are any problems putting it on a us-spec h22,
                            www.realisticdreamz.net

Comment

Working...
                            X