Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

turbo + nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo + nitrous

i have a boosted f22a6 in about a month or so i am getting new pistons, rings and clutch and possably a new cam.

what is the deal with running nitrous witha turbo setup i have a t3/t4 toe4

i was looking at getting like a 50 or 75 shot to make her a lil faster

what kind of plugs would i use i no u need colder plugs but anything else witha turbo setup.

i have also herd ppl just useing nitrous to cool down there turbo but i donno much about nitrous

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
    96 lexus sc300 DD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

no one?

96 lexus sc300 DD

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

idk about the plugs but i would say a 50hp shot and get the pressure switch from NOS that sprays the car until a desirable boost level. if you get forged pistons you dont have to worry too much about hurting them. i would still not do a very big shot with a turbo. i would say you might have to get colder plugs but dont quote me on that part.
      OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

kk thats what i was thinking of doing anyhow . helped me feel more confident about my ieads

96 lexus sc300 DD

Comment

i have been having some thoughts about doing this also..but a direct port injection system...
          OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

yes yes its all in the need for more speed it is never enough

but first come the pistons and sutch then hopfully the nitrous kit will be my xmass gift to myself

96 lexus sc300 DD

Comment

there ya go!! What brand are you going to buy??
              OHIO CB7's

My Ride

Build Thread

Comment

ummm i was thinking zex or nos more then likely nos

96 lexus sc300 DD

Comment

I had a nos wet kit, very nice kit, but it was before I went turbo.

If you plan on running nitrous and boost, be very very careful. You will need colder plugs and generally, for each 50hp shot of nitrous you run, you have to retard the timing a degree or 2, depending on who you ask.

Nitrous is great for spooling a turbo off the line and for eliminating lag, but a good tune with anti-lag can help with this also..

Will you be using the nitrous to spool the turbo or on top end? I would highly recommend getting a nitrous tune in conjunction with the turbo tune, just to be safe. Nitrous and turbo can be mixed, as guys have been doing it for years, but you have to be careful in doing so, as you are going with 2 power adders that have different properties.

I would also look into water methanol injection if I were you.

Finally, a nitrous kit is relatively cheap initially, but as time goes by, filling it up for $4-$5 a lb gets expensive.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                    I had a nos wet kit, very nice kit, but it was before I went turbo.

If you plan on running nitrous and boost, be very very careful. You will need colder plugs and generally, for each 50hp shot of nitrous you run, you have to retard the timing a degree or 2, depending on who you ask.

Nitrous is great for spooling a turbo off the line and for eliminating lag, but a good tune with anti-lag can help with this also..

Will you be using the nitrous to spool the turbo or on top end? I would highly recommend getting a nitrous tune in conjunction with the turbo tune, just to be safe. Nitrous and turbo can be mixed, as guys have been doing it for years, but you have to be careful in doing so, as you are going with 2 power adders that have different properties.

I would also look into water methanol injection if I were you.

Finally, a nitrous kit is relatively cheap initially, but as time goes by, filling it up for $4-$5 a lb gets expensive.
                    All you need to refill there is windshield washer fluid.
                    Gary A.K.A. Carter
                    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Yeah, 2 bucks beats 50 bucks.

Also, I don't know what brand of turbo you are running, but if it is an ebay turbo like your WG was, I would higly suggest getting a quality turbo before going with a nitrous kit.

I know you didn't ask, but just thought I'd give you a heads up on that.

Comment

you could use nitrous off the line to spool up a big turbo. but using it in a race is risking your block.

like chessboxer said. look into water/meth injection. its cheaper than a nitrous kit, works just as good, is more safer, and the only thing you need to pour in it is windsheild washer fluid!
                        miss my turbo cb7
                        moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Yeah, we have traction issues off the line as is anyways. Unless you're getting some 24" slicks, crazy strong axles, and a traction bar, using it up top would be better anyways. And up top, water meth is a great addition, more boost, more timing, steam cleaned internals!

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                            Yeah, 2 bucks beats 50 bucks.

Also, I don't know what brand of turbo you are running, but if it is an ebay turbo like your WG was, I would higly suggest getting a quality turbo before going with a nitrous kit.

I know you didn't ask, but just thought I'd give you a heads up on that.
                            he could just get a quality rebuild kit.
                            miss my turbo cb7
                            moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Hey mike..feel like my long lectures have done ya some good..

U make me proud..haha.

"Steamed cleaned internals" sounds like something id say ha

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                              X