Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

55 dry shot or 75 wet shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55 dry shot or 75 wet shot?

If you go to the NA section, you'll see my buildup plans. I was just wondering...for kicks or whatever.

What you all recommend and WHY? I want something reliable & won't fuck up my engine going balls out.

1) 55 dry shot, like a Zex system?

2) 75 wet shot (wet or direct port system).

I know wet is more controlled than dry, and that is what makes me wonder. But dry is cheaper...however if it won't divvy up the N20 in the intake charge somewhat even, I don't want one or two cylinders getting way overstressed than the other, etc
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

i say get the dry 55-shot. why because hondata has a nitrous feature only for dry kits.
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

so you're saying with a P72 ECU S100 chipped Hondata system.....it will be able to control a dry 55 shot ?

or do I need the S100b for that

Comment

hmm im not sure about that but im sure you can send in your ecu and get it chipped if it doesnt have it already.
        92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

yea that's all in the plans...I just have to check out the Hondata site to answer my question.... "b" stands for boost which is turbo related, but I'm wondering if it covers nitrous as well....anyone know?

Comment

I can get you an Nx kit for 500 bucks shipped.......... for the single stage....if your interested...
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

i may be, but down the road....not in the works just yet...thanks

Comment

Well from what I have seen dry shots don't get the full effect because of traveling through the intake and produce less hp than they claim. A wet kit is definitely going to work better and be more accurate/reliable, but you are going to need to get a new fuel rail for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                  Well from what I have seen dry shots don't get the full effect because of traveling through the intake and produce less hp than they claim. A wet kit is definitely going to work better and be more accurate/reliable, but you are going to need to get a new fuel rail for that.
                  ur right, if I got wet....AEM fuel rail is like $125 & has 4 extra ports for nitrous

Comment

Working...
                  X