Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

*Automatic/Nitrous Diaries*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Automatic/Nitrous Diaries*

This is my diary of day to day nirous experiences and also car build. It will include parts and other reviews which I think will even give some faith back to people with auto transmission...

The car:
    1990 honda accord sedan EX (frost white)

Modifications: (2-5-09)(engine/transmission/suspension/tires/managment)
    Short ram intake elbow and spectre filter
    F22a4 engine so it has the f22a4 factory "header"
    Full fresh tune up on 160k mile f22a4 engine. Tranny is also 160k +
    BKR7-E11 plugs (.044 gap)
    Test pipe on stock exhaust
    3* of timing removed @ distributor

Hayden transmission cooler for 350ci cheverolet truck towing med. Duty. (Decent size)
    Rotal Purple performance oil & ATF (5w-30 oil)

K-sport drop springs on stock good struts- (they are a nice ride. Good bottoming resistance still even with the bump stops not cut)
    Daily- kumo ecstas 195/55/15 slicks-steelies with Mickey Thompson 205/50/15

Safc for fuel control daily and nitrous maps for fuel (dry shot)
    240cc stock injectors coupled with a pr4 tuned by me aka- Tüne.free
    15% added on 100 shots dry jet (map sensor limits seem to be at 15% on the afc settings)
    Stock pt3 ecu

As of today (2-5-09)the car has seen 2 full bottle of a 75 shot and 1 full bottle of the 100 shot

Nitrous builds heat quickly and to avoid detonation timing is removed. After speaking with bisi and confirming my beliefs of the f series taking the punches I have started using the bottle again... now on an auto.. the car has no traction in first and second. So the slicks will take care of that...

Today 2-24-09: car hasn't seen bottle much lately. Need to fill it and I'm pretty sure checker auto is fucking me on fills. I swear I'm going through the bottle way to fast lol... my problem maybe lol

I still need to post pics and take video
    Last edited by SleeperSEDAN; 02-26-2009, 04:04 AM.

Superior Tuning Solutions
    Dedspool MFG
    1995 Civic Coupe : A/M F swap
    LOCK.IT.UP

Try some NGK R5671A-7's. They're non projected spark plugs and I highly recommend them. They MIGHT cause some issues with your radio(more static than normal) because they're non resistor type. But I've never experienced enough static to really care.

Auto trans can take a beating just fine. They key is to keep the fluid cool and keep it maintained. That means do trans oil changes nearly as often as you do motor oil changes, and do FLUSHES. Means you'll have to buy like 10 quarts each time to make sure you get all the dirty fluid out.

The biggest drawback to the auto's is that you just don't put out the same amount of torqe/hp you would to the wheels as with a 5 spd. There's usually a 10-15% increase from that swap alone.

Talk to prNonVtec4u and Richie*GT35R. They have both sprayed the auto and had great success.

Another thing I would look into if you don't plan to use some sort of EMS for your car is to buy a timing retard box. Retard timing about 5-8 degrees at the initial punch of the shot and feed it back in incrementally. This gives you some traction control and some good mid range torque curve.
    Last edited by d112crzy; 02-07-2009, 11:58 AM.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

do you not remember me joser. i had the n/a f22a4 back a few years ago.. lxaccord92 and then tune.free... lol... i know what im doing... its no biggie.. im changing to a 2 stage setup here soon with a 75 shot first stage and 50 shot second.. i am not an amateur. been using nitrous for 5 years. tons od setups... i changed the oil today to royal purple and their performance atf. it seems good. i like it... ill have to drive more to make sure... it is on the slicks now and i took pics but cant post them from my phone... so i need to relist the setup. and tonight we will take video and see how the tranny feels in the morning hours...

Dedspool MFG
      LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

the safc pulls it own timing because im adding fuel... im not new to the ems world... dsid anyone ever figureout nitrous controls on uberdata... im usin it in crome and uber so if anyone needs the setup let me know

Dedspool MFG
        LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

i like the royal purple way more than the b&m and the atf-z1

Dedspool MFG
          LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Vids please....i've been debating spraying my a4 for awhile..

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

i took video and picture and need to get to a computer to upload it... soon...

Dedspool MFG
              LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

mmmm... This seems interesting ! Cant wait to see the vid and pics

Comment

I finally got to run it on hot slicks and the full warm bottle and its nice... can't wait to go bigger on a dohc f22b or h23.. whatever comes next. I really want the pt6 ecu and my other bolt ons before I change motors. The h22 lsd tranny will help once I find it...

Dedspool MFG
                  LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Originally posted by SleeperSEDAN View Post
                    i like the royal purple way more than the b&m and the atf-z1
                    thank you for mentioning this. i'll be SURE to put this in mine nxt change around

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                    My Ride thread
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by d112crzy
                    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                    All I gotta really say is:
                    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Since you were curious ill go a little more into depth on the subject. Also. Videos and pics will be up in 2 days...

The royal purple oil is supposedly awesome so I spent the money and since it was the "shit" from what everyone is saying and my builds are maturing along with my age I figured I just need to start doing everything better. So oil. I used it and loved it. With most other oils I noticed the standard valve tick at start up. Real light from 1000 - 2000rpm. I knew it was from the oil because it went away after warm up. But since I am anal about driving on a a cold motor I bought the 5w-30 in hopes of getting the top end lubricated as fast as possible on cold starts. I am 100% satisfied on the oil itself. To boost oil pressure a little I used an s2k oil filter. Then I saw the atf and figured since the lady hadn't chnaged the fluid in awhile and I was installing the new tranny cooler I figured the b&m was now dirty and it was more b&m or the royal purple. It supposedly is better so why not... the atf as I said was a nice change. Coupled with the tranny cooler the cars transmission is performing very well. I havnt seen one sign of high mileage conditions on the tranny since I bought the car. But after nermous slick runs and driving around before the slick runs the tranny cooler was only luke warm. Never got overly heated. Which is awesome. The fluid it helping indeed because after the nitrous beating the tranny had some trouble getting back down to temp. The cooler and the fluid keep it in check... its worth both upgrades to an auto trans... the car is hitting 14's easy and I think the 60' times are roughly 1.8-1.9 seconds... its funny because the torque converter lock up on launch is smoother and faster than any 5 speed I have owned... on slicks its an absolute beast. The car rips out of the hole and has pulled my buddies gsr hatch I just retuned to 170whp and 140ft lbs also on slicks with a lsd type r tranny. I even drove the hatch and he drove kmy car and the accord still won. Now I know why the fastest drag cars in the world are auto... the new setup after more bolt ons will be a lsd h23/22 tranny and a h23/f22b motor... but I may go with an h22 or h23 vtec setup seeing as how my hobby has moved in on my life again. I gave cars up for awhile and after finding this 600 dollar accord my heart is back in the game and nothing slow will be good enough. More power. The new motor will receive 120 shot dry with a safc piggy back.. bigger injectors. And obviously the kit will be direct port dry... I'm stoked. The car is awesome and I will get race videos soon to show you guys what I mean. I took a vr6 golf that was gutted with boltons and on sticky 16's by 3 cars by the end of the intersection with 2 people extra in my car and tools.. loose that 450 lbs and I ran it bymyself and it was insane.. the vr6 had lsd and was literally shocked the auto beat it... plus everyone gets mad since its automatic... & It has stock exhaust

Dedspool MFG
                      LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

I've been wanting nitrous for a long time, and I think that after reading this I am way more confident about putting it in my car.

Sold!

Selling: F22A4(disassembled)

Comment

Originally posted by carlosamador16 View Post
                          I've been wanting nitrous for a long time, and I think that after reading this I am way more confident about putting it in my car.
                          x2! i got a autyo i have been curious about spraying for a long time, now i think i might do it.... but im thinking i may only do a 50 shot to be more on the safe side of things!

Official CIVICKILLER's members ride thread! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=112829

rock her with the shocker!

Comment

true story:
                            My roomates brother had a d series civic back in the day, with a built motor, big ass dry nitrous shot, hondata, stock auto tranny, slicks, and some kind of moderate suspension setup. he ran a low 11 sec quarter, and never broke the tranny.

To the OP
                            you are only running 15% more fuel than stock on a 100 shot?! that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
                            Last edited by dbsharp; 02-25-2009, 11:23 PM.
                            spin city

Comment

It isn't... its 15% 65 shot... I got the afc setting all mixed up... for the big dry shot of 100hp I've been running a n/a chipped pr4 with the duty cycle controlled. I've been having goodluck with it till this past weekend. I ran out of nitrous lol.. it was surging and I didn't know why. Check the bottle and its near empty lol...

Dedspool MFG
                              LOCK.IT.UP

Comment

Working...
                              X