Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help with my NOS wet kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with my NOS wet kit...

Well I got a good deal on this:

but the guy I bought it from didnt know anything about it, probably why he sold it so cheap...its all new and I think all the parts are there.

So my question, how do I know if this is a 50 or 75 shot, etc.? How do you adjust, with the solenoids? Also its a wet kit, if that matters.

Jay
    Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

first of all u should not be messing with nitrous if u r not at the level of telling a dry kit from a wet kit.....

i will be on tommorrow to finish answering these other ?`s

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Thats a wet kit, the size of the shot is determined by the size of the jets used. The jets go in the nozzle where the lines screw on.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
        first of all u should not be messing with nitrous if u r not at the level of telling a dry kit from a wet kit.....

i will be on tommorrow to finish answering these other ?`s

???okay...Did I not clearly state that it was a wet kit, yes.

Thanks Busted, thats what I was thinking the jets is changed the "shot" but I wasnt 100% sure... Also the jets only have #'s like .045-which one would I need for a 60 or 75 shot, I dont have the instructions?

Jay

Comment

Those big one's like the 45 are going to be the jets for the fuel. I'm not sure if the numbers are going to be the same for NOS and NX, but for mine I got 20 and 24 jets that were for the nitrous 50 and 75 shot respectively and the 35 and 41 jets were for fuel for the 50 and 75 shot respectively. It's pretty easy to switch the jets in and out. Just make sure you use some teflon sealer stuff on the fittings so it doesn't leak any. Either go to a performance shop and ask them what jets are for what horsepower to double check or just look for a jetting chart online. How much did you pay for the kit?

Comment

You can contact NOS and they will give yo uthe correct tune-up sheet that will state which jet combinations are for what. It would be best to just contact them.

Don't use any sort of teflon sealant on Flare (-an) fittings, on regular pipe fittings it's a good idea.

Comment

I went to one of the local speed shops around here, and they said it was fine to use. They have 3 shops, have been in business for 30+ years, and work on numerous 6-7 second cars so I don't think they would lie to me. Is there some sort of fitting difference between the NX and NOS kit that would make it not good to use?

Comment

Thanks for the info guys...I found a 800 # for Holley, so Im gonna see what they recommend for me.

Busted...since your reading this thread, I have a MSD-L ignition box, so what would you recommend as far as retard systems? I looked through the MSD site and really Im not sure which one would be best suited for me, so any input is appreciated.

Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                  I went to one of the local speed shops around here, and they said it was fine to use. They have 3 shops, have been in business for 30+ years, and work on numerous 6-7 second cars so I don't think they would lie to me. Is there some sort of fitting difference between the NX and NOS kit that would make it not good to use?
                  It's not about anyone lieing to you or anything like that. It's just bad advice thats all. An -an has a flared fitting where the fitting actually couple together and make perfect seal. If you put a teflon sealer such as liquid teflon in there then it can actually get onto the smooth surfaces of the flare fitting and when you tighten it down can restrict or clog the passage. That fitting is used there so you won't have to use a teflon sealer thats the whole point of using flare fittings.

You do what works best for you but if I'm going to give someone advice, esspeically a newbee I have to give them good advice that won't cause a problem. The more variables that you throw into something the more things that can go wrong.

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                  Thanks for the info guys...I found a 800 # for Holley, so Im gonna see what they recommend for me.

Busted...since your reading this thread, I have a MSD-L ignition box, so what would you recommend as far as retard systems? I looked through the MSD site and really Im not sure which one would be best suited for me, so any input is appreciated.

Jay
                  Use the MSD Digital Multi-Retard. I think it's part number 8975 that's the best choice. They go pretty cheap on eBay to.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you are saying. I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything. I was just confused because that's what I've always heard to do. Without using that my fittings leaked a lot. So is there anything else you would recommend?

Comment

I went to a local performance shop and ended up learning alot more about nitrous...the owner was very helpful, not to mention his daughter was pretty hot. Anyways he recommended me using:

MSD Start/Retard Control
                      PN 8982*

for the retard option when spraying? Its only $100 and seems like it'll do the job I need, and doesnt have features that I dont need. Like the 8975, its has more features than I think I'll use.

Do you, Busted, have any opinions on this? Or has anyone else used this device for the retarding?

Also about the teflon taping-so I dont tape the flare fittings, but all the others I do? I thought if you put the tape on fittings that contact fuel, the fuel would eat it up? So would I just teflon fittings that ARENT fuel and flare, right?

Jay

Comment

they make tape for fuel fittings ya know. they got the tape at home depot its black not white. should work well and can stand heat too. its $3 a roll.

Comment

what he said ^^^ lol.

Comment

This is a bit off topic..

but damn Jay, we always have the same stuff in common with the cars. Shaved, kitted, molded, paint job, engine swap, and now nitrous.

Good luck with the install.
                            Adam - Retired OG member from '03
                            2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
                            2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
                            2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

Working...
                            X