Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Building for a 150 shot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building for a 150 shot.

Okay...after doing a little searching around, I've come up with questions.

This is just all up in the air, but since I'm 99% sure I'm getting another accord..here it goes.

I'm planning for a 150 shot on an H22. I would of course, have to sleeve the block. What would I have to do as far as the pistons and rods are concerned, who should I go with?

Also, about the head. Would a basically "stock" head be okay for what I'm aming for?

And lastly...it may just be on an automatic transmission too would I have to build the transmission up any?
    Last edited by npor; 04-27-2009, 10:55 PM.

You actually don't NEED a built block for a 120 shot. As long as you have proper fueling and tuning done, there's not much to worry about as a stock H22 can take that much of a shot.

You also don't need to sleeve, there are alternative options such as Mahle gold series pistons. They have a special coating on them that allows you to run them on stock sleeves. They can handle plenty of power. Only downfall is that rumor has it they don't last much past 40k miles(the coating).

But if you do want to sleeve, then piston choice comes down to what you're engine builder prefers. Each piston design/brand has slight variances, most of it comes down to the p2w clearance needed for them. Some are also lighter than others. Arias, CP, Wiseco are all good brands.

Rods...I'd stick with some cheapy Eagles. They've been known to handle some great power and are pretty reliable.

The stock head/cam setup is fine as well.

But if you're looking into building an engine for nitrous, I wouldn't stop at 150 shot. Go upwards of 300 . Look into getting a direct port setup with a progressive controller.

The stock auto trans can handle the power as long as you maintain it. I would do a flush eveytime you do an oil change. Adding an aftermarket oil cooler also would help.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

After reading other posts in this subforum, I was waiting for you to reply.

The reason for this thread is a guy is selling TWO complete, but disassembled H22's for $300. I was going to H22 swap anything I got, I figured I might as well start with something that's already apart, because it would end up coming apart anyway.

As far as the life of the motor is concerned, I'm not sure which route I want to go. I'm still learning. And..this will be my DD. Basically, I want to build it to take a 300 shot, but only run a 150 to be safe. I'll need a dependable car while I'm in college. Which would you prefer/suggest?

Sleeving the block, or running mahle's?

Comment

I have a sleeved h22 block ready to go. Selling it for $350 +shipping

Comment

Yeah? Is it fully assembled?

Or just a bare sleeved block

Comment

Bare. But I can build you an engine if you'd like and ship it to you once its done

Comment

stock head is okay but id give it a valvejob and put more clearance on the exhaust guides. deburr anything in the combustion chamber.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                Bare. But I can build you an engine if you'd like and ship it to you once its done
                Hah, what kinda figures are we talking here?

PM me.

Back to the topic,

How reliable would an h22 with a 150-200 shot be? Not ragging on it all of the time, spraying here and there a tad.

Comment

ssaccord92 ran a 120 shot and has been running strong for 2 years. He sprayed probably 3-4 times during the weekends(races) and maybe once or twice during the week.

Comment

Whoops, I meant on a built block.

Comment

on a built block you could spray a 300 shot reliably if the tuning is good.
                      spin city

Comment

i agree with d112crzy

93 accord coupe lxr
                        10 fusion se slammed

Comment

Working...
                        X