Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Going on the bottle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going on the bottle...

I've been reading and learning, but I am still curious about a few things.

I'm going with a Compucar wet kit, 50 shot. I'm waiting for it to arrive any day now. literally like this

I know I should go with a one or two step colder plug. Can I walk into Advance Auto or Autozone, for instance, and tell them I want a one or two step colder plug, or am I better off going to Jegs for it?

I know I can spray a 50 shot at stock timing, but would there be any benefit to retarding it a degree or two anyway?

I know not to spray if the bottle pressure is less than 900, but I can't seem to find out why. Wouldn't I just get a smaller spray at a lower pressure?

For the guys running a shot on a 5 speed. Can I hit it in 2nd? First gear is out, obviously. I'll never get enough grip; even without the bottle, I have been known to break loose at the top of 1st if the pavement is the right type. That makes me wonder how that extra 50hp is going to do in second gear.

I think that's it for now. Any advice is appreciated.

If you want a step colder plug it would read ZFR5F-11 for a stock plug, the colder plug would be a 6 or 7 for two steps colder instead of the 5. You can get them at any auto part store. Hope that helps.

I don't know much about nitrous or I would try and help you out more.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
      if you want a step colder plug it would read ZFR5F-11 for a stock plug, the colder plug would be a 6 or 7 for two steps colder instead of the 5. hope that helps.
      EVERY little bit helps! Thank you!

queefmaster?

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        EVERY little bit helps! Thank you!

queefmaster?
        Deever and I were joking around one day and It just came to me. I was like dude, that has to be my user title.
        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

the idea of retarding timing and using colder plugs is to reduce the spark plug tip temperatures to avoid predetonation, colder plugs alone should be ok, advancing the timing by ten degrees increases tip temp by up to 100 degrees Celsius, so i mean its kind of un necissary, plus youll lose power when youre not on the juice

Comment

if you aren't getting any detonation, don't pull timing. you can spray at less than 900psi you just wont get as much power and it will be too rich. check your plugs for detonation. If they are clean, let it ride.
            spin city

Comment

I spray in every gear but 5th and have been almost everyday for 3 years. for the first year I was on a 50-75 shot (went bigger as the year went) and stayed with the stock timing. The last 2 years I've been running a 100 shot which strangely enough makes over 100 whp extra. more like 110. Timing is retarded just a tad. As far as spraying under 900 psi, It doesn't matter. you just wont have any power thats all. I'm on a h22 btw. Have fun!
              Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
              registration is free

Comment

I recommend NGK 4091's or some NGK 1283's. Both are 7 heat range, just different designs. the 4091's might fuck with your radio reception because they are non resistor plugs. But they're harmless otherwise. I'd start with a .035" gap and go tighter if needed.

I wouldn't touch the timing until I got to a 75 shot. Get yourself a timing light, and mark where 15* is, then mark where 14* and 13* is as well. I'd retard it only 1 degree until you work yourself up to a 100 shot, then retard 2-3* or more depending on what your plugs look like.

As far as pressure goes, the reason you don't want to spray with low pressure is because there won't be as much nitrous spraying as there would be with the appropriate pressure. What this does is create a rich condition(on a wet shot), giving you an overall smaller shot.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

There are various ways to setup nitrous. Some do WOT switches, where it requires an activation switch to be turned on then a WOT switch on the tb or the pedal.

Some do a simple button.

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7
                    So when you do a simple button what duration does it spray and doing it this way, do you just hit the button every gear you want to spray? Ideally do you want the nitrous to not be spraying when you shift the next gear right, makes it safer on the tranny?
                    just like they do in fast an furious bro
                    UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                    NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

Originally posted by 90-JDMCB7
                      So when you do a simple button what duration does it spray and doing it this way, do you just hit the button every gear you want to spray? Ideally do you want the nitrous to not be spraying when you shift the next gear right, makes it safer on the tranny?
                      It'll spray as long as you have it pressed down.

Comment

The WOT switch sprays whenever you're WOT. There's no time limits to switches, unless you program one to be.

You're over thinking it Tony, lol. It's just a simple on and off switch. You either spray or you don't.

I've experienced both. None works better than the other as they both accomplish the same thing. It's really up to you on which route you choose.

Comment

I think a wot activation with a rpm window switch is ideal.
                          spin city

Comment

You should just go with a zex kit 50 shot with a 255 fuel pump with a purple billte fuel pressure regulator with some 2 step colder plugs.

So you wont need to back down your timing just to be on the safe side unless you go 65 or 75 thats when you back it down by 1 degree. And dont forget youll soon be needing a clutch if you havent already changed it.

Also 1 last thing you should hide it jsut incase you get pulled over cut out a subwoofer section for it and hide the shit in the subwoofer box as a decoy.

Comment

I also had a question pertaining to this topic. I am in the process now where I need information. First of all can any describe the kick of having 50 shot, 75 shot,etc. Secondly, if I do decide to run bigger than a 75 shot (I have been doing a lot of reading and pricing these past three days), will me retarding the timing and going colder plugs affect my daily driving and fuel consumption when not on the button?
                              The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X