Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Bottle in a bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottle in a bag

Curious if anyone has more info on Compucar's "bottle in a bag" than the one post I found searching around the site.

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/index...kits&Itemid=66

Is it safe to run on stock internals? Where exactly does it hook up to on the intake. Can a CB7 use this since there's no O2 sensor?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Yes it's safe, as long as you're only runing a 50 or smaller shot and your engine isn't jacked up already. I don't know where it hooks to the intake, but it can't be too hard, it installs in ten minutes. O2 sensor has nothing to do with your nitrous oxide kit. I've never seen a kit that has anything to do with the O2 sensor.

Comment

^
      ^
      what he said.

you CAN run a bigger shot than 50 but its not really suggested on a dry kit. research a little more before you decide to get a nitrous kit. if you dont, you'll end up finding out how the motor work via peep hole in the front of the block.

it is safe to run on stock internals. talk to RICHIE*35GTR*(i think thats how its spelled. loll). he was running a 100 shot for a year with no issues. but it was a wet shot. 50 is the MAX i would recommend with a dry kit tho.

Comment

Yeah I have been doing some research and it seems like everyone with this kit is spraying 6" before the MAF sensor on their car. CB7 don't have MAF sensors so it leaves me to think, damn what am I gunna do.

Member's Ride Thread

I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
          Yeah I have been doing some research and it seems like everyone with this kit is spraying 6" before the MAF sensor on their car. CB7 don't have MAF sensors so it leaves me to think, damn what am I gunna do.

put the nozzle 6" before the throttle body. make sure you point the nozzle opening toward to the throttle body.

Comment

Is your setup similar to this? Could I see pics?

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Is your setup similar to this? Could I see pics?
              i dont have a set up....yet. lol. its just instructions ive read from the kits before and from DIY's online. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                i dont have a set up....yet. lol. its just instructions ive read from the kits before and from DIY's online. lol.
                Oh, I thought I read in a previous post that you had a 50 shot setup. Well my intake only has one place for a line to go onto it and it's already connected from the intake to the other side of the throttle body (not quite sure why though) So how would I solve that?

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Oh, I thought I read in a previous post that you had a 50 shot setup. Well my intake only has one place for a line to go onto it and it's already connected from the intake to the other side of the throttle body (not quite sure why though) So how would I solve that?
                  lol. naw. its in my future plans tho.

as far as the hole. drill one. matter of fact, look in Project Car Mag and they have a segment in there about hooking up an kit to a CD5 accord. it says to drill a hole in the intake and make sure its 6" from the TB and pointing towards it.

Comment

Instructions for my kit said between 6 and 18 inches from the TB. For ease of installation, I have the nozzle mounted about 16 inches away.

Comment

yea but urs is a wet systmen soit was a little harder to but in. ha i have a 50 shot wet on my civic its a wet kit to took about and hour to but it on with on jet, so this dry kit doesnt look to complex it just like most dry kits from what i can see it just hidden buy a bag like mine in in a book bag ha

The Race Car

Comment

What do you mean point toward the Throttle body?

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

What do you mean point toward the Throttle body?
                          The fogger nozzle is directional so what he means by pointing it toward the TB is that the spray direction needs to be towards the TB. the nozzles usually come with an arrow depicting what direction it needs to go. Running a 50 shot is no issue on the f22 but i would definatly suggest running a bit higher octane when you are going to be using it. I personally dont think that dry setup is that great because there is no fuel enrichment but i also have not seen any air fuel readings on a dry 50 shot so i dont know how far it throws the AFR out of whack. I personally had a wet 150 shot on my CB literally 10 years ago and it was awesome until i smoked my auto tranny on it and its very addictive once you feel even at just a 50 shot how much faster your car is.

You should be fine with the bottle in a bag setup just follow directions very carefully. Also being a dry shot it is best to put the nozzle on the closer side of the spec so 6" rather than 16-18". This IMO is really important on wet system because having fuel in that long of a path before it actually gets into the motor is asking for trouble, plus it gives the fuel droplets time to get out of their suspended state and create a pooling effect in the intake and manifold. I personally have seen an "intake backfire" caused by this on my friends prelude in which he had the nozzle nearly 18" away from the TB and it exploded and destroyed his intake as well as the pressure, because the explosion happened in the intake manifold some how caused him to jump timing, and this was at the 60' mark at the track on a 75 shot.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                            ...I personally have seen an "intake backfire" caused by this on my friends prelude in which he had the nozzle nearly 18" away from the TB and it exploded and destroyed his intake as well as the pressure, because the explosion happened in the intake manifold some how caused him to jump timing, and this was at the 60' mark at the track on a 75 shot.
                            I don't see how this was caused by the distance from the TB. If your friend's nozzle had been 6" from the TB, the intake still would have been full of N2O and fuel, and, according to your theory about distance and atomization, the mixture would have been even more explosive due to the more highly atomized fuel. I'd say it's more likely that he jumped timing from a hard launch and that caused the backfire.

Comment

The timing didnt jump because of a hard launch, It happened about 3-4 seconds after hitting the switch and the switch was always hit after shifting into second gear so at around 150 feet or so down the track. Also you have to think about how much surface area there is inside that intake pipe which collects fuel on the walls and as it collects it starts to puddle up especially when it becomes cold due to the nitrous flowing through as well.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                              member ride thread
                              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                              X