Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Dry Shot VS. Wet Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
    Ok, so with the ZEX kit.

-It automatically corrects AFR.
    -I need 1 step colder plugs.
    -I need a 1-2 degree retard in timing and this shouldn't damage the motor during daily driving.
    -I should go up in spray and adjust as I go with the 25-50-75 shots, making sure to look over the spark plugs after each run.

I'm not missing anything am I?
    Basically, yeah. And make sure you have an upgraded fuel pump and your fuel lines are in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by D1sclaimer View Post
      Basically, yeah. And make sure you have an upgraded fuel pump and your fuel lines are in good condition.
      Oh sorry, forgot to mention I'm going with walbro 255lph fuel pump. that should do it.
      R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

why would you need to upgrade the fuel pump? a lot of people use the OEM honda pump even at around 300hp without any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          why would you need to upgrade the fuel pump? a lot of people use the OEM honda pump even at around 300hp without any issues.
          Really? I figured it wouldn't flow much like most OEM fuel pumps. Thats good to know then and not required to upgrade if its true then.

Comment

well, my car has 258k miles on it, i want to replace the pump just to be safe. you never know how long its been on the car, and its good to get it out of the way asap so i dont have problems in the future. its more reliability than performance i think.

Comment

well just replace it with an OEM pump then. you'll be good with the stock one. i plan on spraying too. talk to RICHIE*GTR35 too. he's been on spray before he swapped. was on a 75 then moved to a 100 shot and did that for a year.

with a 50-65 shot you should be good with 1 step colder plugs and retard the timing by a degree or two.

Comment

im going 75 shot. ill look into a oem pump too.

Comment

Bump for this thread. Im also going with the same ZEX kit.

Comment

thanks for the bump. look at the last posts for info, its all pretty much covered.

Comment

What i was wondering if its better to get direct port injection?

Comment

Originally posted by DejectedAngel View Post
                        not sure?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                          not sure?
                          no. theres no point unless your gonna be putting the car for track purposes only. plus it'll cost you more because you have to drill holes in the intake manifold.

a single jet into the intake will do fine

Comment

It all depends on how much you want to spend really.

With direct port, your chances of a backfire are almost as small as having a dry nitrous backfire. Its not necessary for direct port unless you're doing over 100 (that is IMO only; theres people spraying more on a single nozzle just fine).

Comment

i see, its more about what you want to spend. and if your car is more dedicated to track as opposed to street.

Comment

Mostly my car will be street and is my DD so il be going with a dry kit. Thanks for the input shadow D1sclaimer!

Comment

Working...
                                X