Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Spraying on automatic transmissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spraying on automatic transmissions

So it is to my understanding that it is not a good idea to spray while the automatic transmission while it is shifting. What exactly could this damage? Also when should I hit the button and what RPM do you recommend I stop holding down the button so the trans. can shift?
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

There's a period where there's very little load on the tranny between gears. Being on the spray could very well cause your engine to over-rev and blow.
    They say not to shoot below 2600 rpm.
    As far as when to lift off the button, I'd pay attention to what rpms your car shifts at, and plan to come off the button a couple of hundred rpm earlier, just to be safe. That should give you a nice cushion for reaction time on your part. In the heat of the moment, it can be hard to remember to pay attention to the tach. (Especially since it'll be climbing towards redline quicker than usual)

Comment

thanks man, I was mainly wondering about the whole engine over rev and such. It makes sense.

Comment

whould you be able to set it on a Rpm timer and have it kick in by itself
        " its just a single cam "

Comment

im pretty sure there are systems that allow you to do this, but id rather hit the button and choose when i want the spray going.

Comment

Originally posted by 93layback View Post
            whould you be able to set it on a Rpm timer and have it kick in by itself
            Yes, one of my friends got it on his first car and it was spraying after 5k i think... I dont remember the brand of the system tho

Comment

im pretty sure there are a few different companies that offer this with their kits however i dont know exactly what the system is called.

Comment

How much are you spraying Bro and is youre block setup able to hold up Spray twice a day everyday ?.

Comment

Originally posted by 93layback View Post
                  How much are you spraying Bro and is youre block setup able to hold up Spray twice a day everyday ?.
                  Well, Im not driving the car right now, I am in the process of an F20a DOHC swap and Im going to be running a Dry kit, most likely a 75 shot. ZEX kit.

The motor will be pretty much brand new when it goes in the car. so it will be able to handle it.

Comment

Real talk

woow congrats enough said..

Comment

Man I cant wait to start spraying the old auto. I am going to get tuned for nitrous here in the weeks to come and I will provide vids and opinions.

Comment

Yea, once I'm on the spray I dont know if I'll be able to control myself. I'll be going through the entire bottle in a day.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                          Yea, once I'm on the spray I dont know if I'll be able to control myself. I'll be going through the entire bottle in a day.
                          $5/lb. It can get expensive pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                            $5/lb. It can get expensive pretty quick.
                            yea, 50 bucks to refill the bottle everytime will get expensive. but it will be well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                              yea, 50 bucks to refill the bottle everytime will get expensive. but it will be well worth it.
                              I only have the 5 lb bottle. It's a lot easier to justify a $25 fill than $50! Still haven't gotten around to actually spraying the car yet though.

Comment

Working...
                              X