Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Finding the right spark plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding the right spark plug

I found this little application on NGKs website that helps with finding the right spark plug. The thing is I dont have a clue how to use it. Somebody help me!

http://www.ngk.com/search_char.asp?s...nufacturerID=1

NGK ZFR5F-11 Normal
    Nippon Denso KJ16CR-L11 Normal
    NGK ZFR6F-11 High Speed
    Nippon Denso KJ20CR-L11 High Speed

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

NGK ZFR6F-11, comes in the box when you buy it from honda
      miss my turbo cb7
      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

So which part number will I need for a 75 shot? I plan on running that pretty soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
          So which part number will I need for a 75 shot? I plan on running that pretty soon.
          75 shot
          Retard your ignition timing by 3 degrees, pick up an ignition, colder plugs, spark plug wires, and look into getting a stronger clutch because your stock one will be slipping very badly. If you find that you are running lean or rich pick up a fuel pressure regulator. If you are running a direct port kit, then you can pick up an Apexi VAFC to control your fuel map.

so colder plug would be 7 instead of 6
          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Well the thing is I am getting tuned for this so I am going to let the tuner handle the tuning. But one question I have is can I retard the timing from the computer or would I have to do it manually on the distributor? I plan on running a fidanza flywheel and a good exedy clutch so Im not going to worry about my clutch slipping too bad. If it becomes a problem ill just step down my shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
              Well the thing is I am getting tuned for this so I am going to let the tuner handle the tuning. But one question I have is can I retard the timing from the computer or would I have to do it manually on the distributor? I plan on running a fidanza flywheel and a good exedy clutch so Im not going to worry about my clutch slipping too bad. If it becomes a problem ill just step down my shot.
              I'd let the tuner deal with the timing too
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
              X