Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Nitrous On H22A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous On H22A

Hey guys I have a very open question. Would running a 50 shot of nitrous on my jdm h22a be semi safe with stock internals. im under 60k miles. Im about to do a compresstion checkto make sure. I would also get the wide open throttle switch and other safty things. Dont wanna blow up!

thanks

You can do up to 100-125 wet shot on an H22 safely

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
      Safely is a pretty vague term. If you're going to be spraying something like that daily without supporting mods you're looking for trouble. I think this guy is just looking to bolt on a nitrous kit and have some fun. In which case a 50 shot is more than enough. Anymore than that and you're going to have to look at upgrading your fuel system. It also depends on what kind of mods he already has done.

To the OP, we really need your exact set up to help you out further.
      Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Most of the nitrous manufacturers say you can spray a 50 shot on a bone stock motor with no worries and no mods. A 75 shot means 1 or 2 step colder plugs and you can retard timing a degree or two, but don't really need to with the colder plugs, 100 shot requires colder plugs and definitely a timing retard. I would suggest going to a wet kit if you decide to run n2o, it's not much more expensive, and it adds in the extra fuel required for the shot you have installed. They also say you don't want to spray more than 50% of your horsepower. So a 100 shot on a good H22 would be about the limit without building it to take more abuse.

Look in the nitrous section stickies, there's good info there.

Comment

Blah not many supporting mods required, it's pretty straight forward. If you have common sense you can do all the "supporting mods" to run a 100shot in about 2 hours.

Comment

Thanks for the info so far, I'm new to nitrous and have been reading a lot on here.

I'm definitely only running a 50 shot and not using it very often. So you guys think wet shot all the way? I kinda wanted to hide it best I could. for the timing, i set it right to 0? don't advance it if your running noz right?

Any other tips for this project?

car build - 91 accord JDM H22A , LSD tranny , lightweight flywheel, Stage 2 clutch, cold air, full exhaust, hondata tuned P05,

Comment

What about me guys?

Jdm H22A
              - 70mm throttle body
              - skunk2 IM
              - skunk2 cam gears
              - blox type b cams
              - supertech valvesprings an retainers
              - arp head studs
              - arp rod bolts
              - type s pistons
              - light weight flywheel(haven't desided on clutch yet)
              - kiddracing tri-y header
              - 3" mandrel bent exhaust

how much should my shit hold?

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                What about me guys?

Jdm H22A
                - 70mm throttle body
                - skunk2 IM
                - skunk2 cam gears
                - blox type b cams
                - arp head studs
                - arp rod bolts
                - type s pistons

Safe and reliably, or holds it but risky? If I was sure of my build, I'd hit it with a 125 wet shot and feel pretty safe about it. But: I myself would have to have done the build. I'd hate to lose an engine because someone else was having a bad day or missed a bolt somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                  Safe and reliably, or holds it but risky? If I was sure of my build, I'd hit it with a 125 wet shot and feel pretty safe about it. But: I myself would have to have done the build. I'd hate to lose an engine because someone else was having a bad day or missed a bolt somewhere.
                  I did the build myself. Hell, it's still sitting on the engine stand. I've been wanting to throw some nitrous since my last car with the h23 in it.

I guess Ima get it on the road and get a good tune, just drive it for a while.. If I still want to go nitrous after I see how she runs, then I will.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Does anybody have a part number for said spark plugs? I'm pretty sure everyone prefers NGK. But what am I looking for on the box?
                    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I'll go with a 75 shot all day long!!!
                      Accord Of The Month January 09
                      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
                        this is SO wrong.

safe numbers of shots are 35- MAX 100.

with stock internals of ANY bone stock car.

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                          What about me guys?

Jdm H22A
                          - 70mm throttle body
                          - skunk2 IM
                          - skunk2 cam gears
                          - blox type b cams
                          - arp head studs
                          - arp rod bolts
                          - type s pistons

do a 50 to 75 shot, its safe, and the power you want is there.

a 100 shot can be safe but its risky for a number of reasons.
                          thats a lot of nitrous.
                          your bottom end is taking the punishment.
                          with a shot that high you HAVE to make sure its installed correctly.
                          start thinking about beefing up your fuel system

ANYTHING over a 100 shot is possible. but dont expect your motor to last very long. If your wanting any thing over 100 shot your really heading into nitrous being your main forced induction. and you should start thinking about building your block and head to hold together and like said before your fuel system needs upgrading and also little tweeks to your tranny.

if you want a weekend warrior that is just a play toy do a 50 shot.

if you have lots of money do a 100 shot and buy new piston rings every other week.

if your like me and most in love with the rush a big shot will give, build a block and spray a 125 shot on weekends and when at the track, up her to 200!
                          Last edited by cb7_with_snail; 10-22-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                            Does anybody have a part number for said spark plugs? I'm pretty sure everyone prefers NGK. But what am I looking for on the box?
                            zex makes cold nitrous spark plugs and they only 25$ for all 4

Comment

Working...
                            X