Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

nitrous with auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrous with auto?

I've done alot of reading, but I don't read much about people spraying with an auto tranny. and it makes sense not to, see as you can't hit the rev limiter while on spray. but I just want to ask and see is there anything outside of a regular set up for an auto? I'm wanting to do a 50 shot.
    Originally posted by scudweiser
    once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

im doing the same thing on my cb9. im using a zex kit with a 50 shot. im running a double stack, h22 upper plenum with h22 throttle, and modified external coil. oh and prelude injectors. gonna try an spray it on 3rd and 4th. just to see. if it fucks up i got a auto h22 to throw in

Comment

yeah, well I don't have any do overs with another motor chillin in the garage like I used to. so I'm trying to make sure and do it right, without hoping it won't screw up.
      went up to a strip with my buddies dad (nova with a power glide spraying four stages) so it seems like the auto might be alright, but what about a stock auto tranny? when you floor it, it shifts at the rev limitor but I don't know how it will react with nitrous to it.
      Originally posted by scudweiser
      once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

I was advised that our auto trannies arent the greatest so the best way is to run an aftermarket tranny cooler..This is from what I read but not personal experience...Or if you get deep pockets, take it to Level 10 so you can get the internal beefed up..
        www.PreludePower.com
        BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

richiegt35r and prnonvtec4u sprayed nitrous all day on their auto transmissions with out any problems. i know for a fact raffy shifted his auto tranny as if it were manual though, but his tranny was very well maintained.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
          disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Juice21 View Post
            richiegt35r and prnonvtec4u sprayed nitrous all day on their auto transmissions with out any problems. i know for a fact raffy shifted his auto tranny as if it were manual though, but his tranny was very well maintained.
            Ill pass on shifting it like a manual..lol I heard of horror stories of trannies taking a dump after doing that so many times.
            www.PreludePower.com
            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

if you really want to do this you can do up to a 100 shot, but with a auto tranny i will sudjust a push button release rather than a throttle spray, get your kit and run up to your local hardware store and get a "push button switch" and learn how to use the spray right. if you do this you will have alot of good fun!

Comment

one thing my new rad didnt come with was the cooiling ports for the auto tranny. So I bought an aftermarket transcooler. I should have bought the biggest one I could find oh well. Any how I'd suggest a magnetic plug and an inline transfilter along with a small very small fan for the fluidcooler. Honestly I think the trans could hold the power as long as the "kick" isn't at lower rpms. Max tq I feel the trans could take is maybe 250

Comment

no....if you want to be safe, DO NOT put nitrous on a automatic. 5 speed all the way.

wet shot auto tranny...no...you will be spraying while your tranny is shifting due to you not taking you foot off the gas = boom.
                  dry shot auto tranny...as it is possiable i would NOT recommend spraying anything other than a 5 speed. and you hit the button the rpms will rev quicker and you will probally destroy your tranny = boom.

wet shot 5 speed...nitrous makes your rps rev faster, and as you let off the gas to shift your much safer.

dry shot 5 speed....well same.

it is just NOT smart to spary a auto

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                    no....if you want to be safe, DO NOT put nitrous on a automatic. 5 speed all the way.

wet shot auto tranny...no...you will be spraying while your tranny is shifting due to you not taking you foot off the gas = boom.
                    dry shot auto tranny...as it is possiable i would NOT recommend spraying anything other than a 5 speed. and you hit the button the rpms will rev quicker and you will probally destroy your tranny = boom.

wet shot 5 speed...nitrous makes your rps rev faster, and as you let off the gas to shift your much safer.

dry shot 5 speed....well same.

it is just NOT smart to spary a auto

NOt at all bro. Not at all, nitrous can be used with an auto. It just takes prep. You have to keep the fluid clean and up to the task of all that heat. You have to use fluidcooler and Im going to use a fan. I changed my fluid out about every 6 months. And the thing is you cannt use nitrous throught a shift. You have to have am rpm window switch or some kind of nitrous management (progressive controls) seriously some of the TOP nitrous users run automatics. As refrence a camaro SS (manual) vs camaro SS (auto) off the lot the auto was faster because its more consistant.

Comment

transmissions are torque multipliers so say a 100HP shot in 1st gear @ 4K is not going have the torque of say a 100HP shot in 3rd gear at 4k. IT just wont. The multipliers in 3rd gear can deal with the shot way better than in first even if the nitrous is only used from 4k-5k (supposedly just for this example in truth you would have to take into consideration your max rpm the final drive tires blah blah blah key word here is progressice control) . Its a fact.

Comment

WOW!!! Before my H22 swap I ran 100 shot wet on my F22 auto tranny with 18X,XXX miles for 3 long hard years with no problem. But i knew what I was doing. This isn't my 1st rodeo... I got Alot of members to back this up... If you run a 75 shot you be ok. Just get 1 step colder plugs. And yes I manual shift my tranny... Here some pics of my old set up

My full throttle switch
                        Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 10-26-2010, 05:02 PM.
                        Accord Of The Month January 09
                        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

I now own the OP's accord no spray lol.Just a driveway beaut atm.And to add ive seen many autos on spray and most drag cars are auto.

02 Crv
                          02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                          92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                          Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

no im not saying its not possible, its just safer and easier to spray a 5 speed.

Comment

man i have been spraying my auto for 3 years now, without tranny problems. automatic tranny's seem not to miss a shift.lol.as stated above keep tranny fluid changed and checked on a weekly basis. also if anyone is thinking of getting a kit , start small and work your way up.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
                              X