Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

my personal f22a1 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my personal f22a1 build

f22a1 rated at 125 hp

HEAD
    -delta 272 cam + 10hp
    -extreme port and polish by Modified By KC + 5 hp
    -bisi custom header + 27 hp
    -bisi adj cam gear + 0 hp
    -bisi intake gasket + 7 hp
    -ported h23 intake manni with cut butterfly's + 5 hp
    -AEM tru cold air intake + 10 hp

BLOCK
    -ARP head studs + 0 hp
    -zex plugs + 0 hp
    -bisi head gasket + 0 hp
    -bisi 9.1 comp pistons + 10 hp
    -bisi steel rods + 0 hp

TRANNY
    -H22 tranny with lsd + 0 hp
    -2.5 pipe w/ cat + 5 hp
    -Megan duel tip M-Dt universal muffler + 5 hp

NITROUS SET UP

(just bought from my buddy that was runnin it on his Integra for 900 cash money and a h22 head. )

-NitrousOxideSystem- 15lb bottle sport compact wet kit - 100 shot + 100 hp
    -NitrousOxideSystem- remote bottle opener + 0 hp
    -NitrousOxideSystem- duel purge kit + 0 hp
    -NitrousOxideSystem- bottle warmer + 0 hp
    -NitrousOxideSystem- mount kit + 0 hp
    -NitrousOxideSystem- nitrous control unit + 0 hp
    -p06 tuned by Modified By KC + 10 hp

off the spray = estimated 215 hp
    on the spray = estimated 315 hp

what do you think? (all two of you that look at the nitrous thread lol)
    Last edited by cb7_with_snail; 12-17-2010, 04:10 PM.

Delta told me the 272 cam for my b1 was a 15-20% over all gain also can get more out of it with i think it was advance 2-4 degrees of timing so thats where a cam gear comes into play.And doesnt bisi IM produce 7whp over stock?im sure i read that somewhere maybe im wrong.Hey GL with it though man.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 12-12-2010, 12:48 AM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

So you want to shoot a 125 shot on a stock bottom end?

Comment

Im sure thats gonna be a fun car to drive!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
          So you want to shoot a 125 shot on a stock bottom end?
          nope forgot that part. fixed now

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
            Delta told me the 272 cam for my b1 was a 15-20% over all gain also can get more out of it with i think it was advance 2-4 degrees of timing so thats where a cam gear comes into play.And doesnt bisi IM produce 7whp over stock?im sure i read that somewhere maybe im wrong.Hey GL with it though man.
            you retard the timing for nitrous.

Comment

The a1 is rated at 125 at the crank, not 120.

Bisi doesn't list steel rods available for the f series on his site; even if he did, I don't think they'd add hp, just durability. His heat shielding IM gasket has been dyno proven to add 7 hp to the stock a1 though, which is good because I think you're over estimating the increase from the CAI and the exhaust piping and muffler.

I don't think I'd go with the nitrous control, especially using a Zex kit. The Zex kit is supposed to be idiot proof, so the nitrous control seems redundant, if not harmful. Colder plugs and a few degrees of timing retarding (which you know) and you're okay there.
              I think you might be pretty close on final numbers, but I'd think about leaving the butterflies intact for better low end torque. "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races." - Carroll Shelby

Comment

you must make money.
                a nitrous build and a boost build.

so which is it? or you doing both at the same time?
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

If your going with AEM then id suggest a V2 chambered intake roughly $400 but i swear by them.I traded a a1 header set up for mine on my b7.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                    The a1 is rated at 125 at the crank, not 120.

Bisi doesn't list steel rods available for the f series on his site; even if he did, I don't think they'd add hp, just durability. His heat shielding IM gasket has been dyno proven to add 7 hp to the stock a1 though, which is good because I think you're over estimating the increase from the CAI and the exhaust piping and muffler.

I don't think I'd go with the nitrous control, especially using a Zex kit. The Zex kit is supposed to be idiot proof, so the nitrous control seems redundant, if not harmful. Colder plugs and a few degrees of timing retarding (which you know) and you're okay there.
                    I think you might be pretty close on final numbers, but I'd think about leaving the butterflies intact for better low end torque. "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races." - Carroll Shelby
                    well thank you sir ill correct that right away, but if a stock a1 has 1.75 pipe, back to a restrictor muffler, and i swap out, for 2.5 back to a non restrictor muffler at most i should gain 10 hp.

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                    you must make money.
                    a nitrous build and a boost build.

so which is it? or you doing both at the same time?
                    as stated the nitrous build is my personal cb7 build, the boost build is the shop i work for, i talked them into building a shop honda. so now we have a procharged 2001 gt mustang and we will have the cb7

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                    If your going with AEM then id suggest a V2 chambered intake roughly $400 but i swear by them.I traded a a1 header set up for mine on my b7.
                    im just going to use the aem cold air i have for my old cb. ill be needing a new cone though lol

Comment

bought new nitrous kit.
                      Last edited by cb7_with_snail; 12-18-2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

edited

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_with_snail View Post
                          edited
                          IMO your math is a little off

First, a cold air intake is probably only a 2-3hp gain instead of 10. But a 272camshaft could potentially be a 20hp+ gain WITH good tuning.

Second, the header doesn't add 27 peak hp. Look at the dyno graph posted by Bisimoto again.

Third, if you are buying the Bisi header, why not get the Bisi stg2 cam? It is only ~100 more than the Delta cam.

Your estimated numbers are probably a bit optimistic. I hope those are flywheel hp estimates and NOT wheel hp because that is completely unrealistic.

Good luck!

Comment

Any Pics from the build?

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

As stated before, the bisi header has a "largest gain" of 27whp at like 6k. Peak it'll add probably 15whp tuned.

A CAI will net you 2 whp if you're lucky.

The 272 is pretty good but not as good as the bisi stg2.

You'll put down between 175-180 whp tuned.

Where are the valve springs needed to run the 272 at higher rpms?
                              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X