Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Tuning for nitrous on P28...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning for nitrous on P28...

Lately, I've been doings endless amounts of reading with regards to chipping, tuning, and running nitrous. The thought of getting a J series crossed my mind, but honestly, I'm not up for the challenge. So, I'm H22ing it. No K series series for me. Anyway, I plan on tuning my own ECU from now on, and I'm still reading (I've been learning about tuning from the FSAE car at my school... of course I'm on the team). I've been learning the concepts by reading up on an ECU unit and software called MegaSquirt.

Anyway, I know very soon I'll be tuning my own ECU for my H. Which program will I use (Crome, Hondata, AEM EMS, etc....)? I'm not 100% sure yet.

My question is, if I tune on a P28, can I buy a chip for nitrous, install it into my P28, and tune all the parameters for spray (ie., spray only works when TPS reads WOT, above n-thousand RPM's in n gear, etc.)?
    Last edited by Straight Success; 02-20-2011, 10:09 PM.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

most nos kits are plug and play .mine didn't require any tuning , other than retard timing and colder plugs.call a shop that tunes cars and ask them , they may give you the same responce.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
      most nos kits are plug and play .mine didn't require any tuning , other than retard timing and colder plugs.call a shop that tunes cars and ask them , they may give you the same responce.
      I realize that most kits are plug and play. I want to change some parameters in my ECU to work concurrently with my kit as an additional fail safe. If I could switch between two maps, one for juice, and the other for normal driving, that 'be great.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

on , i see . have you looked into the zexs safety accessories ?IDK, personally but there has to be some thing out there. am interested in your findings .good luck and keep us postes. maybe contact a tech at Holley and talk to a nitrous tech for better info .

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Working...
        X