Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Nitrous build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous build.

Ok so I think I have decided to take the nitrous route with my engine build. Now I want to build the motor up first so far I have:

AEM SRI
    Megan Racing 4-2-1 Header

Now I have been looking around the website for a while trying to figure out the best way to do this. Here is what I was planning on getting:

Megan Racing catback exhaust
    H23 intake manifold with Bisimoto heat shield gasket
    P12 ECU (will it work with nitrous or will I need P28?)
    Zex direct port kit (adjustable from 50-200 hp)

I am wanting to make around 215-235 hp. What else will I need to do in order to do this. Will I need a new Cam and cam gear? I realize to do this I will need a good tune once I have everything. Any help would be much appreciated. Oh and the car is an auto.

you'll need a chipped ecu if your looking for that much power.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
      you'll need a chipped ecu if your looking for that much power.
      Is that much realistic, I'm still learning as I have not had my car a full year yet. Could I get a chipped P12 or do I need chipped P28?

Comment

Originally posted by WP'sFinest View Post
        Is that much realistic, I'm still learning as I have not had my car a full year yet. Could I get a chipped P12 or do I need chipped P28?
        po6 or a p28 will do. p12s are not tuneable

Comment

Alright well I have a couple P06 laying around, so I guess I could get one chipped when the time is right. Everything else look like it could achieve what I'm after?

Comment

achieveable...yeah. but on stock internals it not a question on "IF" your engine will blow. but when.

Comment

The most I plan on running is about 55 to 60. Don't want anything too crazy just something to surprise my passengers lol and to take to the strip just to have a little fun.

Comment

well the most powerful stock accord engine has 140 hp (at the crank) so. and that's for a brand new fresh from the factor engine 20 yr ago.

Comment

Thats true so what all should I replace?

Comment

complete over haul. new gaskets ect... full tune up. andhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=252

Comment

Well I put the motor in about 7 months ago replaced all seals and gaskets at that time. The zex kit I'm lookin at comes with colder plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
                        achieveable...yeah. but on stock internals it not a question on "IF" your engine will blow. but when.
                        The same can be said about boosting with a turbo or SC. Nitrous is actually the least damaging to your engine, when used correctly. A 50-75 shot shouldn't hurt a good solid motor at all. when I started researching Nitrous for uzume, everything I found said that a bone stock car could take a 50 dry shot with no modifications or problems at all indefinitely as long as it's done correctly. There are also several members that spray daily and have been for years with no problems.

Zex is supposed to be about as idiot proof as they get. With a 55-60 shot, you should be fine with just the colder plugs, but if you step up your shot, you'll get into retarding the timing as well. You shouldn't have any problems as long as your motor is running well, compression is fairly close between all four cylinders, and you use the spray correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          The same can be said about boosting with a turbo or SC. Nitrous is actually the least damaging to your engine, when used correctly. A 50-75 shot shouldn't hurt a good solid motor at all. when I started researching Nitrous for uzume, everything I found said that a bone stock car could take a 50 dry shot with no modifications or problems at all indefinitely as long as it's done correctly. There are also several members that spray daily and have been for years with no problems.

Zex is supposed to be about as idiot proof as they get. With a 55-60 shot, you should be fine with just the colder plugs, but if you step up your shot, you'll get into retarding the timing as well. You shouldn't have any problems as long as your motor is running well, compression is fairly close between all four cylinders, and you use the spray correctly.
                          Thanks thats very helpful. When I got the motor it had about 83k on it and like I said I bought every new gasket and seel I could think of. I wouldn't be spraying daily since it is my daily driver (not to mention cost). I was want some power when I choose to have it. So I can take it to the strip and do a couple runs everynow and then.

Comment

Working...
                          X