Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Sneaky pete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sneaky pete?

Could I run this kit on my single cam? (it says carbureted???) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-0...Q5fAccessories. If so will I need a tune to run it reliably? Im a noob on nitrous but I just figure with such a small shot I wont need much lol right???

What happened to the $300 orange NOS kits on ebay?

Comment

You could use most of the kit, buy the right nozzle for FI cars and run it, but that 10 oz bottle isn't going to last long and you'll constantly be refilling it. You shouldn't need a tune or anything unless you're planning on more than a 50 shot.

Personally, If you're looking for something like that, I'd spend the extra money and go with this. It installs in about ten to fifteen minutes, and you can swithc it to another car just as quickly if you wanted to.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/COMPU...Q5fAccessories

Comment

I agree just go the extra mile. Get your right nozzle and a bigger bottle. Or buy a full FI kit. I've seend them on craigslist for 300$. You can run pretty safely without tunning as stated above. Good luck

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
        MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
        11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

Ok thanks I was thinking the same thing but i just wasnt sure if I would need a tune to run a 50 shot

Comment

Yeah I ran a 35 and 50shot untuned. Didn't pull no timing off it either. How ever I never got close to the rev limiter. Always let off threw in a next gear at around 7400rpm. Zex makes a Rpm window switch that cuts the nitrous at whatever rpm.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
            MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
            11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

U can run up to a 75-100 shot with out a tune. How ever if u go to the 100 keep your eye on it and don't run it 24/7. Anything more do a mild build and even if you have the cash a bisi moto 2.3 cam and springs/retainer kit. And for heaven sakes do not for get to retard the timing

Comment

Working...
              X