Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Zex kits half off for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zex kits half off for me

hey every one i am getting a ZEX 55-75 shot of nitrous and was wondering which to get wet or dry and im getting it half off so money is no problem, my buddy has a sponser ship thru them so that is how im doing it. i was just wondering on the kit to get thanks every one and yea i know im lucky

Originally posted by japnightrider
    hey every one i am getting a ZEX 55-75 shot of nitrous and was wondering which to get wet or dry and im getting it half off so money is no problem, my buddy has a sponser ship thru them so that is how im doing it. i was just wondering on the kit to get thanks every one and yea i know im lucky
    How is that working? I know that when we sell a part to a sponsored driver we require verification that the part or parts are installed on his or her car only. Oh by the way....WET kit..ALWAYS!!

Comment

Dry will be better for a motor with stock internals.. Zex is a safe kit anyways.
      Adam - Retired OG member from '03
      2010 Lexus IS-F : Starfire Pearl
      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven : Black on Black
      2002 Lexus IS300 : Crystal White Pearl / Black Leather

.. i HAD more shaved on my accord than your girl does on her entire body..

Comment

not sure how he is going to do it but he said he could get it for me
        sorry i havent got any more info on it. i will talk to him bout it. i would love to have a sponser ship what i would give

Comment

i got a zex wet kit and been using it for the past year. i say wet cause thats what i been running with no problems on my stock engine.

Comment

I have been told by many nitrous users, wet is the safest way to go. I wouldn't personally cut corners, that's why I am getting a wet kit.
            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
              i got a zex wet kit and been using it for the past year. i say wet cause thats what i been running with no problems on my stock engine.
              how many shots you've been running?

Comment

Someone else was telling me to get the wet 75 shot zex nitous kit. Supposedly it's the best kit out there right now, and the safest kit to run on your car because nitrous is only dumpped into your engine when at full throttle. If you get the kit let me know how it is, I might cop myself one.
                my ride

Comment

i used like 5 10lb bottles sprayin 55 shot and 3 10lb bottles at a 65 shot, but am no longer spraying cause im goin to turbo soon just waitin on some parts and tryin to find where my power steering fluid is leaking from slowly. but i had a leak down test done a while back and everythink was fine. just be sure to retard your timing on shots over 55.

Comment

Originally posted by Backfire32
                    ........... just be sure to retard your timing on shots over 55.

Why 55? .......................
                    Last edited by NoSloCB7; 03-28-2005, 01:22 AM.

Comment

i just threw a rod today and im doing a swap so i will be getting a kit for a h22 kinda glad it did blow up... it jsut put project NIGHTHAWK to being done know instead of later so i will tell you how it does

Comment

wet kit ! it will be a lil tougher install but it is definetly better because when u spray nitrous gas into ur engine it separates into oxygen and nitorgen and expands its sorta like more freezing cold air in ur engine and when u have more air u need more fuel, well if you get a wet kit it will spray both fuel and gas making a correct and a proportinal mixture. most wet kits include a few different fuel solenoids to complement the different nitorus shot (50, 75 etc)
                        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
                        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Dry kit is nice, I have one, not using it at the moment. But you would want a wet kit. I am going to agree with prodigymb, you would end up mixing the nos and fuel as its being injected into the intake passage. Also this would be the ideal system to use if your forced induced, nos+psi=. With the dry kit you would end up getting a dip in fuel pressure when the system is activated because it runs off your fuel pressure regulator. So imagine what would happen if you already have a certain demand of psi of fuel and and your also injecting nitrous that is also demanding fuel, your stock fpr can do so much, you'll end up leaning out and HELLO dentenation. I've seen it happen to a friend of mine. He ended up frying a piston, which was coated pistons too, poor piston looked like a melted candle. The wet kit should be tapping into the fuel line which would not create such an extreme load on the fpr as the dry kit does cause it has it own fuel source. Wet kit is kit you want. Someone was asking about this awhile back on Honda-tech.com and zexman(yellow zex crx) himself commented on this topic. http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=701486
                          Carlos
                          My Members Ride Page

Comment

Working...
                          X