Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Installing nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MortsAccord
    replied
    Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
    You can safely run a 50 shot dry without and crazy tuning or ignition retarding. Just run a step cooler plugs and you'll be just fine. It's been done by many for years. No need to add fuel either as the ecu adds fuel automatically once it senses the cooler intake charge
    Recommending a dry N2o mod on a already boosted motor, of which the duty cycle of his injectors you dont know? Not good advice.

The ecu and sensors are not as fast as what would happen if he did the proposed setup that this thread is about.

Whether its safe or not depends on his setup. If he ran a step colder plugs for the burst hes talking about hed probably have dirty plugs in a short while, unless he was burning through n2o all the time.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppa694lyfe
    replied
    You can safely run a 50 shot dry without and crazy tuning or ignition retarding. Just run a step cooler plugs and you'll be just fine. It's been done by many for years. No need to add fuel either as the ecu adds fuel automatically once it senses the cooler intake charge

Leave a comment:

• SOHC-FTW
    replied
    You can run a wet kit right before or tapped/threaded into the TB just fine. Direct port is just that its for each intake port in which a normal simple kit does not contain.

Leave a comment:

• MortsAccord
    replied
    First, do you have money for a tuning session to get a dry kit tuned, and on top of that do you have the extra duty cycle left in you injectors(let alone fuel pump) to safely compensate the fuel needed to add for the n2o?

If you can't afford tuning then buy a wet kit.... but then again if you can't afford the tuning why even modify it anyways

I don't know what domesticated means really, but I hope its not they way I first took it when reading his post.**thinking on nozzle systems here**

N2O ports should be added as close as possible to the intake ports. Read this:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vzezeqah/s...trousoxide.pdf

You'll also need to adjust your ignition timing and possibly run a higher octane fuel when using it.

Leave a comment:

• tootall
    replied
    well i may try to do the dry kit the because i do have a chipped p06 that im constantly adding fuel or adjusting and burning new chips to tune it, so i may go that route.... thanks for the info, if anyone else has any input, throw it out there, thanks..

Leave a comment:

• lucifer1
    replied
    Dry kits add nitrous, wet kits add nitrous and fuel. So with a dry kit you will need a reliable way to enrichen the fuel like a programmble ecu. With a wet system you should direct port it with a nozzle in each runner. The dry you can do at the throttle body. The dry sytems are usually easier to install and bit cheaper.

I have run dry systems in the past but I would never do it again unless I had a programmable ecu.

Leave a comment:

• Domesticated
    replied
    If you have a turbo it means you have tunablility already? Go with a dry kit that goes in before the TB. If you put it before the IC a large majority of power you gain from the cold air is lost as it goes through the IC. If you can't tune for more fuel for some reason then obviously go with wet.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppa694lyfe
    replied
    Dry kit- bottle ---> solenoid---> nozzle. Wet kit is essentially the same except there's 2 solenoids (nitrous/fuel). Fuel solenoid has a line in and a line out. Personally, best bang for your buck nitrous kit I've found is the CompuCar "nitrous in a bag" kit. They are a dry kit that includes every piece required and has jets rated for I believe 25, 40, 60, 80, and 100. The "bag" part of the kit is a gym bag that you can hide the kit in.

Leave a comment:

• tootall
    started a topic Installing nitrous

Installing nitrous

Is there any good threads that show and tell in good detail how to install it, i just want a 50 shot on top of my turbo power just to use at the track and dont know if i shoulod go with a wet or dry system, and whats the main difference and which is easiest to install and if i should by it piece by piece cause i cant fins a kit that i can afford right now, maybe later, just cant find a good thread on insallation and which is better and easier to install. thanks...
Working...
X