Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ahh somemore NOS questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh somemore NOS questions!

ok i searched all the NOS threads...not too many of them i must say. now there were sooo many opinions, most of them mixed. i kinda got a feel for the pro's and con's and stuff like that but i need a couple last words. I have a F22a4 with 170,000 miles. the engine is in good shape except for a slightly leaky valve cover gasket. i was thinking of getting a Nitrous express wet nitrous system probably gonna run 50shot maybe 75 shot. i fig there is a good amount of miles on the engine. i do a service every 3000 miles. change oil, check plugs, cap, rotor, fluids, the whole deal. so maintenance is down pat. i have an aem SR intake, and a complete msd ignition system with SCI box. i just recently got venom injectors and an aem fuel rail. my big question is, will a wet system be indeed the best bet and with a higher mileage engine like mine and would it be safe to run a 50shot? 75shot? is there any issues i should address? and is there anything i might want to think about b4 buying the kit? any other mods? thanks in advance. i just don't want to mess with a perfectly fine engine. also, since the NOS creates additional heat in the combustion chamber, is there any way to keep the engine cool when spraying? maybe oil cooler kit, or something? i have no idea still kinda a noob on NOS.
    My members ride thread

I hope i dont miss anything. I would say a wet system is the way to go to ensure a safe mixture enters the engine. Your oil change schedule will definitely change because of the effects of nitrous on the motor. You should change your oil almost everytime after you spray. I have seen what effects the spray can have on the oil and it does not look good. Colder plugs are definitely needed for running the 75 shot. The Msd is a good thing to have so that there is none lingering around. I hope that helped you a bit.

Comment

O.K. here it is I have a 92 ex with 154,000 it auto. tanny. im running a 75 shot. im using a wet system single frogger. the system is from NX. i like it a lot. 75 shot is good, if you go bigger then that you maybe blow you engine because the bottom end will not hold it... i hope this will help you
      Accord Of The Month January 09
      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

you shouln't have to change your oil after running it just once. if your going to run a 50 shot, all you have to do is run one step colder plugs. to run a 60-65 shot, retard your timming according to what the instructions say. 75 shot you have to retard the timing according to the instructions.

Yes you have to change your oil more often than before, but after runnin just once on nos is not going to screw your oil up instantly. just my 2 cents.

Comment

ok well update.....now have aem fuel rail and venom 265cc injectors and aem fpr. i plan to beef up the internals eventualy (kms valve train package, forged rods and pistons) but until then i was gonna get the same kit richie*nitrous has. also planning on getting the purge, bottle warmer, nos safety kit, GEN-X kit along with it. better be safe than sry right? lol i am also looking into a chipped ecu. i think p72 but i am not sure yet. i should start ordering the nos parts this winter sometime. i want to get UR pulleys first. but after that nos heaven here i come. hope i have all the bases covered...let me know if i should be considering anything else. thanks!!!
          My members ride thread

Comment

Make sure you get that bottle warmer with the kit. If you already have upgraded injectors it might be easier to just run a dry kit. The stock injectors can't take much from a dry setup because they will get burnt out pretty quick, but I think the Venom ones could handle a 75 shot even. Just remember there are different mounting points for each kind of kit though. I would go ahead and get 2 step colder plugs instead of 1 step. I did that without any timing retard, and I was alright.

Comment

k, now i will add.... on spray u want a rich mixture, and just now i have started spraying my new F22 with a dry ZEX kit, i have done a lot of research (so has Fearit22) so listen to him also, anyways, when u spray they say to mount the fogger nozzle 3-12 inches away from the TB.... now here is the thing, this is very true... when u spray ur nitrous no matter how or where the nozzle is.. u are going to lean out cylinders 1 and possibly 2.. so here is what i reccommend, i mounted my nozzle (sleeper setup) on the underside of my SR.. now the key is where u mount the nozzle.. i mounted it one inch b4 the filter and i aimed it towards the wall slightly... like this..

l / l

like off center so that that takes away some of the momentum of the spray, so what happens is u spray, well the farther u r away from the intake means that the less momentum the spray will have and evenly distribute among the cylinders... mostly true, but not 100 percent accurate.... now fuel.... i am running a dry kit, but on the ZEX kit i still have changeable fuel Jets, i am running my nozzle pointed off center, at the end of the tube, and i am running a 65shot fuel jet and a 55shot N20 jet, now from what i understand this is the safest way to not blow a engine and have a safe daily driver... also, i ran 2 bottles of fuel injector cleaner on a half tank of gas b4 i installed the kit and started spraying and installed a 255lph fuel pump just incase for upgrading later... so u decide, but be safe... and make sure u dont spray till ur fuel cut off and dont spray below at least 3.4k.. they say 3 but i have tested and ur engine doesn`t unload all the torque until then so if u do start spraying 3k then u r stressing the bottom end.. we dont have a 1.6 litre like a civic, we have the SOHC bog blocks and they need to unload... good luck-

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

I agree with mounting it a little off center so it will distribute it more evenly. That's what I did as well, and it worked pretty good for me.

Comment

told u me and Fearit22 knew what we were talking about, lol...

Comment

^^seriously.. even what Feahrit22 said is true by backing nme up... first he was spraying a 75shot and now he is reliable turbo on the same motor at over 100k.. that has got to tell u something...

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
                      ^^seriously.. even what Feahrit22 said is true by backing nme up... first he was spraying a 75shot and now he is reliable turbo on the same motor at over 100k.. that has got to tell u something...
                      yes it does....maybe i can get away with a 75shot on my 170k motor...maybe! or i just may be better off safer than sry and go with 50shot. but with what everyone says, i will be up at that 75shot in no time haha. thanks for all the help guys!
                      My members ride thread

Comment

You could probably get away with it. Just make sure you give your car plenty of time to cool down in between runs. It would be a good idea to have some extra cash in case of a motor problem, but f22's are cheap engines to buy anyway.

Comment

is there anything i can buy like maybe an oil cooler or something to help releive some of the extra heat? maybe blast my heat in the car as well lol
                          My members ride thread

Comment

Yeah, running the heat in the car actually helps a little bit, but it's just a good idea in general to give it a break. A lot of stuff needs to cool down to optimize your performance ... your engine of course but stuff like your clutch and other things need to be cooler to work best. A lot of people hook up their purge to go onto the intake or intake manifold to cool it down a little bit. I would recommend doing that if you get a purge.

Comment

yes, the thought of the denser shot is back... that is what everyone calls it, including me and Fearhit22, it is when u use a denser shot, which is your purge, to cool something, intercooler, engine, radiator, etc. P.S.- Fearhit, have u used ur NX kit as a intercooler sprayer yet???

Comment

Working...
                              X