Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What's the deal with the mini nitrous kits on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just use a real nitrous kit. That "cool shot' nitrous kit is really just made out of charge cans for a cream whipper (at least most of them are), and are a waste of time and money IMO. I've used my Nitrous Express wet kit enough to know that even with my standard 10 pound bottle, it runs out damn fast (and that's only on the 50 shot).

Just get a real kit, if you half-ass it and get something cheap and small you WILL be dissapointed.

Comment

ur just a nitrous junkie.. JUNKIE i say!! lol..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Yeah, it's nothing less than awesome when you can hit a button in first gear and your car turns into an instant tire smoke machine

Comment

i used to work for keystone automotive. its a huge aftermarket distributor. i have stocked many sizes of nitrous bottles. i bet you could get a 20 oz tank, which is still small. i know they are used in other applications. call your local gas dealers.
          Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

I'm starting to get crazy idea's.....
            My official vouch thread!

Updated!!! --> My official turbo progress thread

Comment

Damn that thing looks like the shit on a paintball gun!

J/k I had to do it!

I second making your own system. For $100, you could make a pretty decent setup, electric solenoid, nice tubing and fittings, larger bottle, and know the setup intimately which makes work down the road easier. It seems like kccb7 would be able to help you assemble the parts you need. You've got the desire for the juice, the extra money, and the resources so I say do it. Plan it out before buying the first part. First decide the size of shot you want and the size bottle you want. Then figure the rest out. I don't think it would be difficult. Actually seems like a lot of fun to me. Good luck whatever you do.

My Accord History:
              91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by ACCLUDE91
                Damn that thing looks like the shit on a paintball gun!

J/k I had to do it!

I second making your own system. For $100, you could make a pretty decent setup, electric solenoid, nice tubing and fittings, larger bottle, and know the setup intimately which makes work down the road easier. It seems like kccb7 would be able to help you assemble the parts you need. You've got the desire for the juice, the extra money, and the resources so I say do it. Plan it out before buying the first part. First decide the size of shot you want and the size bottle you want. Then figure the rest out. I don't think it would be difficult. Actually seems like a lot of fun to me. Good luck whatever you do.
                now thats what im talkin about
                Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

Would you guys be interested in helping me find the right parts? I'd love to build my own system If I could find a 20oz bottle or something, and make a chubby sneaky pete... that would rock

Comment

the only expensive this to buy is the solinoids but the bottles are cheap but they dont have relief disks on em most of em anyways. Its the solinoids that are the most expensive as for the swithes that autozone for you in general

Comment

im not tryin to be one of those paintball w/e the fuck people but it might be ment for motorclycles or quads or sumtin u know? cuz i have seen people puttin that shit on the quads

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

actually i think the WOT switch would be the worst part
                        Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

That would be pretty simple. You don't need to have a WOT switch really anyway. Just have a simple push button switch rigged inline with a arming switch. The once it's armed all you have to do is hold down the button for spraying ... a lot of people drill out their gear shifter and put it right on there so that they can hold it down then shift and let off then hold it down again once they get back into gear. Personally I had mine set so that once my pedal once down to rev the engine to 4k in neutral it would activate the nitrous automatically. I just had to mount it to the floorboard and see how far up i had to mount it so that the pedal would hit at the right time. That was on a special kind of switch though, but either way just be creative and it isn't hard.

Comment

Deever, I gotta tell ya... 20 oz is going to run out in no time flat. I'm not even kidding. I'll say it again, 10 fuckin pounds doesn't even last that long.

Go ahead and do it though... but remember what I said when you get pissed off because the happy button stops working right after you started using it

Don't forget this either... in NJ, you need a permit to handle nitrous oxide. Any shop that sells it should be able to hook you up with the application. It costs $25 and it takes a few weeks to process. You get 2 copies... one for you and another for the place you're gonna buy juice at. I'd take care of this ahead of time so you're not stuck with a kit you can't use for almost a month. Took me by suprise, I had no idea about the required permit until I tried to buy some.
                            Last edited by Dirty Harry; 10-12-2005, 05:37 PM.

Comment

WTF? I knew NJ was a shithole, but damn that really sucks. I've never heard of needing a permit anywhere.

Comment

Wow, yeah, I had no idea about the permit either...

I really don't need much. In fact, I actually prefer a small tank, simply because I don't want to thoroughly abuse my engine I really just want it for a few track runs, and the occasional highway shot when I'm feeling saucy I'd get myself in trouble with a big tank.

Comment

Working...
                                X