Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What's the deal with the mini nitrous kits on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the deal with the mini nitrous kits on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitro...QQcmdZViewItem
    I know ebay links suck, but I need to show what i'm talking about! Seems like it's set up to use a single shot canister, much like CO2 canisters used with paintball guns. Honestly, it seems pretty straight! A small shot of nitrous, limited by the supply of gas in the tank. You can't possibly overspray! And the price is too good to be true...

So, is it too good to be true? I'm not all that knowledgable about nitrous, so if there's a major flaw here, I'm missing it.

seems like a scam man i wouldn't do it......
    92 accord dx....traded
    97 accord ex....traded
    93 civic si ....stolen
    96 tercel ....sold
    97 ek hatch b17 ..traded
    97 civic 4door b16 sold
    04 tsx traded ...for a honda coupe (top secret)

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nitro...temZ7999635125

That one is a bit more expensive, but looks to be better quality... the guy ONLY sells those kits, and has all positive feedback. The one complaint he got, he offered a refund.

Comment

Hey then that means i have a Nos powered BB gun and paintball gun. I wouldnt go for it those look like Co2 tanks.
        I cheated on my cb7 with an e30.....Not cool. I will be a honda boy at heart though woop woop

Comment

Yeah, I talked to phatdoughnut about it, and he pointed out that aside from the gas, you need pressure... do those tanks have proper pressure?

The second link seems a little better though. I wonder if it's comparable to a Sneaky Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
            Yeah, I talked to phatdoughnut about it, and he pointed out that aside from the gas, you need pressure... do those tanks have proper pressure?

The second link seems a little better though. I wonder if it's comparable to a Sneaky Pete.
            the tanks are filled under pressure same as the little cylinders they are filled under pressure as well as far as how much pressure i have no clue but the second one the tank looks like a paintball cylinder which can hold over 300psi easy
            fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Those things do not look good for any more than a 10hp jet (incredibly generous).

Comment

Kinda reminds me of sneaky pete. Even if it does work it wouldn't be good for more than say a tenth or so.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

How many ounces of nitrous is usually used for a 1/4 mile run?

Comment

On a 75 shot you might get like 4-5 runs down the track before you run out on a normal sized bottle. So for a 30 shot out of a normal sized bottle I guess you could get maybe like 10-11 runs on a quarter mile. Since those bottles are way less than 1/10 of a normal sized tank there is no way in hell you would get a full quarter mile out of them. I would estimate that it would run out within one gear most likely. So I think it's a waste of time and money.

Comment

So whats the verdict on this? Yay or Nay

Comment

Well it would work, but it would run out by the time you got through first gear .. sooo IMO that's a nay.

Comment

How many ounces are in a larger bottle? The NOS Sneeky Pete is only 10oz (only 1 more than the shady-shot)

Or are you talking about the little canisters? Would the 9 or 10 ounce bottle better?

Comment

A normal bottle is 10 lbs. So a 10 oz bottle would only be 5/8's of a pound. Divide that by the 10 lbs of a normal bottle and you only have 1/16 the size of a normal bottle. So going by what I said earlier I guess one bottle that size would barely make it down an 1/8th mile track if it was a 30 shot. I guess it would help some, but I think it would be a big pain in the ass to have to change the bottle every run. Speaking from experience anytime you have to refill the bottle and switch it out it really sucks because with that much pressure stuff starts to leak really easy and all.

Comment

Hmmm... I'm wondering if that $100 kit might be decent. I mean, I wouldn't be into using nitrous all that often... and when I hit the track, I usually only make 3-6 runs anyway. There's a filling station at the track. I can fill up as I go back to the staging lanes A little 9oz bottle can't be TOO hard to disconnect, and it's gotta be cheap as hell to refill.

Comment

Working...
                              X