Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What's the deal with the mini nitrous kits on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those nitrous bottles and holder looks like the set up I use to pump up my mountain bike tire out on the trail.
    Seems shady to me.

Ken
    Can't complain, it was free!

Comment

When you fill the bottle up is when youll feel like damn its heavy it will weigh 50 i think

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        Hmmm... I'm wondering if that $100 kit might be decent. I mean, I wouldn't be into using nitrous all that often... and when I hit the track, I usually only make 3-6 runs anyway. There's a filling station at the track. I can fill up as I go back to the staging lanes A little 9oz bottle can't be TOO hard to disconnect, and it's gotta be cheap as hell to refill.
        I'm not saying that it would be too hard to connect and disconnect, but if the fittings aren't perfect then it will leak if you don't reapply thread sealer everytime. On my kit the fittings weren't too great so I had endless problems with leaks. Do those bottles even have the same size fittings and normal nitrous bottle?? 6AN I think...

You must not work out much sparkle .. the bottle is like 10 or 15 empty I think then 10 pounds of nitrous goes into it. It's only 25 pounds max.

Comment

Gas isn't very heavy... If it had that much weight, it would be a solid!

If a 9oz bottle is cheap to fill, and easy to disconnect/reconnect, then I would just fill up at the track. I wonder if it could leak significantly in the staging lanes... I mean, I wouldn't drive around packing a full 9oz bottle looking for trouble!

And just to get this out: "blah blah blah... looks small. looks shady. looks like it wouldn't do anything"... there, I said it. EVERYONE has said it. Let's get some INTELLIGENT conversation about this setup, please! Fearit22, thank you for actually going into detail about the concerns about this system. THAT is what I need, not "looks like my girlfriend's vibrator"

Comment

lol ... that would be one hell of a vibrator... it would freeze her coochy off

Comment

i think it would work for at least one pass. you know not everyone is a con artist. the second one looks like there was some time involved in the making of this kit. did you say $100? that's perfect for those rare times you need it. it looks like a home made sneeky pete system without the big name.
              Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

That's what I'm thinking... I'm sure much of the cost of the Sneaky Pete is the NOS name. I mean, it DOES come with a bit more, and the material and craftsmanship are a bit more refined... but if the $100 system performs as it should, who needs to spend the extra?

Comment

research it. you could probably build your own. the world wide web is pretty f***in big. if you look hard enough i bet some jackass made a how to site. better yet improve their system and use an electronic sileniod. that may be why they r soooo cheap. manual silenoids own
                  Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

the 2nd link looks exactly like the nitrous i have on my paintball gun..

Comment

Originally posted by 501accord
                      the 2nd link looks exactly like the nitrous i have on my paintball gun..
                      Get the hell on with this paintball shit. we are talking big kid toys like ummmm .......... cars
                      Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

And just to get this out: "blah blah blah... looks small. looks shady. looks like it wouldn't do anything"... there, I said it. EVERYONE has said it. Let's get some INTELLIGENT conversation about this setup, please! Fearit22, thank you for actually going into detail about the concerns about this system. THAT is what I need, not "looks like my girlfriend's vibrator"
                        ^I see that outburst was effective...

Let me not use my razor sharp wit, and put it in plain English. If you want to comment on the cheap look, or relate it to a paintball gun, or anything else completely useless... please keep it to yourself. Nobody cares. Carry on with the conversation, or GTFO.

Comment

http://www.holley.com/products.asp?product=05029NOS

it really dosent look that different. except one has hella stickers on it and might have an electric silenoid. most of this shit could be had from the right hardware company. we have one local (in kc) company called grainger hardware. i have built airride systems out of there in house shit. it performed better than most big name companies. think about it.... ..... fittings, nylon high pressure line, tank, package of jets, no name dc silenoid. it really looks simple.
                          Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

^I see that outburst was effective...

Let me not use my razor sharp wit, and put it in plain English. If you want to comment on the cheap look, or relate it to a paintball gun, or anything else completely useless... please keep it to yourself. Nobody cares. Carry on with the conversation, or GTFO.

you know you tell people to shut the hell up very nicely. well at leat until the end. personally........... i liked the end.
                            Turbo f22a/f22b vtec

Comment

I searched and researched this stuff SO much in the past few days, and EVERY message board that has this discussion has about 5 pages of "that looks like a paintball canister", "why not get a REAL kit... put that thing on your lawnmower", and "I wouldn't trust anything like that... no nitrous kits are that small!"

I'm not asking for opinions... I'm asking for intelligent feedback. It's not that hard!

Anyway, do you think I could build something like this? I'm sure a simple nitrous kit would be easier to make than an airride system, and have the same principles... I wonder...

Comment

id consider a slightly larger bottle.. i mean for the time and effort of just 1 9oz bottle.. id get something bigger.. i know N.O.S sells a variety of sizes from that pete size to 15lb bottles.. lol.. for those supras u see doing warp speed on the highway..

regardless.. why not look for a 1lb bottle?? or slightly smaller..?.. heres what i mean

still a "sneaky pete" but a longer lasting shot.. for more gain..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Working...
                                X