Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

How Bigga Shot? w/safc2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Bigga Shot? w/safc2

Whats the biggest shot of nitrous my f22 can handle with an I,h,e, and an safc2. I plan on getting a wet kit .Will the safc2 effect it?

The biggest I would go is 50% of the engine power... and thats on a strong health motor.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
      i would go with a 400 shot.....don't be a chicken shit......go big or go home
      LMFAO Screw that I want to see a straight 1k shot of NOS

Comment

well this topic has been covered alot....search is your best friend. but i am nice today so here is my answer.....50-75 shot on a stock f22. 50 is the safest bet. 75 is pushing it. if it is a higher mileage engine then well 35-50. if u want more than 75shot u need to upgrade your internals. and upgraded fuel system would be beneficial. wet or direct port are the best. direct port is mainly for higher shots and is quite expensive...really only meant for those serious enthusiasts. basic wet kit should be fine, run 35 at first then if u want try 50. but i would def def service it/check over car every 3k miles to make sure everything is still holding up.
        My members ride thread

Comment

my big question is how would the safc2 effect my engine with the nitrous? Right now I,m using it to cover a misfire, cause after working on cars all day i'm to lazy to fix mine

Comment

Originally posted by gutted1
            my big question is how would the safc2 effect my engine with the nitrous? Right now I,m using it to cover a misfire, cause after working on cars all day i'm to lazy to fix mine
            With that said.....you don't need nitrous

Comment

well i'm obviusly going to fix it before i use the nitrous. I just haven't had the time. So I have good compression, new belts, what do I do with the safc2?
              Last edited by gutted1; 11-13-2005, 12:14 PM.

Comment

dont use it... anything that can be messed with by someone in ur car isn`t good... i am using Neptune and i love it, i have tuned for nitrous and i can run it fine.. i mean ya, i have a higher mileage engine but doesn`t mean that i cant use a 55 shot, lol... anyways.. SAFC`s are better at taking fuel away than they r for adding fuel.. so say one day u r cruising and decide to get on it a little bit, wherever ur fuel curve goes is where it will go.. let me make it simpler, if u lean out one time, then ur ganna lean out another and another, and another, like a cycle because that little spike couldn`t be fixed with a SAFC.. unplug it and run stock settings with a wet kit, dont tune the car.... yet, after awhile and u wanna dyno tune with nitrous then do it.. later-

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

thanks for your help. Is it ok if I just set the safc2 back 2 stock settings,?

Comment

most people dont know this, but piggyback fuel computers completely screw up your timing.
                    Its tricking the ecu with false map sensor signals, which can add or subtract fuel. However your timing map will be on different #'s...
                    Personally i ran a 75shot wet on my old setup. Honestly a 50shot wet is plenty. 75shot will f up your auto trans/clutch...

Comment

oops. I just wrote that above under his s/n... lol
                      12.5 at 114.6mph 15psi
                      11.7 and 11.5 20.5psi
                      F22a1
                      60-1 td06h turbo
                      Darton mid sleeves
                      85.5 wiseco 8.8:1 forged pistons
                      Crower pro billet rods
                      Custom ported head.
                      KMS valves
                      F23 headgasket
                      ARP H23 headstuds
                      H23 upper intake manifold
                      F22a6 lower intake manifold
                      Intake manifold is gutted
                      AEM EMS 1040u
                      FIC 850cc injectors
                      Walbro 255 pump
                      H23 manual trans
                      Prelude shifter assembly
                      Forbidden short throw
                      Nitrous Express Kit installed, never used on this motor

Comment

Hey this is a good topic. I have a v-afc and a zex nitrous kit. Everyone knows the zex brain works with ur car and will raise the fuel etc. to keep the mixture safe....but will having a tuned v-afc with leaned out points make the injectors or zex brain work harder to accomodate the tuned fuel map? Would it confuse the zex brain any?
                        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

i have a problen with the 75shot being the most u can run on a stock f22. for 2 and a half years i have been running 75-85hp nos shots and this summer i bumped it up to a 100hpshot on a bone stock motor with i/h/e,fpr,h23injectors,msd digital6 +,vortec booster fuel pump, and 183,000 miles on the clock. with no problems at all. and this is with a single fogger system. i have i direct port systen waiting 4 me to install also. if you do your reaserch you can run big shots safely. i dident get a whole lot of track time this summer but 13.8 on slicks spinning through 3rd with no lsd and getting off the throttle and hitting the brakes hard and coasting the last 50 ft or so before the finish and still hitting 98mph says somthing. and it still runs! 12's are next!
                          some cars have wings cuz they look cool.
                          some cars have wings cuz they increase efficiency.
                          some cars have wings to keep them from taking flight.
                          f1 fan

Comment

Working...
                          X