Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

nitrous question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrous question

i have a NX 75 shot on my 91 accord. and when i open it up and use it, it will pull real hard then let up for a second and then pull hard again. what could be the problem and how do i fix it

http://bteamsr.runboard.com

How long does it let up? Is it like a stutter or longer than that? It would also help to know what other mods you have done along with the kit and whether it is a wet or dry kit. My guess would be a fuel problem. If it's a dry kit it could be the stock injectors hitting their max cycle and cutting off. If not it could still be the fuel pump maxing out too. I would need more info on your car to know for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
      How long does it let up? Is it like a stutter or longer than that? It would also help to know what other mods you have done along with the kit and whether it is a wet or dry kit. My guess would be a fuel problem. If it's a dry kit it could be the stock injectors hitting their max cycle and cutting off. If not it could still be the fuel pump maxing out too. I would need more info on your car to know for sure...
      do you think it's a fuel problem because he's running a 75 shot? do you have to up grade the fuel pump with that big of a shot? because i just bought a kit but i only want to have a 50 shot.
      CiRcuS kiNgZ

Comment

50 shot isn't as big of a deal. You should be alright with it. I still can't make any gaurantees, but the higher you go the more you are risking it.

Comment

it is like a second and it picks right up again and stutters again. in other words this is how it acts 2nd gear wot pulls hard as hell stutters for a second pulls hard , stutter 3rd same thing all the way through

Comment

I've had the same exact problem happen. I'm willing to bet that your fuel supply is fine. Instead, check a few other things:

1. That your bottle is mounted properly so that the siphon tube has excellent access to liquid nitrous oxide. You should notice a response if you have a passenger shake your bottle around when the solenoids are open.

2. Air in the nitrous supply line. Might want to invest in a purge valve.

3. Thermostatic bottle heater/cooler (w/ peltier element) wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Comment

about nitrous

Originally posted by Fearit22
              does any one no about the cheep nitrous kit called shady shot its like a hundred dollars on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by ffcaccord
                does any one no about the cheep nitrous kit called shady shot its like a hundred dollars on ebay
                DO NOT DO THAT.....your asking for trouble if u go cheap on NOS.....stupidest thing imaginable to do.....almost as bad as pouring oil in the TB or a sock in the oilfiller cap lmao.......NOS is a huge thing that requires alot of precise measurments and such. spend the extra several hundred on a freaking good system instead of a few thousand fixing up your broke ass motor bc u cheaped out in the first place. NOS, NX are the better brands to get....venom is overpriced. and def get the bottle warmer, safety kit, purge valve and remote bottle opener hehehe.
                My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by accrdpower
                  DO NOT DO THAT.....your asking for trouble if u go cheap on NOS.....stupidest thing imaginable to do.....almost as bad as pouring oil in the TB or a sock in the oilfiller cap lmao.......NOS is a huge thing that requires alot of precise measurments and such. spend the extra several hundred on a freaking good system instead of a few thousand fixing up your broke ass motor bc u cheaped out in the first place. NOS, NX are the better brands to get....venom is overpriced. and def get the bottle warmer, safety kit, purge valve and remote bottle opener hehehe.
                  Yah a remote bottle opener would be nice,bottle warmer and 1100 psi safety switch so ur shit is accurate everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by projectAccord
                    i have a NX 75 shot on my 91 accord. and when i open it up and use it, it will pull real hard then let up for a second and then pull hard again. what could be the problem and how do i fix it

http://bteamsr.runboard.com
                    What jets are u useing

Comment

I have a 75 shot NX. no problem.... do you purge the system before you use it
                      Accord Of The Month January 09
                      Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                      BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

id say buy a purge kit and give it a quick shot before you spray the engine. because it might just be air in the lines, however, that wouldnt explain why it does the same routine all the way through the gears...
                        "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                        "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                        Disregard females, acquire currency
                        BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

^BAD IDEA. ive seen nitrous fires, and im sure you have too. if that sh!t happens with expensive kits, i can only imagine what would happen with cheap nitrous. however, there is a company called something like auto options or something that sells mix n match body kits, and while they are fiberglass, these things are cheap, but SO strong. my friend had one on his CB7, and a UPS truck cut in front of him, making him hit it at something like 40, and the bumper ended up 300 yards away in a bush, but it was only missin a tiny little section, and it was easily fixable. plus we smashed the hell out of it driving, never cracked.

^centered around ebay auto, not nitrous, but i just thought it would be helpful to someone
                          "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
                          "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
                          Disregard females, acquire currency
                          BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

heres what your going to want to do.

1. bottle warmer + bottle gauge.. get a consistant high pressure going through your system! the best money spent is right here

2. its not related to your fuel system

3. 1100 psi? are you crazy? max hp is at 950! you got a bomb in your trunk man!!!

4. dont go cheap everyone is right

Comment

ive heard that zex nitrous systems are better that NOS can someone verify if thats right

Comment

Working...
                              X