Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My very stupid idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunkenloot
    replied
    Just some quick math to chew on...

They now make the cartiges in 16g.

If I use 3@16g that = 48g = 4 oz

As a point of reference a sneeky pete hold 10 oz...

Ya think Im going to need a real Nitrous nozzle or just dump it into the intake?

Leave a comment:

• Sunkenloot
    started a topic My very stupid idea.

My very stupid idea.

Ok fellas, as you can see by my post count Im new around here. Now, I know what Im about to describe may the most retarded thing you see on this board all year. Bear with me, flame if you want so here goes.

I want to make the cheapest nitrous system for my 93 accord anniv. I have a short ram intake and thats it. The car is clean with 160k on the clock. I had my brother to run a compression check and he says we are good to go.

Now I already have the base of the system worked out from another project. It consists of meerly some whippits NO2 chargers for a whip cream charger like can be had off ebay or just about any head shop. You pick up a cracker like used for co2 catriges used on motorcycles as an emergency fix a flat air source. Serveral feet of tubing and a few fittings and thats about it.

I used this set up to put nitrous on of all things, a gasoline powered blender..I have some video of it online you can check out if your interested..
    http://www.blenderbrothers.com/blender.mov
    If you listen to the sound you can hear the kick in the ass the nitrous gives it.

Well this lil mess would only be used most likely a few times and is only intended to amuse me. Im not actually shooting for much gain so I wont be dissapointed if it doesnt work. I am thinking about rigging up a series of three into one crackers and firing them one after another. I plan on doing a few with and wothout passes at the local 1/8 strip so I will have some numbers to see how well, if at all it works.

Now we get into the gray area for me. The little chargers specs are Contains
    10 cm^3 (0.61 cu. in) pure N2O under pressure. Weight: net c. 8g
    (0.28 oz.) NSO, gross c. 28g (1 oz.)...

So...a total of three oz..

Does anyone have any idea of actually amount of nirtous say a 40 shot would actually use say in an 1/8th mile pass...

Has anyone ever measured how much they use per run? If so could you pass along your numbers so I might play with mine some..

I know this is alot to digest but, any ideas, help, flames, get out of jail free cards welcome..
Working...
X