Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What Am I Forgetting ??? Anything ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Am I Forgetting ??? Anything ??

Ok here is my idea , Since I saw a Car with a Zex Kit ive been interested ...

My Setup Thoughts : Please Make All Suggestions I really wanna hear All of them about ECU , Injectors < ETC . ....

F22a1 Block Balanced Knife edged Crank
    F22a1 Bored .20 Over Nitrous/Turbo Piston
    F22a1 New Stock Rods
    F22a1 Head Port and Polish , Stainless Valves, The Whole Nine
    Delta Regrind 260 Cam
    Aem Fuel Rail
    Zex Inline Fuel Pump
    Aem FPR
    AEM Adjustable Timing Gear - Set 2 Degrees Retard
    2 Step Colder NGK Plugs
    Arospeed 10.5mm Plug Wires - Have Already Not Installed
    Mallory Dist. Cap & Rotor
    Zex Wet Nitrous Kit - Jetted 75HP
    Zex Bottle Warmer
    Zex Bottle Opener
    Zex Purge Kit

Keep in mind I already have :
    Short Ram intake
    Complete Exhaust Header , CAt , Mid , Rear Section
    Neuspeed Drop w/Tokico HP's
    SPC Sway Bar Kit Front / Rear
    Ingalls Ball Joint Camber Kit Front , Rear Bolt Kit
    Neuspeed Short Shift Adapter
    Stage 2 Exedy Clutch
    8lb Aluminum Flywheel
    Front & Rear Strut Bars
    Rear Tie Bar

Ok I think thats about it for now Please Give me any and all advice if u have anything i might be over lookin ? Thanks in advance Guyz

-Sean- Noxidea
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

would recommend forged rods. also loose the aerospeed wires. i dont care what size they are. measure the resistance of them then measure the resistance of a set of factory honday ignition wires. honda factory ignition wires have the lowest resistance of any wires ive ever measured. i had a zex kit. it was pretty cool. you will eventually become a nitrous junkie!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
    cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

ok Kewl , Who makes some nice Forged Rods for the F22A1 ?
      And the wires Ive got tons of Honda Stock wires , but hese things are huge by arospeed ... but thats least of my worries , more concerned about the RODS Anyone knows what brand and Part Number would be great , maybe even a place with decent prices on em ... Thanks

Come on More info Please .. ...

-Noxidea- Sean

Comment

Bumpity Bump

Comment

Bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tunerguy
            would recommend forged rods. also loose the aerospeed wires. i dont care what size they are. measure the resistance of them then measure the resistance of a set of factory honday ignition wires. honda factory ignition wires have the lowest resistance of any wires ive ever measured.
            Oh yeah, what measurement did you get? My MSD wires had pretty low imp. like they stated on the box.

As far as your build, you have money to blow? Sounds like it. So why not get higher comp pistons, and a more aggressive cam. Or if you're going with a mostly race car, then build for nitrous, get those rods for sure, and go with a bigger shot.
            You didn't mention an ignition/timing control. Oh I don't see the value in ZEX. Plus it's purple.
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

WELL , Basically im not going race , Im never racing , most the time im playin around on the street , Ive already built several cars when i was16-25 yrs old , now i have a 2.5 yr old son and im gonna be 29 Im really only lookin to get rid of the laggy no punch feeling in my little CB7 , All the port and polish stuff i do myself at the shop soo none of that is costing me any labor seems like im spending alot but honestly im hardly spending a ton of money , this care also from time to time will have a Car Seat in it soo basically its going to be a fun yet reliable toy , a little pep in CAM and a little extra in Zex 75 shot , thats primarily why im doing such a mild Build wich not many would think is worth anything , and on a 75 HP shot i dont think i need to go with forged rods but maybe im wrong ive heard people with a ton more horse than im gonna have and they run stock rods, so im confused , more info is appreciated ,, Thanks again everyone

-Noxidea- Sean

Comment

I hear ya. I'll be content with my mild setup for now.
                Well then stay with stock rods. Like you said many people have run 75 shot no problem. As long as the necessary steps are taken there shouldn't be any problem.
                There's no need for rods, you can just buy another f22 bottom end for dirt cheap 4 times over before you equal the money for new rods.
                Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Maybe an intake mani swap from an F22A6 would be a good idea while half your engine is disassembled.
                  my $0.02
                  (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
                  Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
                  My (old) Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan1987
                    Maybe an intake mani swap from an F22A6 would be a good idea while half your engine is disassembled.
                    my $0.02

Thanks , Im actually Thinkin about Maybe H23 Head , if not the head than maybe just intake manifold of h23 or A6 . not a bad idea but i was going to open up the A1 intake we'll see Cause i do have the A6 Motor thats the Block im using while this motor stays in the car LOL wanna drive it while i build its next heart ..... LOL

-Noxidea- Sean

Comment

other than using the stock wires I'd say you are fine with that setup. FEERIT22 on here (seen the car in person) had all about the same setup with stock block 75 shot and bottle warmer and he figured he had about 250hp to the ground with it and w/stripped interiour could run about a good low 13. NEver hurt the engine a bit and temps me a bit to try but I am leaning towards turbo. Free fills tho once a month at the 1/4 track are tempting
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I've been in Las Vegas for a while. I think your plans aren't balanced all the way. If you are going for a build you might as well throw better rods on too. I think you should run a much larger shot to really justify building the engine though. To run a higher shot than that I would also recommend going with a direct port setup if you decide that's what you want. If all you want is a 75 shot then the stock internals should last for a while on an engine that isn't super high mileage with the proper precautions. It seems like you also have cam timing confused with ignition timing. The adjustable cam gear is good for tuning, but it's the ignition timing you will need to reduce to prevent detonation. I hope that answered any questions you had...

Comment

Originally posted by Fearit22
                          Sorry for taking so long to respond, I've been in Las Vegas for a while. I think your plans aren't balanced all the way. If you are going for a build you might as well throw better rods on too. I think you should run a much larger shot to really justify building the engine though. To run a higher shot than that I would also recommend going with a direct port setup if you decide that's what you want. If all you want is a 75 shot then the stock internals should last for a while on an engine that isn't super high mileage with the proper precautions. It seems like you also have cam timing confused with ignition timing. The adjustable cam gear is good for tuning, but it's the ignition timing you will need to reduce to prevent detonation. I hope that answered any questions you had...

Yeah im only going 75 cause i dont even really use nitrous much , I got a 2 yr old soo most time i wont even have the bottle in the car , the juice it for weekend fun nothing more , We just did a NX direct port on NOS2NR's car its basically same build as me , I have however decided to go with RODS as well , and as far as timing i want it for the cam , Delta regrinds ive heard can need a little tweakin with the cam gear , and for ignition timing , Im going with MSD SCI , it works great on NOS2NRs car we used it at the track , only thing is his launce wasnt setup , cant wait to use it with that .. thanks for response , good info ,I appreciate it , Motor is on the rack now and pars are getting ordered so stay tuned LOL
                          -Sean- Noxidea

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea
                            Yeah im only going 75 cause i dont even really use nitrous much , I got a 2 yr old soo most time i wont even have the bottle in the car , the juice it for weekend fun nothing more , We just did a NX direct port on NOS2NR's car its basically same build as me , I have however decided to go with RODS as well , and as far as timing i want it for the cam , Delta regrinds ive heard can need a little tweakin with the cam gear , and for ignition timing , Im going with MSD SCI , it works great on NOS2NRs car we used it at the track , only thing is his launce wasnt setup , cant wait to use it with that .. thanks for response , good info ,I appreciate it , Motor is on the rack now and pars are getting ordered so stay tuned LOL
                            -Sean- Noxidea
                            That sounds good. I'm interested to see how it turns out. It gets addicting though. You will probably be tempted to up the shot later on

Comment

Yup , I know I had a 95 Mustang Gt that ended up with a 9lb procharger 3 core intercooler and tons more because i didnt know how to stop , but the reason im going mild is cause i got rid of that mustang because having my son soo I need to stick to my guns and make it mild this time
                              just to be safe for him , once he is a few yrs older its on though LOL

Oh yeah Fearit22 , What kinda track times did it run on the Kit you had , Im curious to know what to expect , please let me know

thanks again .

-Sean- Noxidea

Comment

Working...
                              X