Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

What kind and Where did you buy your kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind and Where did you buy your kit.

Decided N/A was kinda $$ to go quick and what sparkle said bout runnin a 75 shot with a few other things got to me. I just want to occasionally race street/track and turbo a turbo is to $$$ same with doing a all out N/A. So the question is "What kind and Where did you buy your kit." + how much did you pay.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

I'd like to know some answers too... I'm thinking bout running maybe a little 50 shot sometime in the future.

Comment

ZEX dry kit, got it from a friend used for $200
      1993 Prelude S
      F22A1
      custom'ish turbo setup
      180 whp/217 ft-lbs super hot, super humid, super rich, boost falling off at 8psi
      18psi boost spike = BOOM!!!!!
      currently being rebuilt

Comment

i was thinking about nitrous kit too. i was leaning towards Zex tho. but any will do fine. just as long as my motor can take it at 160k. lmao

Comment

well F22 valves are notorious for craxking on nitrous... so u need to b careful... see on the F22 since they r weak u will b fine unless u hit the rev limiter, mis shift on bottle, rev with no load and spray.. thats about the only way to fuck up...

i got my NX kit its a Wet kit called main line.. 400 brand new.. thy have a bare bottle and black sylinoids.. looks cheap but its the basics so it is cheaper... so thats a good kit.. but justto let u know.... wet kit drag cause gas is heavy it will creat a nitrous backfire if u fuck up.. dry kits can b mounted further away for better distribution into the air and slow down velocity and actually b safer for anything 65 shot or under... ur best bet is to go dry for that reason.. also u fuck up on a dry it wont backfire.. just die then u have to restart.. i had my kit backfire one time and after that i disconnected tthe fuel and only run dry now... for that reason.. have fun.. spray happy...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
            well F22 valves are notorious for craxking on nitrous... so u need to b careful... see on the F22 since they r weak u will b fine unless u hit the rev limiter, mis shift on bottle, rev with no load and spray.. thats about the only way to fuck up...

i got my NX kit its a Wet kit called main line.. 400 brand new.. thy have a bare bottle and black sylinoids.. looks cheap but its the basics so it is cheaper... so thats a good kit.. but justto let u know.... wet kit drag cause gas is heavy it will creat a nitrous backfire if u fuck up.. dry kits can b mounted further away for better distribution into the air and slow down velocity and actually b safer for anything 65 shot or under... ur best bet is to go dry for that reason.. also u fuck up on a dry it wont backfire.. just die then u have to restart.. i had my kit backfire one time and after that i disconnected tthe fuel and only run dry now... for that reason.. have fun.. spray happy...

so its better to go with a dry kit? what about my milege(my bad if im stealing this thread. at least the questions im asking your probaly wondering about yourself. lmao)

is it ok to put a dry kit on my motor being that it has like 160k miles on it?

Comment

btw im running a h22, and I was leaning towards a zex wet kit, like sparkles
              ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

.:Bump:. need some input here cause I want to buy one soon.

04 WRX stg 2 sedan

Comment

ebay probably be the best place..i got a zex 55-75 kit..450 shiped

Comment

Working...
                  X