Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

nitrous VS a high compression ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrous VS a high compression ratio

whats the highest recommended compression ratio for a daily driven h22 with a 50 shot? nx says 15:1 if proper precautions are taken, which of course that isnt a question... running on 93 octane, im thinking 12:1, but im just curious what people would consider to be the highest you should go...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

I'd say 11.5:1 as that's probably the highest you can go on pump gas in a daily driver anyway. I don't know how you could tune for NAWWZZZ though; to do it right you might need 2 ECUs...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
      I'd say 11.5:1 as that's probably the highest you can go on pump gas in a daily driver anyway. I don't know how you could tune for NAWWZZZ though; to do it right you might need 2 ECUs...
      im already somewhere between 11.3:1 and 11.5:1... considering shaving the head a bit

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

LOL you're pushing it man...a tune is highly necessary as it is, and even moreso with nitrous...

If you weren't VTEC'd up I'd suggest getting a VTEC ECU and treating the nitrous like VTEC...although I dunno if you can control when it activates. In any case you could tune the VTEC map for the nitrous so when you press the button the ECU switches maps. I dunno what you can do though...and I wouldn't wanna risk an H22 just kinda throwing it on and crossing my fingers...

Ugh...you and sparkle are both considering nitrous, NA IS BEST!!!!

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

^lol. I've been running a 50 and now a 75 shot for a few months spraying everyday with no tuning. Car still runs like the first day I got it. The optimal compression for nitrous is 10.5:1. Anything higher you got to have a good tune with good gas all the time. With hondata you can have dual maps... one with the switch on and one with the switch off. And you DONT have to treat nitrous like vtec. I Use it all the time... off the line in whatever gear except for 5th. Been running down trans ams and staying with vettes. Its so bad now no one will race me.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
            ^lol. I've been running a 50 and now a 75 shot for a few months spraying everyday with no tuning. Car still runs like the first day I got it. The optimal compression for nitrous is 10.5:1. Anything higher you got to have a good tune with good gas all the time. With hondata you can have dual maps... one with the switch on and one with the switch off. And you DONT have to treat nitrous like vtec. I Use it all the time... off the line in whatever gear except for 5th. Been running down trans ams and staying with vettes. Its so bad now no one will race me.
            god danm ur cocky.. have u ran it... ill run u bottle for bottle.... BTW:

im 12.8:1 compression B20 sleeved Vtec (everyone calls it the A.K.A.- B23Vtec) with 115shot direct port.. Uberdata w/ Nitrous controls for tuning and RC 44cc injectors...

of bottle i made 242WHP and 186WTQ on bottle...

364WHP / 352WTQ.. ill even throw down cash... this is in a 1992 LS DA integra, fully gutted, stock dash gutted... bare metal int. and 2 bucket seats... i last ran a 12.852 all motor... and a 11.213 squeezing only second and 3rd... the Nitrous sylinoid locked shut automatically uberdata went back to all motor maps once it noticed there was no spray.. smart system. redone by myself... this is on a dry direct port with fuel added while on bottle (DUH! nitrous controls) through the inj.

but besides that nitrous is considered FI so whatever u think is safe.. all motor im running a stock GSR Vtec timing map, out of Vtec B16 timing maps... and ITR converted Fuel maps for the higher compression and the bump in displacement.... i run 13.2:1 A/F`s off of bottle all the way down from 14:1 starting at 3.4k when the load is really there, still have the O2 sensor turned on and 12.5:1 (i like it rich) on bottle.. also i am runing 8 series plugs and cams re degreed for the shaved head and block, so really accurate 0,0 settings on cams... what else am i forgetting... hmm... fuck.... oh ya.. i go by an exact .75 degrees retard per 50 shot... very conservative... that is another thing about nitrous, u could have a 15:1 compression motor running what it can handle at 10 degrees retard and it will run perfect on bottle if u know what im saying,.. im running a not very conservative 1.25 degrees ignitionretard on bottle... so to each his own good luck CP.. and if u cant tell it is 2.3 litres so basically a H22.. the cylinder bowls have been redone. good ish.. later everyone...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

oh ya.. as in optimium compression which means best of reliability and power.. it would b 13:1 because on 93 octane that is where u run into a lot of retarded timing and shit which makes all motor cars slow... so i would say 12:8:1 or 12.5:1 would be OPTIMIUM...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Working...
              X