Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

!tuning For Nitrous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rexload View Post
    So to tune for nitrous...
    Say you set nitrous to activate at 5,500rpm (in vtec - high cam)... and you want DRY 100shot...
    What would be the best way to start tuning your fuel? Do you start with smaller jets at first(can they be replaced on the fly?)? I mean how else can you estimate how much fuel you will need for that 100shot when you hit it for the first time to get a datalog?
    On our small motors, from what I've read and have been told, you can run a 100 dry shot, but a wet kit would be ideal.

It may be best to buy a whole kit, and let the control module inside the kit regulate everything. If not, you would probably have to tune your ECU when on spray to add "x" amount of fuel to offset the high amount of oxygen in the combustion chamber to get a balanced AFR. To figure out how much fuel, I would say do a test run on a 75 shot, and log the data. Then figure out how much fuel is needed to balance everything. Once balanced, move onto a 100 shot.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yep, I am talking about running a dry shot and tuning the ECU for additional fuel when nitrous is activated. I am assuming it isn't that hard to switch between different shots - starting with 50, then 75, then 100 to tune.

Comment

Can this all be done with a f22 ecu? Or do I have to have a p72

Comment

can't chip an f22 ecu.

it doesn't have to be a P72 though... obd 1 civic ecus are fully tunable

you can run a WET shot on a stock ECU and still tune the fuel properly. it won't be as precise as a chipped ecu... and you will have no control over your timing
          other than moving the distributor.
          Last edited by rexload; 06-25-2011, 07:17 PM.

Comment

why?

A chipped ecu running crome is pretty much the same price as a vafc, so I don't know why anyone would go that rout.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Yea. Well ill need the tune one I finish my built head. It'll be a built multi port throttle activated 125 shot with meth injection. 75 on street. 125 on strip.

Comment

Finally realize the power of f22 im proud of you!!!!
                i feel good cause i beat a 350z~

Comment

being paid with nitrous oxide kit..

hey guys, my manager is offering me a project for he's eg 4door.he wants a mini-me swap for he's d15 motor and he'll be paying me with a nitrous oxide kit..

its a wet kit that he bought from a friend for $50!..it still have the solenoids,steel braided hoses,and bottle..

2 things missing-(1) switch and (2)(im not sure what its called,but i know its suppose to go on top of the fuel filter)..is there a place where i could buy one?

Comment

Originally posted by stunin92_accord View Post
                    hey guys, my manager is offering me a project for he's eg 4door.he wants a mini-me swap for he's d15 motor and he'll be paying me with a nitrous oxide kit..

its a wet kit that he bought from a friend for $50!..it still have the solenoids,steel braided hoses,and bottle..

2 things missing-(1) switch and (2)(im not sure what its called,but i know its suppose to go on top of the fuel filter)..is there a place where i could buy one?
                    make sure the bottle is less than 5 years old, the date of manufacture should be stamped into it near the neck. If not, you will need a new bottle or have that one ,recertified at a scuba shop, gas bottling company or possibly a fire station.
                    I don't know what piece you mean on the fuel filter, my wet kit doesn't have anything attached to the fuel filter. You can buy any pieces you need from any nitrous manufacturer or Jegs or ebay or...

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      make sure the bottle is less than 5 years old, the date of manufacture should be stamped into it near the neck. If not, you will need a new bottle or have that one ,recertified at a scuba shop, gas bottling company or possibly a fire station.
                      I don't know what piece you mean on the fuel filter, my wet kit doesn't have anything attached to the fuel filter. You can buy any pieces you need from any nitrous manufacturer or Jegs or ebay or...

my friend have a nitrous set up on hes civic and he does have that black piece that sits on top of the fuel filter.he said,the ground wires from the solenoid is supposed to connect there. idk,maybe this is a dry kit..

Comment

black piece on top of the fuel filter.nitrous set up

sori i took awhile to find it but its called a PRESSURE DEACTIVATION SWITCH..its screwed on top of the fuel filter and wires from the solenoids are to be connected on the pressure deactivation switch.

heres a description about this part,from EDELBROCK: This Pressure Deactivation Switch is adjustable from 3 to 25 psi to disengage the nitrous system once the turbo has achieved the set boost pressure level. Factory pre-set at 7 psi, this switch is ideal for hard-core racing applications to prevent wheel spin, over-boost and engine damage.

this is that one part that is missing on my set-up.

Comment

Working...
                        X