Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

80 or 85 shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80 or 85 shot

Does anyone know if the pill setup (41-nitrous, 28-fuel) is a true 80 shot or 85 shot. I'm having several different people tell me it would be an 80 shot and then others tell me it's an 85 shot.

http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

Actually a 75 hp shot.

CB7Tuner member #38

Comment

That's a very cool link. Found out I'm jetted for an 80 shot, not a 75 and my fuel is one size up at 26 when it says should be a 24. I just put a larger intake on together with a free flow cat and 2.25 b-pipe. I hope to dyno tomorrow. If the improved flow doesn't fix the problem (a/f was 9, then I cleaned the nitrous filter and it went to 10. I'm looking for 11.5) I'll try the 24.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accord
        Actually a 75 hp shot.
        Well actually it depends on the manufacture of the nitrous kit. I've seen so many differences in jetting just by switching brand from Nitrous Pro-Flow, NX, Compucar, Edelbrock, they all have similar jetting but it's not always exact. It really depends on the nozzle, orifice size in the solonoid, supply line size, bottle pressure yata yata yata. I know 93accord knows all this.

Most kit's I've seen put .038 on the Nitrous side as a 75 shot. So in theory a .041 with a .028 fuel side could be an 80 shot maybe even an 85 but that might be pushing it. I would say it's atleast an 80 shot. Or if yo ureally wna play it safe a really strong 75 shot .
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Nitrous experts, help!?!

Please take a look at this thread, http://board.hondasociety.com/showth...53#post1123253
          and let me know what you think. Ever have a problem with an O2 sensor on a dyno clogging up?

Comment

You mean the wideband that the Dyno uses? Yes they can become clogged but they are supposed to be cleaned after each car so that won't happen. There are several filters in the external widebands that need to be cleaned. Dynojet doesn't even recommend cleaning them they say replace them but that gets expensive.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Working...
            X