Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 with nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 with nitrous

Noob to nitrous and I read the sticky's and came to the conclusion that if I don't sell my car instead of boosting the h22 I'm going to run a wet system with a 75 shot this summer just for the fact that initially it's cheaper and I only reallt want that extra power at the track. I already have the fuel pump, but I might replace my chipped P06 ecu and get either a p28 or p72 chipped with crome or uberdata and get it tuned....one question, I might have missed it, but what about h22 injectors? Are they capable of supporting nitrous? Thanks

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Originally posted by mozzandherb
    Noob to nitrous and I read the sticky's and came to the conclusion that if I don't sell my car instead of boosting the h22 I'm going to run a wet system with a 75 shot this summer just for the fact that initially it's cheaper and I only reallt want that extra power at the track. I already have the fuel pump, but I might replace my chipped P06 ecu and get either a p28 or p72 chipped with crome or uberdata and get it tuned....one question, I might have missed it, but what about h22 injectors? Are they capable of supporting nitrous? Thanks
    Dood, just wait for a turbo. I was in your shoes but got a Zex dry kit.... however I never used it once (scared I might blow my engine) but I thought about it and in the longrun, a turbo will be more cost effective than filling up the bottle with nitrous everytime for boost. With a turbo you can get boost anytime you want.

With nitrous, once it's gone u gotta make repeated trips to the speed shop and fill up. It costed me $48 to fill up my 10lb bottle! I thought about it and after about 6 fills, you can already buy a nice snail. couple more fills and there goes the cost for custom piping etc. etc.

If you got good sources or shop wisely on e-bay or on the forum, you can piece together a turbo kit for probably $800 or less. Just my opinion. I was in your shoes once and thats the route i'm going. My friend has a 98 prelude on boost. Once I felt that.... I just had to go boost. Open downpipe sounds so nasty! Doesn't even sound like a 4-banger.... it has a throaty 8 cylinder sound at idle and is really intimidating to people that try to mess with you

But to answer your question, the stock injectors should be alright...it all depends on how big of a shot you are doing. If you have a built engine that can accept insanely big shots, having more fuel is good too, however you still want to make sure your engine is going to burn all that fuel. You don't want to be TOO rich or TOO lean at the same time. For instance you don't want say "1000000000000cc" injectors when you are only doing a 50shot. You'll be flooding your engine and the mixture won't be good.

You can upgrade your fuel pump or at least change your fuel filter if it hasn't been serviced lately...it's really recommended. Zex and i'm pretty sure other companies as well make piggy back systems that increase the fuel pressure when it's needed if you don't have a upgraded fuel pump or bigger injectors.
    I know zex has a piggyback system you can put inline with their nitrous kits.
    In my opinion, those add-ons are half assing it. If you are going to go with bigger injectors and a upgraded fuel pump, that will be better....but make sure you have a modified ecu or standalone to get your engine tuned to accept those parts. Your headed in the right direction though with the chipped ecu. A 75shot is ok on stock injectors. Since you already have a upgraded fuel pump, make sure the fuel filter is brand new too.
    Last edited by Warudakumi; 02-12-2007, 12:11 PM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
    JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
    1994 Prelude V-Tec
    1999 CL 3.0
    2000 Prelude
    2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
    1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
    1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
    1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

The main reason for choosing nitrous is cost realated. I see your point about having to fill up the bottle and after several times of doing that you could have saved for some turbo setup's, but as you know initally a good turbo setup is much more than a nitrous setup. I've read somewhere that with a 10lbs bottle you can spray about 30 times. Now to me that's sounds good because like I said I woun't be spraying all the time, hardly ever on the street, it's mostly for the track which I go to during the summer up here in Ottawa and I only go to the track maybe once a week. So having 30 sprays with 10lbs bottle will last me a while I think. Anyway thanks, and I do have the fuel pump and new fuel filter, other than that I know about the plugs, wires ect ect, I'm just wondering for those that do spray is there any miscellaneous items I might overlook? Thanks

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

75 shot you be fine.. Put the fuel pressure at 42 psi. and the timming -3 degrade. And your ok on the injectors. And if you want get a set of stage 1 cold plugs
        Accord Of The Month January 09
        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Working...
        X