Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

highest shot on h22? tuning in todays world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highest shot on h22? tuning in todays world.

I know a 75 shot on an h22 even without a tune can be accomplished safely. i was just wondering what you think is hte highest possible shot on an h22 with a tune.

I have

jdm h22a converted to external coil,
    msd blaster, (getting the rest)
    colder spark plugs
    a chipped p28, will be tuned by someone brilliant lol

Do you think this is possible? or is it just to much for the compression ratio? what am i going to be worried about going first? My h still has full compression in cylinders and runs good.
    ]

usally they say that u can do up to half the hp of ur engine with a good tune. Ive heard of up to 100hp wet shot-on stock h22'z

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
    Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
    mycb7.com
    Members Ride

Comment

a friend of mine had a 100 shot on his and a tune. he beat the crap out of a lot of cars. he thought he blew the motor once, but it turned out that he fouled a plug. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Wow a 100 shot is crazy, just think thats 300 horse, thats good for 13's maybe 12's if you know how to use it.
        CB7
        Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
        Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
        Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

h22 with h22 tranny and 100 wet shot= mid to low 12'z for show

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
          Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
          mycb7.com
          Members Ride

Comment

i use a 75 shot but i can't break into 12's still in the low 13's with the bottle.
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

Originally posted by trah
              i use a 75 shot but i can't break into 12's still in the low 13's with the bottle.
              Dry shot? Try taking out your back seats, spare tire, and put 93 in it.
              CB7
              Removed:A/C, P/S, C/C, ABS, Wires, Battery
              Added: H22A, South Bend TZ Series Clutch, Fidanza (8lb) Flywheel, Megan 4-1 Headers
              Waiting For:M2F4 Tranny, NX 50 Shot

Comment

Originally posted by areem57
                Dry shot? Try taking out your back seats, spare tire, and put 93 in it.
                You must not have an H22. If you did, you would know that it runs on premium fuel already.

Also, the rule for selecting a safe shot for a stock motor is to take half the stock HP as your jet. That would make it 100hp.

Personally, I would not do 100hp jet on the H22 because cast pistons don't have incredibly high tolerances. And AFAIK, they say your average shot of 75 puts about 10k miles worth of damage on your engine.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                  You must not have an H22. If you did, you would know that it runs on premium fuel already.

Also, the rule for selecting a safe shot for a stock motor is to take half the stock HP as your jet. That would make it 100hp.

Personally, I would not do 100hp jet on the H22 because cast pistons don't have incredibly high tolerances. And AFAIK, they say your average shot of 75 puts about 10k miles worth of damage on your engine.

killercam you didnt get rid of your cb7 did u?

and 10k miles, that sound alot. I think mahle makes pistons that you dont have to sleeve the block for turboing, i guess this would be good if i wanted to run an even higher shot then... say 150? (obviously my goal)

im trying to run 12.60's or better.
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    killercam you didnt get rid of your cb7 did u?

and 10k miles, that sound alot. I think mahle makes pistons that you dont have to sleeve the block for turboing, i guess this would be good if i wanted to run an even higher shot then... say 150? (obviously my goal)

im trying to run 12.60's or better.
                    Its pretty much gone to a fellow member. I know he will take good care of it, besides, i can help him build it up anyhow.

The Mahle pistons have Nikasil coatings on the piston skirts to prevent them from grinding the hell out of the FRM sleeves. Now, if you got pistons and sent them out to be coated with Nikasil all around, they will also be well protected against the nitrous meltdown temps.

Personally, i would sleeve the block vs running the FRM sleeves. No real reason for it but I am just biased against the FRM sleeves. I have seen turbo H23/22's with the FRM sleeves put out great numbers but I'm old school. So I sleep safer at night knowing that my Ductile Iron or Steel sleeves are holding up to the challenge. Also, over time Nikasil coatings wear down (as anyone would/should expect). However, the coating is only as good as the process used to coat it. Keep that in mind with the also old school rule of thumb I gave you regarding N2O's damage to block internals.

For 12s, you would need some kind of engine work itself. Solicit companies that specialize in building nitrous engines. Contrary to popular belief, a nitrous build isn't just a N/A build with "NOS". Some shops actually have calculatd port angles and diameters that they would apply to a head that they are prepping for nitrous (I saw this with Mustang heads, so there must be somthing for VTAKs).

Comment

use the nos calculator to determine and tune the AFR (you need a wideband) right now when i spray and pray i run 16.7 rich but not lean its kinda hard to tune nos to a good afr since i don't have spare n2o lol. but when not spraying im either in the 13-14 afr range but it does go lean from different rpms sigh....even street tuning it won't give you all the accurate results as a dyno would but o wells. have fun with the gas.
                      either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

what about the h23? better for some laughing gas? than the h22?

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                        AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                        nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
                          what about the h23? better for some laughing gas? than the h22?
                          Nope, actually the H22 is. Simply because it starts off with more hp. With the H23 you might end up running a 75 as well.

Comment

thought cause it had a lower comp ratio it would be better

AzN VtEc PoWeR: i need to find something to do on my b-day
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: yea
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: go find some friends
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: lol
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: i already went on craigslist and got some hoes
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: just like maple
                            AzN VtEc PoWeR: hahahaha i keed
                            nFiniTeSkiLz: um hum im sure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1993sE
                              thought cause it had a lower comp ratio it would be better
                              Thats what i figured you thought.

While lower compression ultimately means lower operating temps, the cast pistons will do you in far before any of that comes into play.

Nitrous is far more versitile than boost tho. I have seen some Mustang owners running a 12:1 CR with a dual phase system and of course race gas.

Comment

Working...
                              X