Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

highest shot on h22? tuning in todays world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KillerCam282
    Thats what i figured you thought.

While lower compression ultimately means lower operating temps, the cast pistons will do you in far before any of that comes into play.

Nitrous is far more versitile than boost tho. I have seen some Mustang owners running a 12:1 CR with a dual phase system and of course race gas.
    yup thats why i decided to do it. Pretty much the most cost effective way to get major hp gains on an H22.

im not looking to drop 5'gs into this motor or anything, i know of a company that does "econo ports" on heads for under 500 dollars. I dont know if they would know what they are doing though as far an n20 build. And should i be running wet or dry? obvisouly ill have a full throttle switch, and spray when i want to. My stang was either off, or always on at full throttle, this was not good if you nailed it in 1st or 2nd gear lol
    ]

Comment

Originally posted by trah
      i use a 75 shot but i can't break into 12's still in the low 13's with the bottle.
      have you tried using some race gas and some drag raitals? i was hitting 13.5's in my h22 with f22 tranny and a 55 shot

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
      Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
      mycb7.com
      Members Ride

Comment

ok heres an update. their is a local machine shop by my house, so im getting my lower and upper intake manifolds ported. I talked with MRX and another tuner and theyd be willing to tune, but i need a dual chip thingamajig from moates.

Im not sure wether to use wet or dry. I am going to still try and pull off a 100 shot as well.

I was told i shouuld be using 450 cc dsm injectors incase i need extra fuel.

ultimately, ill pull the head, replace the valves and sleeve the block. Thats when i will step up to 150 shot. I think thats where ill stop modding the H.

so back to reality, with the PNP intake's, a brilliant tune and/ or 450cc injectors, does anyone see 12's?

im still debating what type of injection too
        ]

Comment

Originally posted by shanleycb7
          have you tried using some race gas and some drag raitals? i was hitting 13.5's in my h22 with f22 tranny and a 55 shot

naw haven't i wanna reach high 12's with donuts and pump gas.
          either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

damn this thread went back and forth and i really thought i would get my answer here .. I bought an H22 JDM with hydraulic trans "non LSD" and ECU basically the whole setup with intake manifold and exhaust manifold ect , droppin that into my car sooon , my questions is what would it need to use my Zex Dry 75 ? I mean colder plugs and what else ???

Sorrry for thread jackin man ....
            Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

you also must retard the ignition timing properly

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
              Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
              mycb7.com
              Members Ride

Comment

Working...
              X