Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Zex or...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zex or...?

I'm looking to get a nitrous kit and I can't decide which one. I like the simplicity of the Zex kit,but it seems like it has limitations. Any thoughts? Any pics of your setups? thanks
    Rolled Out 93 Coupe

What do you mean limitations. Zex has a complete kit IMO it works.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

wet or dry?

just change the jets?
      1993 CB7
      2001 BB6

Comment

IMO ZEX is the safest kit on the market. I like the control box that comes with it that alows you to spray by wiring it into your TPS so basicly flip a switch and when the throttle is wide open it sprays. also with the control box it monitors conditions and cuts the spray if your engine becomes too lean or for any reason becomes unsafe. unfortantly I cant vouch for its use yet since I am still waiting for all my stuff to get in (moates burn1 arrives tomorrow so I can reburn my chip for the H22) then I have to calibrate my TPS then I will be installing my kit and spraying a 75 shot on my H22.

Comment

i can vouch- zex kit works awesome- had tha kit for several years and never had a problem. once at the track, one of the pressure lines poped off my intakemanifold mid run and the kit stopped working- prolly good thing too! here's a few pics i took awhile back

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
          Sold to: timmy0tool, sackingz123, judonoh, jdmhondaman, jdmaccord91,Ofr
          mycb7.com
          Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by shanleycb7
            i can vouch- zex kit works awesome- had tha kit for several years and never had a problem. once at the track, one of the pressure lines poped off my intakemanifold mid run and the kit stopped working- prolly good thing too! here's a few pics i took awhile back

Now where have I seen The..... O...... I know now.... Man I thought you made a DIY.... I'm going to try and install my zex kit next week... I'll post up a few pics....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Doitagain
              Now where have I seen The..... O...... I know now.... Man I thought you made a DIY.... I'm going to try and install my zex kit next week... I'll post up a few pics....
              ya ive been lazy........been makin a automotive web site, along with rehab, and prepin my new new kit for install/paint along with the new suspension, headlights, and a few other goodies. just not enough time in a day ya know>? im surprised u haven't installed that kit yet!? i had mine for like a day then i HAD to put it on

Bought from: 92acclude, almostJDM, cali-racer, MikeW, rexload, slick, sackingz123, so-calsfinest, lindiz, yeamans17
              mycb7.com
              Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by BostonCb7
                I'm looking to get a nitrous kit and I can't decide which one. I like the simplicity of the Zex kit,but it seems like it has limitations. Any thoughts? Any pics of your setups? thanks

Good thing too because most people don't with nitrous.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i have been wondering where i could put my control box. dont you worry about it getting wet in wet weather though? I was thinking of relocating my battery to the trunk and putting the control box where the battery was

Comment

I will eventually get a Zex kit. That box makes it pretty much idiot-proof.

If you get a dry kit, 75 is about as big a shot as you should go. Wet, 100 is safe. I personally just want a 50 shot dry kit.

Comment

Originally posted by trickedaccord92
                      i have been wondering where i could put my control box. dont you worry about it getting wet in wet weather though? I was thinking of relocating my battery to the trunk and putting the control box where the battery was
                      I have always had my kit installed where you see it in the pictures. the wet weather dosn't bother me- and ive never had a problem wit it. im prolly just going to install a new innerfinder well liner so it will never see the light of day. ive seen alot of people install the box on the rear firewall. i just like mine hidden.

Originally posted by deevergote
                      I personally just want a 50 shot dry kit.
                      thats all i use

mycb7.com
                      Members Ride

Comment

JDM H22 is safe with a 50 shot. Anything more is pushing it. Doable, but it decreases the margin for error considerably.

Comment

Zex makes very good kits but you can also try Venom. Venom is more expensive but it is all computerized.
                          OHIO CB7's

My Ride

MOD FUND: better if I could sell some of my stuff.

Build Thread

vouches: oneoffaccord, dep22build, 1993haccord, hostile, da9b16, brian91accord,93 Accord lx, kc8enb

Comment

Originally posted by T04ECB7
                            Zex makes very good kits but you can also try Venom. Venom is more expensive but it is all computerized.
                            does anyone know if the venom kit has a progressive nitrous controller built in? or am i just thinking of the jacobs mastermind...

mycb7.com
                            Members Ride

Comment

Zex FTW

I had a zex dry kit on my old car. What I liked about most was the control box because it was easy to hide. None of the racers in my area knew I had Nitrous as I routed the control box next to my ECU and the lines I kept hidden with stretch tubing in my engine bay. The bottle I kept in a Nike Gym bag on the passenger floor. I showed the non-vtec Integras guys what was up that were talking $hit about my F22 auto.

I wish I still had it, but I sold it to buy bolt-ons for my stock h22a-auto on my last cb. I wanted to spray just once on my H22auto but was scared of messing up my new swap. I'd like to also point out that the Zex kit has safety measures to ensure it your car doesn't run too lean etc., but that won't stop the kit from blowing up your engine.

If your engine isn't in good condition or something simple like your fuel filter being semi-clogged....that lead to engine failure if "all" the system components aren't healthy enough to keep up with the nitrous management.
                              It's wise to change the fuel filter, upgrade the fuel pump (zex makes a inline one too) and other regular maintenance parts to help the engine survive better.

My buddy went through 4 engines on his DA. 2 LS-motors, 1 B16 and he injured a GS-R motor where it sounded like he had rocks bouncing in his head at all times. He didn't change nothing on these motors and everytime he blew one up, he would just go to the importer, buy another swap and put it in and spray again. I wish I had the kind of money he did but I would have to say he is Nitrous happy.
                              Last edited by Kurobei; 11-15-2007, 09:10 PM.
                              I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

Working...
                              X