Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Zex or...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vtechno
    in the long run, turbo is cheaper.

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
      I will eventually get a Zex kit. That box makes it pretty much idiot-proof.

If you get a dry kit, 75 is about as big a shot as you should go. Wet, 100 is safe. I personally just want a 50 shot dry kit.
      what stuff would i need to hold that much nos?i only have knn short ram exhaust and thats it.im gonna get nitrous works

Comment

Originally posted by Lroy onDA scene
        what stuff would i need to hold that much nos?i only have knn short ram exhaust and thats it.im gonna get nitrous works

if youer a beginner, its best to start off with a 50hp shot. get step 2 colder spark plugs, make sure your ignition system is working good(at or above factory spec.), and make sure your fuel system is at or above factory spec. all these thing will make sure that you dont blow your motor. learn a little more about your motor and your limits before you use it. remember, thats 50hp INSTANLY. not moving gradually to it. and dont run off using it every chance you get or you could find yourself refilling it before the week is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          if youer a beginner, its best to start off with a 50hp shot. get step 2 colder spark plugs, make sure your ignition system is working good(at or above factory spec.), and make sure your fuel system is at or above factory spec. all these thing will make sure that you dont blow your motor. learn a little more about your motor and your limits before you use it. remember, thats 50hp INSTANLY. not moving gradually to it. and dont run off using it every chance you get or you could find yourself refilling it before the week is out.
          LMAO but its true. I filled my bottle everyday for a week straight the first week I had nitrous and then after that it was mon, wed, fri, sat. Every week I filled my bottle 4 times for about 6-8 month straight. Nitrous is so much fun. Any case you should be fine with a 50-125 shot as long as you first figure out how much tq the rods can handle before they bend/break. Btw 100 on a f22b gives you 200whp and about the same tq. I know on my motor I sprayed nitrous every second I got just because most people said it couldn't be done. That nitrous and h22s dont mix. Oh my setup was a edlbrock wet kit which is the same as the nos kit. Personally I would go with a wet kit to have the added safety of fuel. But you can't go wrong with a zex kit.

Edit: Be sure to get a inline filter for the bottle so no trash gets caught in the nitrous solenoid and get it stuck... The last thing you want is for it to get stuck in the open position. Mine got stuck in the closed thank goodness.
          Last edited by koolkoreanked; 12-11-2007, 12:28 AM.
          Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
          registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
            LMAO but its true. I filled my bottle everyday for a week straight the first week I had nitrous and then after that it was mon, wed, fri, sat. Every week I filled my bottle 4 times for about 6-8 month straight. Nitrous is so much fun. Any case you should be fine with a 50-125 shot as long as you first figure out how much tq the rods can handle before they bend/break. Btw 100 on a f22b gives you 200whp and about the same tq. I know on my motor I sprayed nitrous every second I got just because most people said it couldn't be done. That nitrous and h22s dont mix. Oh my setup was a edlbrock wet kit which is the same as the nos kit. Personally I would go with a wet kit to have the added safety of fuel. But you can't go wrong with a zex kit.
            lol. yeah. showing off will cost ya. one way or another. youll end up paying for more nitrous or youll end up paying for another motor because your motor wanted you to see what it looks like inside through a permanent hole in the block. lol

for right now a 50hp shot til he can get used to the burst of speed and so he can learn the "do's and donts" of nitrous. 125 shot isnt going to be good for a stock motor. 75 is the highest i would recommend for a stock motor. and thats with all the things needed done properly and the motor is running good.

Comment

note: even though a 50-75 shot is completely safe, its still wear and tear on your motor. its like kicking a puppy. itll take it for a while, but eventually itll die.

Comment

Working...
              X