Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

nitrous for dummies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrous for dummies?

im walking in the dark still after reading those threads. i know a little more now! i have an h22a and i would like to look into a nitrous kit(nos or nx). anyone know a safe set up for a newb to nitrous? i would like to get direct port kit but small shot to begin with something safe on stock block for learning purposes and if it is as enjoyable as it seems ill build motor to handle more and kick up the comp a bit. all help is greatly appreciated.also anyone tune ecu's? i will be getting wideband a/f for exact numbers

smoke tires, not drugs.

direct port kit is to much for a stock engine because the lowest shot is 100. if you go with the direct port kit it will go down to 25 shot per cylinder. 25x4=100 shot. You be fine with a single fogger kit.
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*NITROUS
      direct port kit is to much for a stock engine because the lowest shot is 100. if you go with the direct port kit it will go down to 25 shot per cylinder. 25x4=100 shot. You be fine with a single fogger kit.

he aint called richie nitrous for nothing. he's running a 75hp shot. but listen to the man. he knows what he's talking about. theres a thread up here about tuning for nitrous. you dont need to get a chipped ECU for it. all you need to do is make sure your motor is up to par. new plugs(step 2 colder plugss. NGK). and i THINK you have to retard the timing. i THINK. but dont listen to me on that one. someone correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
        he aint called richie nitrous for nothing. he's running a 75hp shot. but listen to the man. he knows what he's talking about. theres a thread up here about tuning for nitrous. you dont need to get a chipped ECU for it. all you need to do is make sure your motor is up to par. new plugs(step 2 colder plugss. NGK). and i THINK you have to retard the timing. i THINK. but dont listen to me on that one. someone correct me if im wrong.
        Yeah!! With my 75 shot my timing is at -5. You don't need a chipped ECU but I'm running a PO6 chipped ECU
        Last edited by RICHIE*GT35R; 09-21-2007, 07:19 AM.
        Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
        BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Yeah!! With my 75 shot my timing is at -5.

i plan on running at least a 50hp shot. id rather do that than boost. less money and less stuff needed for tuning. cant wait for tax season. lord it is taking too long.

at what hp shot do you have to start retarding your timing Richie?

Comment

i plan on running at least a 50hp shot. id rather do that than boost. less money and less stuff needed for tuning. cant wait for tax season. lord it is taking too long.

at what hp shot do you have to start retarding your timing Richie?
            With a 50 shot just leave it along!!!
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

With a 50 shot just leave it along!!!
              so a 50hp shot all i need is the step 2 colder plugs right?

oh to the OP sorry for thread jackin man. at least your getting questions answered. lol. and you dont have to worry about anyone flamming your for the stupids questions im asking for you

Comment

so a 50hp shot all i need is the step 2 colder plugs right?
                You don't have to.. It a small shot. But if you want to, get them. And I'm using step 1 colder plugs
                Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

listen to RICHIE. he wont steer you wrong when it comes to nitrous. he knows what he's doing.

Comment

well i didnt check to see if it was for my car and its only for civics so richie is that wet kit best for me and what all should i need for safe shot on my motor? im excited!!!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      well i didnt check to see if it was for my car and its only for civics so richie is that wet kit best for me and what all should i need for safe shot on my motor? im excited!!!
                      for right now just do a 50hp shot. youll be ok with that. if you want to feel safer then get some step 2 colder plugs from NGK. you wont have to worry about the motor blowing or nothing like that.

1st before you do anything dealing with nitrous, ANYTHING AT ALL, make sure you have your tune up done. new plugs(make sure if your going to get the step 2 colder plugs get them then.), new wires, change your oil, all that other good stuff to make sure you dont mess up nothing.

Comment

im gonna get the nx kit with 50 75 jets i think and im going to do safe cut off for if i miss a shift or hit limiter

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

and this guy says step 2 and retard 3 degrees:Retard your ignition timing by 3 degrees, pick up an ignition, colder plugs, spark plug wires, and look into getting a stronger clutch because your stock one will be slipping very badly. If you find that you are running lean or rich pick up a fuel pressure regulator. If you are running a direct port kit, then you can pick up an Apexi VAFC to control your fuel map.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                            and this guy says step 2 and retard 3 degrees:Retard your ignition timing by 3 degrees, pick up an ignition, colder plugs, spark plug wires, and look into getting a stronger clutch because your stock one will be slipping very badly. If you find that you are running lean or rich pick up a fuel pressure regulator. If you are running a direct port kit, then you can pick up an Apexi VAFC to control your fuel map.
                            WHAT???? That a lot of $$ to run a 75 shot!!!
                            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

well its outta the nitrous faq sticky
                              hey richie do you have aim or anything?

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X